Crazy Beginnings and Happy Endings

sixty

After Max called Marc-Andre, Jordan, Sidney and Geno, we drove to Kris' place to get my skates and invite Kris to come along. I was pretty excited to skate again and as it turned out Marc-Andre had some equipment he used to use when he was younger.

Max and I decided to tell Marc-Andre, Vero and Kris that I would be testing my goal tending skills. Max thought it would be fun to surprise the other three.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Kris asked as I pulled on my bunny hug.

"Why not?" I asked. "What's the worst that can happen?"

"How about Sid and Geno kill you with shots," Kris suggested.

"Naw," I shook my head and grabbed my skates. I walked down the hall and stood next to Max. "We already made teams, Sid will be the only one shooting against me."

"You say that like it's a good thing," Kris muttered.

"He won't shoot that hard when he realizes it's me," I explained, hoping I would be right.

"We will see," Kris said, leading us out of the apartment.

We all got in Max's car and drove to the rink we told everyone else to meet us at. When we got there, Vero and Marc-Andre were the only two people there.

I got out of Max's car and walked over to the couple.

"Brylyn," Vero smiled. "It's good to see you again. I'm sorry about yesterday."

"It's good to see you too," I smiled. "And don't worry about yesterday."

"Here, I hope it fits," Marc-Andre said, handing me a hockey bag.

"Thanks," I said, taking the bag and making my way to the dugout. I started putting on the equipment while the others made their way over to the dugout.

"How is it?" Marc-Andre asked.

"It's a little big," I told him. "But that's ok, I'm pretty short and scrawny."

"Ok," he nodded and started getting his gear on. "I brought a couple extra helmets in case this one doesn't work out."

"Thanks," I smiled while I finished lacing up my skates. Vero, Max and Kris were already out on the ice shooting a puck around. I pulled on the helmet and sat there for a couple of seconds. "This will work."

"You sure?" Marc-Andre asked.

"Yea," I said, getting up and making my way to the ice. I skated over to Max and gave him a small hip check.

"Hey," he laughed.

"Take shots on me after I warm up," I instructed him.

"Ok," he agreed.

I skated around for a bit and then started stretching out my limbs. It felt good to be in hockey gear again. As I was finishing my stretches, I saw Jordan and Sidney pull up. I smiled to myself and glanced around the rest of the ice. I saw Marc-Andre stretching out at the other end. He was talking to Vero.

I skated over to the net and signaled for Max to start shooting. The first shot was weak and I deflected it easily.

"I thought you were a forward," I called to Max, as I passed him the puck.

He rolled his eyes and took another shot. This time, the shot was a bit harder.

The shots became harder and faster as Max realized he was making it easy for me.

"Where is Brylyn?" Sidney asked as he skated over to Max.

"You'll see," Max smirked before taking another shot, which got past me.

Sidney shrugged off the answer and went to get the puck from my net before bringing it out to where Max was standing and taking a shot.

To my surprise, I kicked the shot away. This received a shocked look from Sidney, who was sure it was going in.

"Want to get started?" Max asked. I nodded as the rest of the group gathered around Max.

"Where Brylyn?" Geno asked.

"I just saw her," Jordan stated looking around confused. "I think. Where is she?"

"I'm right here," I said, moving the mask to rest on the top of my head.

"Wait," Sidney looked me up and down. "You just saved that shot I took."

"That would be me," I said, trying to contain my laughter. "Are we going to start?"

"Definitely," Max nodded. "So the teams are Marc-Andre, Sid, Vero and Staalsy versus Brylyn, Geno, Tanger and myself."

"I don't want to shoot against her," Sidney complained.

"Why not?" I asked.

"What if I hurt you?" Sidney asked.

"I doubt you will," I told him. "Quit being a poor sport and let's just play."

"Jeeze," Kris muttered to me as we skated to my net. "For someone who went through something so horrific yesterday, you're pretty confident in your ability to kick Crosby's ass."

"Damn rights I am," I smirked before setting myself in goal. "Besides, you're on my team to protect me, Mr. Defenceman."

"I'll do my best," Kris said. He turned away from me and focused on the game that was about to start.
♠ ♠ ♠
For those who don't know what a bunny hug is, it is a hoodie. You know, like a pull-over sweater with the pocket in front. Yea that's the one.....enjoy! :)

One month...sixty chapters...wow I write alot