Crazy Beginnings and Happy Endings

seventy-five

"Brylyn, are you coming to the game tonight?" Max called from our bedroom.

I stood in the kitchen, cooking pasta and chicken. "Definitely," I called back.

"You and I are going out after," Max said, walking into the kitchen, dressed in his suit. "So bring something appropriate to wear at a restaurant."

"Ok," I nodded, frowning a bit. "Why are we going out?"

"To celebrate one and a half years together," Max smiled.

"So soon?" I asked, pretending not to remember. "Time has flown."

"I know," Max chuckled. "I have something great planned though."

"Like what?" I asked.

"You will see," Max smirked and grabbed a plate before filling it with pasta and chunks of chicken.

"Should I wear something casual for the restaurant?" I questioned, putting my own food in my plate.

"A pair of jeans and a nice shirt would work fine," Max told me. He shoveled more food into his mouth.

"Ok, I'm wearing Letang's jersey tonight though," I informed him.

"You always do," Max glanced at me.

"If it's a problem, I'll wear yours," I said.

"No, it's not a problem," Max chuckled. "I was just saying, you always wear his, so you don't have to tell me."

"Oh," I looked at my food. I suddenly felt guilty for not wearing Max's jersey.

"Brylyn, what's wrong?" Max asked. His eyes were concerned.

"It's nothing, I just feel bad for never wearing your jersey," I shrugged.

"It's no big deal," Max smiled. He finished off his food and rinsed off the dish. "Do you want to catch a ride or drive to the rink later?"

"I'll catch a ride," I said, rinsing off my own plate. "I'll be five minutes." I went to the bedroom and put on a pair of dark straight leg jeans and a red v-neck. I put a dark grey vest thing in a bag and pulled Kris' jersey over my head.

I walked into the living room while pulling my hair into a messy bun. "Ready to go?" I asked.

Max looked at me and smiled. "Of course." He got up and lead the way to his BMW.

We got in and buckled before Max drove to the arena. He left me to go get ready for the game and I made my way to the front doors to pick up my ticket.

~~~~~

When I found my seat beside the player box, Vero was already sitting there. "Hey Vero," I smiled.

"Hey," she returned the smile. "So I hear you and Max are celebrating tonight."

"We are," I nodded. "What do you know about it?"

"Nothing," Vero said, a little too quickly.

"Liar," I acted shocked. "What kind of friend lies to another?"

"I can't tell you," Vero complained. "I was sworn to secrecy. Marc said he wouldn't kiss me for an entire month if I spilled."

"Fudge pudding," I mumbled, looking onto the ice to watch the Penguins play the Ducks.