Status: Completed

Friction

Wrong Place, Wrong Time

The bump of the bass vibrated my chest. The heat of bodies everywhere made me sweat. I just hoped that I didn’t sweat too much. I wanted to be presentable for when Tristan showed up.
“Where’s your lover boy?” asked Kelly over the music. We sat at the bar drinking our normal appletinis.
“He’ll be here,” I answered before taking a sip of my drink.
“You told him ten, right?” she asked.
“Yeah, so?” I asked.
I knew where she was going with that conversation. It was now eleven forty.
Before she could even answer, I was engulfed in a kiss by gorgeous, hazel eyed Tristan. He dipped me into the kiss and brought me back up. I was blindsided, but I liked it. Tristan was an incredible kisser. His tongue was so soft yet manly and domineering.
“Hey, Babe,” I said after the kiss.
“Hey, Beautiful. Sorry I’m late. I had to take care of something.”
“It’s no problem,” I said. “You remember Kelly, right?”
“Yeah, of course,” said Tristan.
“Hey,” she said. Tristan and Kelly hugged awkwardly.
“Come on,” I said. “I’ll introduce you to everyone.”
I dragged him around the club where Kelly’s various friends were most likely talking up an even more various group of guys.
I took him to meet Lindsey. She was talking up this tall hottie with brown wavy hair down to his ears.
I took him to meet Grace. She was on the dance floor with this guy who looked like he could be on the cover of GQ Magazine.
I took him to meet Hannah. Hannah was the one in the group that I liked the most. She wasn’t like the other girls. She didn’t need a man to make her happy. When I took Tristan to her she was sitting in a corner booth talking with some intellectual looking people.
After our rounds, Tristan and I went to dance. He put his arms straight on my shoulders. We started to rub our hips together with the music.
Now, you are thinking, ‘Kieran, why would you do that in a straight club’? My answer to you is, we’re in West Hollywood people….everyone is gay!
Okay, well not everyone, but a lot of us are. So, we’re allowed to be gay in a straight club without anyone losing their lunch on the dance floor.
Anyway, back to our rubbing hips…
Our eyes never left each other as the song changed and the beat got a bit faster. We just started rubbing faster. Then, the top halves of our bodies got closer. He put his hands on both sides of my face and brought me in for a kiss. I melted.
He brought his mouth close to my right ear, “Let’s get out of here,” he said.
I took his hand and pulled him to where Kelly was dancing with some guy.
“We’re going to get outta here,” I said.
“You two have fun,” said Kelly.
I pulled Tristan out of the club. The air felt great against my face.
“So, where do you want to go? Your place or my place?” I asked.
“How about yours?” he asked.
“Let’s go. Where’s your car?”
“Around the corner,” he said.
Tristan sped through the streets of Hollywood to get to the apartment that I shared with Kelly.
Once we got there, he practically pulled me up the apartment stairs to et to my apartment and rushed me to unlock the door and opened it.
We rushed in, closed the front door and fumbled, taking our clothes off on our way to my bedroom. We closed the door and all that was left on us were pants.
I started to unbuckle him as he kissed at my neck. I took off his pants and he pushed me onto the bed. He climbed on top of me and kissed down my body starting at my neck. I let out a soft moan as he got closer to my belly button. He went back up to the center of my torso and started kissing my abs while simultaneously undoing my pants and taking them off.
“I love you,” I whispered and he stopped cold.
“Uh,” he cleared his throat. “Um….I…”
“You don’t have to say it back,” I said. “It’s just…we’ve been seeing each other for the last five months and I…I just thought that it was appropriate.”
“You thought it was appropriate to say ‘I love you’?” he asked. He seemed a bit irritated.
“Was it the wrong thing to say? You sound irritated,” I said.
“I am irritated, but it wasn’t because you said ‘I love you’. I’m irritated because you only said it because to you it was…” Tristan formed his pointer and index fingers into quotes, “appropriate.”
“I didn’t say it because I thought it was appropriate, that’s not how I meant it. I meant that that’s how I really felt and I thought that it was appropriate to tell you how I really feel.”
“I should go,” said Tristan. He got up from on top of me and started to dress. I didn’t stop him. I knew that the mood was gone.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment please =)