Status: Completed

Friction

An Unexpected Visitor

I awoke to a pounding at my door. I glanced at the clock. It was shortly before one in the morning.

“Who in the hell could that be?” I thought out loud. “Definitely not Izzy, she’s sleeping.”

I groggily climbed out of bed. I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes as I walked down the hall to my apartment door. Looking out the peek hole, I saw Tristan. He looked irritated.

I opened the door and he stormed past me, pacing back and forth through the adjoining kitchen.

“Tristan? What’s wrong?”

At my words he stopped pacing, looking down on me with those beautiful hazel eyes, “Nothing. Just one of my friends pissed me off.”

“Do you want to talk about it?” I asked him, trying to get to know the side of him I don’t see.

“Not really,” he responded with a bitter tone in his voice.

“Oh,” I said disappointment clearly evident in my voice.

He wrapped me in his strong arms, “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to sound so harsh. I just wanted to see you. I couldn’t wait until tomorrow.”

I smiled up at him, “Really?”

“Yes, really. I couldn’t stop thinking about you the whole night.”

In an effort to not say something I might regret later, I bit my lip.

“You are cute when you do that.”

“When I do what?”

“Bite your lip because you don’t want to say something that might embarrass you.”

I looked down at my feet. I knew he was right. I do bite my lip in order to not say something embarrassing.

He gently lifted my chin so my eyes met his. The intensity in his gaze was almost unsettling. I felt a blush creep into my cheeks.

“You’re cute when you do that, too,” he said as he pressed his lips to mine.

He caressed my cheek as he deepened the kiss. My lips parted and I felt his tongue enter my mouth. I liked it. I wanted more. No, I craved more. I craved him.

My hands raked through his hair, pinning his head to mine.

He pulled away, “Getting a little excited are we, Cookie Bear?”

“Maybe, just a little. Actually, maybe it would be better if you went home. I just don’t want to rush into this and regret doing anything later.”

“Aww, Cookie Bear. We don’t have to do anything. I just want to be with you. I’d even stay on the couch instead of in bed with you, which is where I want to be.”

I snuggled into him, “You are too cute. Will you cuddle with me?”

“Cookie Bear, do you really have to ask that?”

I must have looked confused because he added, “I would love to.”

I was completely thrown off guard when he picked me up bridal style and carried me to my bed. He set me down gently before crawling up next to me. After pulling the blankets over us, he pulled me close to him.

He left his arm wrapped protectively around me. I knew I was beginning to get tired again, because about five minutes after we lay down, I was asleep.

I woke up to the sun streaming through the blinds onto my cheek. Tristan’s arm was still around me, holding me to him. I looked at the clock to see how much time we had until our date. It was at seven. Right now it was 3:42.

“Oh, shit. Tristan, wake up!”

He sat up slowly, “Yes”

“It’s almost four. You have to go. I have to start getting cute for our date.”

“I suppose.”

I walked him to the door and he gave a final parting kiss before stepping out my threshold.

As soon as the door was closed, I called Izzy, “Okay, I need your help getting ready. Can you come over in like an hour?”

“Sure. I’ll text you when I’m there.”

An hour later, Izzy was walking through the door. She dressed and teased my hair, applied my make-up, dressed me, and found me the perfect pair of shoes.

By this time, it was nearly seven and time for Izzy to go.

“Thanks.”

“You’re welcome,” she said as she walked out the door.

I didn’t have long to wait. About five minutes later there was a knock at the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
You guys know the drill, right? Comment, comment, comment. :]