Rose Garden

Chapter One

My life is the life that would be classified as the modern day Cinderella. Heck my name even started with a C. The reason my life is so similar to that of Cinderella’s is because my mother died when I was seven leaving my father an myself alone, So my father raises me, He re-married when I was 11, But passed away soon after leaving me with my step-mother and her two daughters. My world moves around a lot. You see my step-sisters are in an up and coming band called Gossip 411. So that’s how we arrive at our current situation, I was packing for their latest tour. They well we would be leaving for tour with the Jonas brothers in four hours, I was running around like a maniac attempting to pack all my things in time. I would have been finished before now but due to my ‘mothers’ orders of forcing me to pack all their bags. I heard the front door open and voices heard from my room.

“Charlotte, Come down here please.” I rolled my eyes at my ‘mothers’ friendly tone. I opened my door and slowly made my way down into the lounge room. The Jonas family and their bands were sitting on the couches with my ‘family’ sitting amongst them. My step-mother stood up a fake as fake smile gracing her lips as she walked up to me. “Charlotte this is Mr. Jonas, Mrs. Jonas, Kevin, Kevin’s wife Danielle, Joe, Nick, Frankie, Big Rob, Greg, John, Jack and Ryan.” She directed her hand to them as she addressed them. “Everyone this is my youngest daughter Charlotte.” She led me over to the seat next to her sitting us down.
“Now Elizabeth there has been a problem with the busses, you actually will be sharing a bus with the boys band.” Mr. Jonas addressed my ‘mother’ “But there is only enough bunks for three, So we thought we would have one of you’re girls stay with us on our bus, And we thought since Charlotte isn’t in the band, She might be able to look after Franklin for us sometimes, So she may as well stay on our bus, If that’s okay with you.” He finished, I felt my ‘mother’ tense up half way through his speech.
“That would be perfectly fine, Charlotte you don’t mind do you.” I knew what she ment, and I knew I didn’t have a choice.
“Of course not Mr. Jonas.” He smiled, I looked over to my step-sisters to see them glaring at me.
“Well, How about we load up the busses?” Mrs. Jonas suggested. I hoped up after excusing myself and running up the stairs shoving my last items into my bags, I grabbed my most valued possession’s, my passport, phone and wallet before shoving them into my bag. I gasped as I opened my door to reveal the four Jonas boys and Danielle.

“Sorry we didn’t mean to scare you.” Joe smiled softly, I looked to my shoes, Moving out of the doorway to let them enter.
“It’s fine.” I blushed picking up my first bag and setting it on the ground; Nick stood up and took my second bag of the bed and placing it next to my first.
“So, Are you looking forward to tour?” Kevin asked from the other side of the room.
“Yeah, I guess so.” I sat on the top corner of my bed.
“So, Why aren’t you in ‘the band’?” Joe asked taking a seat on my bed too.
“I can’t sing, and I’m not really into Gossip 411’s music, I mean I like it but it isn’t my type of music.” I tried to explain.
“I get it.” Frankie smiled
“Good job, I’m hard to understand sometimes.” I laughed a bit. He smiled brighter as I said this.
“Who is this?” Nick picked up the picture I had yet to put into my bag. I looked down at the quilt that was spread over my bed.
“Uhm, My parents.” I mumbled quietly. Nick made an oh shape with his lips before placing the picture back down.
“But I thought that Elizabeth was you’re mother.” Kevin mused.
“No, my actual mother died when I was seven.” I answered quietly. “Then my father re-married Elizabeth when I was nine.” I finished.
“Where is you’re father?” Danielle asked me.
“Uh, He died when I was eleven.” I replied just as quietly.
“Wow.” Nick mumbled.
“Yeah, Uh we better get going.” I picked up the picture that Nick was holding moments ago and placed it in my bag, I then picked up my first suitcase, moving to get the second only to be stopped by Kevin.

“Hey, We’ll take you’re bags, Dani can show you to the bus right Dani.” Danielle smiled grabbing my hand before leading me down the stairs.
“So, This is you’re home for the next eight months.” She smiled as we stepped up onto the bus. Mr. Jonas and Mrs. Jonas were both seated in the small booth drinking coffee.
“Hello girls.” Mrs. Jonas smiled as she noticed us entering the bus.
“Hello.” I whispered shyly.
“So.” Mr. Jonas stood up; walking over to me he wrapped his arm around my shoulders. “You’re bunk is across from Nicholas’s and below Joseph’s is that alright?” He led me to the bunk.
“Of course, I don’t mind at all.” He smiled before looking at my necklace.
“Christian?” he noted the cross that hung loosely from my neck.
“Catholic.” He smiled brighter. “I used to go to church every Sunday until the band took off.” I added, Even though it was part lie, Elizabeth had banned me from going to church once my father had died.
“Well if you ever want to go to church I would be happy to take you.” He smiled,
“Thank you Mr. Jonas.” He smiled before walking back to the main area with me. The boys had just walked in the door my suitcases in hand; I smiled in thanks as they sat down.
“Where are we playing first?” Nick asked his father; Mr. Jonas sat down again leaving me to awkwardly stand before Danielle motioned me over to sit in between Nick and her. I walked over and sat down, my hands resting in my lap.

“Uh, were driving to Atlanta then going from there.” Mr. Jonas read of his sheet, Nick nodded and jolted towards me as the bus started. He smiled apologetically at me causing a small blush to rise on my cheeks.
“So, How about we all play twenty questions, So Charlotte can get to know us and we can get to know Charlotte?” Mrs. Jonas suggested.
“Sure, Can I go first?” Joe asked, Mrs. Jonas laughed but nodded her head. He turned away from his mother and faced me. “Okay, What is you’re full name?” He asked with a smile.
“Charlotte Jane Malone.” I answered without missing a beat. He smiled even wider.
“That’s a beautiful name Charlotte.” Mrs. Jonas complemented me.
“Thank you Mrs. Jonas.” She smiled with a nod of her head.
“Well, Mine is Joseph Adam Jonas.” Joe turned to Nick “Nicholas Jerry Jonas.” He turned to Kevin “Paul Kevin Jonas the second.” Then he pointed to Frankie “Franklin Nathanial Jonas, And well I forgot Dani’s I’m sorry.” He yelled then end part.
“Wow, I can feel the love.” Danielle replied sarcastically causing all of us to laugh.
“Okay, Who’s next?” Mr. Jonas asked with a clap of his hands. Nick raised his hand up.
“Favorite sport?” He turned his head to me as he asked.
“Baseball then football.” He nodded looking impressed.
“Well ours is also baseball.” He added when the others nodded.
“Favorite team or teams?” Kevin asked looking past Danielle.
“Um, With Baseball the Yankee’s then the Dodgers. And for football the Australian team and Liverpool.” I listed off.
“Nice. Ours is also the Yankee’s and the Dodgers.” He smiled at me, causing me to smile as well.
“Nick-names?” Frankie asked from his seat across from me.
“My parent’s called me Charlie other than that not really.” He nodded.
“Well, Kevin’s is K2, Danielle’s is Dani or Mrs. K2, Joe’s is Dj Danger, Nick’s is Mr. President and Franklins is Frank the Tank or Bonus Jonas.” Mrs. Jonas smiled as Mr. Jonas walked down towards the bus driver’s area.
“Favorite Jonas Brothers song?” Danielle asked, I had only heard a few of their songs, so I knew some of them.
“Uhm, When you look me in the eyes.” I nodded me head as she smiled.
“Me to.” She laughed.
“Favorite country?” Mrs. Jonas asked.
“Australia, Have you guys ever been?” They all shook their heads ‘No’ except for Joe.
“Yeah, I went in 2009.” He beamed “To Sydney and Melbourne.” He added on the end.
“Really, I wanted to go to Melbourne.” I stated to Joe as Mr. Jonas came back into the room.
“Okay guys, How about you go into the back room and make a new video for the fans.” He suggested. The guys all nodded except for Frankie who was going to play with his webkinz. Nick smiled as me before motioning for me to follow Danielle who was walking behind Kevin into the back room. With a small blush I stood up and followed Danielle into the back room. Joe joined us a few minutes later with a video camera in his hands.

We all sat on the lounge I was next to Nick once more sitting as far out of view of the camera as I could get.
“Action.” Joe yelled when the red light came on.
“Hey everyone we are the Jonas Brothers, and we are on our tour bus going to Atlanta where we will be starting our world tour.” Kevin said with a wave.
“And we do mean world.” Joe added.
“And we are touring with gossip 411.” Nick added.
“So we have some people here.” Joe pulled Dani into a side hug. “Such as our sister in law Danielle.” He kissed her cheek causing Kevin to frown.
“And Charlotte Malone sister to the girls of gossip 411.” Nick wrapped an arm around my waist and pulled me closer to him causing me to be in view of the camera.
“Isn’t she pretty?” Joe pinched my cheek causing me to blush.
“I really don’t like being on camera” I muttered to them all. Nick let out a small chuckle causing my whole body to shake with the vibrations.
“So, We’re excited to see you guys at one of our shows that we have coming up.” Kevin smiled to the camera.
“And we have lots of Road Dogs games coming up, which we will be giving away at concert’s so, Right now we will draw out the first few winners for the very first Road Dogs game in Atlanta.” Nick smiled, Joe ran out to grab a bad filled with paper that I’m assuming held names.
“Here, We have names filling this bag.” Kevin motioned to the bag, I had only noticed Nicks arm still wrapped around my waist, But paid no mind to it.
“Dani, if you would.” Danielle reached into the bag and grabbed out a slip.
“The first winner out of two winners who will be winning two tickets each is.” Joe drum rolled.
“Allison Davidson user name Ally_Sweet2238.” Dani read of the paper, Joe turned to me.
“Would you Charlotte.” I nodded before leaning over Nick and grabbing a slip.
“The winner is Stacie Marks of Atlanta her user name is Future.Mrs.Nicholas.Jonas123.” Nick’s breath hitched as I read it of the slip, I held in a laugh I was dying to let out.
“Well it looks like Nicky is meeting his fiancé soon.” Joe laughed, causing us all to laugh.
“Any way, we will be sending you the tickets and backstage passes to the concert tomorrow, so you will get them the day after tomorrow I think.” Kevin furrowed his eyebrows.
“Yes they will be.” Nick added.
“So we’ll see you soon bye.” Joe yelled, pressing the red button of.
“Okay, Let’s upload.” Kevin jumped up; Nick removed his arm from my waist, a slight blush rising on my cheeks.
“We’re stopping to eat soon.” Mrs. Jonas popped her head in.
“Thanks mommy.” Joe kissed her cheek.

I walked to my suitcases attempting to pull them to my bunk, only being stopped by Nick coming to my rescue.
“Thanks.” I smiled as he pulled them up onto my bunk. I had expected him to leave but instead her stood next to me, Just watching me.
“Look, I’m sorry about asking about the picture earlier.” I turned to him stopping mid fold.
“It’s okay, you guys would have found out about it sooner or later.” He nodded, as I went back to folding.
“How old are you, we never got told.” He asked sitting back on his bunk.
“Seventeen, You?” He smiled.
“Nearly Nineteen.” He gave a small smirk, one that made a blush rise to my cheeks. I quietly picked out a pair of dark washed skinny jeans and a white v-neck. I turned to see Nick still watching me.
“Bathroom?” He pointed to a door, I walked up to it knocking to make sure no-one was inside I rushed in, quickly getting changed and brushing my hair. I walked out nearly getting hit in the face by Mr. Jonas as he was going to knock on the door.
“Oh my, Sorry Charlotte.” He stepped aside.
“It’s fine, Mr. Jonas, I want to thank you and you’re family for being so welcoming.” He smiled at me.
“You’re more than welcome Charlotte.” I stepped out and walked back to my bunk, Grabbing a pair of white flats I slipped them on before grabbing my phone and wallet, I walked out into the main area sitting next to Frankie.
“Hi Frankie.” He smiled at me,
“Hey.”
“Are you excited for tour?” He nodded excitedly.
“Except, I have no-one to play with now, Because Maya couldn’t come on this tour.” He frowned.
“You have me.” He smiled again, “I’ll play with you.” He smiled before giving me a side hug. Joe came rushing into the room, Laptop in his hands.

“We put the video up, and we already have heaps of comments.” He smiled.
“That happens all the time Joe.” Nick rolled his eyes while sending me a small smile causing me to blush. Joe poked his tongue out at Nick before continuing.
“NO, The comments they think Charlotte is you’re girlfriend. Look someone said. ‘Oh My Jonas. Are they going out? That is so cute! Did anyone else notice that Nick had his arm around her the WHOLE video, OH MY JONAS, What should their couple name be Chick or Narlotte?’ Another one says. ‘How dare she, She stole MY man.” Joe shrugged, “Okay, There are a few negative ones.” He smiled shyly. “But most of them say that it would be really cute.” He added before sitting next to me.
“Joseph, Stop teasing.” Mrs. Jonas scolded her son.
“Sorry mommy.” He smiled, earning a kiss on the top of his head from his mother.

“Well, Here we are.” Mr. Jonas announced as we stopped, we hoped of the bus one at a time. I was walking in between Joe and Mr. Jonas when we stopped to wait for the other bus to pull up; once it did I held back a frown as my step-sisters walked of in short mini-skirts and high heels. I noticed Elizabeth start to walk over to me.
“Paul, Joe has she behaved herself?” Mr. Jonas nodded his head.
“She is a credit to you’re family.” He beamed; Joe nodded hugging me to his side.
“Well, We should go eat.” I looked over to see my 21 and 22-year-old ‘sister’ flirting with Nick and Kevin, Danielle was fuming. I noticed a smirk on ‘mothers’ face as she walked over to the girls.
“Mr. Jonas, I would like to apologize for anything that happens tonight.” He looked confused before he followed my eyes to see his sons being flirted up by my ‘sisters’.
“I wouldn’t blame you anyway.” He smiled; Joe nodded his head in agreement before walking with me over to them.
“What do you want squirt.” Clarissa snarled, Nick looked over to me, Before Clarissa put on a fake smile, “I’ve missed you lil sis.” She hugged me, and with a final pinch to my right arm she pulled away.
“Oh, That’s heaps cute.” Joe squealed
“I know right.” Ashley fake smiled as well, Nick was still looking at me as I grabbed my throbbing right arm.
“Well, Lets go eat.” Kevin grabbed Danielle’s hand and walked with her into the restaurant.

I started to walk with the other when I felt a harsh tug on my arm. I turned to see Elizabeth standing holding my arm.
“You better be good Charlotte, These people would help you’re sisters out a lot.” I nodded my head.
“I know.” I nodded my head again, “I promise that I will behave and do anything I can to help.” She smiled and released my arm before walking back to my ‘sisters’. I kept my head down as I walked only stopping when I saw a pair of converse clad feet in front of me. I looked up to see Nick’s face.
“Hello.” I smiled, He smirked back, Before looking at my arm,
“You were walking with me one minute and the next you were gone.” I nodded, “Care to explain.”
“Uhm, Eliza uh Mom wanted to speak to me.” I let out a nervous laugh “She kinda pulled me back.” He nodded his head.
“So girlfriend.” He laughed, “Shall we.” I blushed as he smirked at my blush.
“Yeah.” I walked with him into the restaurant. I blushed some more as he held the door open for me, we saw that everyone else was already seated; I opted for the spot next to Mrs. Jonas and Greg.
“So, We watched the youtube video.” Ryan said from his seat next to Nick. He looked between Nick and myself. “Kids, They move so fast these days.” He laughed causing the table to laugh with him.
“Yeah, We even left a comment, what did it say again Garbo?” Jack asked Greg.
“It said ‘Like OH My JONAS!!! They are so together; I mean Narlotte is so on. NARLOTTE IS THE NEW NELENA AND NILEY!” He said in an imitation of a girly voice. “I do believe that’s what it said.” He smirked.
“Oh you guys are so funny.” Nick said sarcastically.
“We know.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment.