Majesty Castle

Chapter 46

Simone woke up the next morning exactly as she had fallen asleep. With her head on Brian’s shoulder, and her arm around his neck. She let out a sigh of contentment and Brian kissed her head and moved his hand from the small of her back up to her shoulder. “Sleeping beauty wakes.”

Simone lifted her head and kissed his lips. She groaned after looking around the room. “This place is a mess.”

“I’ll clean it, don’t worry about it.”

“But I made the mess, Brian.”

“That you did,” he nodded. “I like it that you’re comfortable enough now to make a mess in here. It’s our room now until we leave here, so I don’t mind sharing in the upkeep.”

Simone touched his face with her hand and smiled. “Why didn’t I ever notice how amazing you are before?”

“You have no idea how long I have been asking myself that question.”

Simone laughed and kissed his chest before sitting up on him. “You, my love are extremely arrogant, yet so very sexy.”

He flipped her over on her back and looked down deep into her eyes. “And you, my love are a damn thief!”

Simone rolled her eyes. “It was just a shirt, Brian. I put it back in your closet.”

“I’m not talking about that,” he winked and reached for her hand. He placed it on his chest over his heart. “Feel that?”

“Your heart beat? Yes, I feel it.”

“It beats only for you. You’ve stolen my heart little thief.”

Simone smiled and put her arms around his neck. “Well, there’s one thing you won’t be getting back.” Brian laughed and kissed her playfully. Simone sighed when he pulled back, but kept her arms around his neck. “So, what does my sweet Brian have planned for today?”

“I’m getting married.”

“WHAT?” She sat up ready to slap him across the face.

Brian laughed and grabbed her arm before she could swing at him. “To you silly. I got a license yesterday before I met up with my father.”

Simone was feeling a mixture of shock and excitement all at the same time. “Today? You want to marry me today?”

“I don’t want to wait another second. Zakk and Candace agreed to come along as witnesses. Besides your brother might kill me less if I married you.”

“I don’t have anything to wear.”

“Candace said you can have her wedding dress since she doesn’t have any daughters to give it to.”

“I can’t believe this,” she said putting her arms back around his neck. “I’m getting married today.”

“Believe it, because it’s happening. My biggest dream is coming true, baby.”

“Mine too,” she nodded. “I mean that, Brian. You were right. Everything I could ever want is right here in front of me. I’m so sorry I didn’t listen to you.”

Brian kissed her nose and smiled. “We’re past that now and where we need to be. Don’t give it a second thought.”

Simone touched his face softly with her hand. “Thank you for all of this.”

“You’re not upset that we’re not having a huge wedding with tons of guest and a great big party afterwards?”

“Not at all. I don’t have to put on a show in front of anyone to prove how much I love you.”

“Smart little thing, you are.”

“I guess I should go have a bath, can I go and tell Allegra first? Please Brian!”

“Yes, of course. Steer clear of Matt though. I’d like to marry you with a full set of teeth in my mouth.”

Simone laughed and jumped off the bed to put on her nightgown and robe. Brian was in total awe of her. She raced through the door and then ran back in and kissed him before running back out the door again.

She ran down the hall nearly knocking down Johnny on her way to Allegra’s room. She pounded hard on the door until her brother finally answered. “What the hell are you banging like a lunatic for?”

“Can I see your wife, please?”

Matthew shook his head and held the door open so Simone could slip past him. She walked over to Allegra’s bed and sat down on the edge.

“Well, where did you run off to yesterday?” Allegra asked.

“Lets just say I went bareback riding with Brian.”

“OH….FUCK…NO!” Both girls looked over at Matthew. He had his hands over his ears and his eyes squeezed shut and seemed to be chanting something over and over that sounding like …dead puppies dead puppies dead puppies. Allegra covered her mouth trying to hide her laughter. “I AM SO FUCKING OUT OF HERE!” Matthew took his book and went into the bathroom and shut the door. When the girls heard the bath water running they both started laughing hysterically.

“So?” Allegra said.

“Oh my, last night was all I could have ever dreamed and more.”

“That’s great.” Allegra smiled at Simone who was positively glowing.

“That isn’t why I am here though!”

“Oh?”

Simone shook her head. “We’re getting married today.”

“What?”

“I know, I couldn’t believe it myself either, but it’s true. We just can’t wait any more.”

Allegra put her hand over her own heart. “I’m so happy for you. I wish I could be there to see you. When Matthew and I leave here, we’ll have you both over for a small family gathering to celebrate.”

“Sounds good. I should go, I don’t want to keep my future husband waiting.”

“Wait!” Allegra said.

“Could you do me a favor?”

“Sure,” Simone nodded.

“In my closet over there,” Allegra pointed and Simone walked over and opened the door.

“What can I get you?”

“There’s a shawl on the hanger in the corner.”

“This one?” Simone pulled out the lace shawl and held it up for Allegra to see.

“Yes, that one. Take it with you.”

“I can’t do that. It’s too beautiful. It must have cost a fortune.”

“I want you to have it as your something borrowed.”

Simone nodded on the verge of tears. With each passing day her family was growing and she wasn’t related to any of the family members, but still she felt loved. “Thank you.”

“Have you got something old and something new?”

“Candace gave me her wedding gown so I guess that’s my something old. My something new is Brian of course.”

Allegra smiled softly. “Then all you need is something blue.”

Simone looked panicked. She didn’t have anything blue and didn’t want to jinx her own wedding.

“I know!” Allegra exclaimed. “You can pick some of the cornflowers from the garden. They are blue and would make a lovely bouquet.”

“You are truly brilliant!” Simone ran over and hugged Allegra softly so as not to cause her any pain. “I’ll fill you in on all the details when I return.”

“Ok.”

Simone left just as Matthew walked through the bathroom door in a towel. He stood there with his hands on his hips and glared at Allegra.

“What?”

He walked slowly over to her and sat down on the edge of the bed. “Have you been schooling my baby sister on sex?”

“Your baby sister is not a baby incase you haven’t noticed. She’s become quite a young woman and she’s only a year younger than I am.”

“She’ll always be my baby sister. I really don’t think you should be talking to her about sex.”

“I only told her how good it feels to be on top and suggested that she should try it because I know how much you enjoy it.”

“Damn it! Dead Puppies… Dead Puppies… Dead Puppies…” He started the chant again trying to focus on any image other than his sister straddling his best friend.

Allegra laughed and held her side with her arm. “If you react that way at the thought of your sister having sex, I can’t imagine what you are going to say when she comes home tonight and she tells you she’s a married woman.”

“What the hell did you just say?” He looked like a little boy who was just told that someone at the last piece of cake and he didn’t get any.

“Matthew, your sister is marrying Brian today and there is nothing you can do about it. She loves him.”

Matthew was hurt. “Why didn’t she tell me?”

“It’s only going to be her and Brian and their witnesses. It was a last minute thing.”

“But she had the time to come and see you to gloat about having sex, yet she couldn’t come and tell me she was getting married.”

Allegra felt bad for him now, he truly was more upset by the fact that Simone didn’t confide in him that she was getting married than he was that she was marrying Brian.

“Matthew,” Allegra laid her hand over his. “She was probably afraid you would lock her away in the highest tower. She knows you aren’t very fond of the idea that she and Brian are together to begin with.”

Matthew frowned and the expression on his face pained her. She squeezed his hand and he looked over at her and faked a smile for her benefit.

“Hey, I know a way I can cheer you up.” Her eyes darted away from his and down to the front of his towel and then back up to meet his eyes again.

Matthew’s mouth dropped. “Do I need to remind you of the condition you are in?”

“Matthew, my body may be broken, but my mouth works just fine.”

Without hesitation, Matthew stood straight up and let his towel fall to the floor.