Majesty Castle

Chapter 56

It was a half hour til midnight when Matthew would have to accept his role as King and to him there seemed to be no hope in sight of getting out of it. This also meant that there was one hour left for Rosalie to do whatever it is she had planned to do to Allegra because once midnight came, Allegra would be Queen and Rosalie would no longer have a shot at getting rid of Matthew’s wife.

With the baby coming, Zacky was in the study with his wife along with Pippa and Glenn. Johnny had asked Etta to see if she could assist with the birth and she was more than happy to help. So with Zacky, Johnny, and Glenn all in the study with Fawn, it only left Matthew and Brian to make sure nothing happened to Allegra. James had no idea that there was a plot to kill her so he was out of the question. Both Brian and Matthew knew that if anything were going to happen, it would be within the next half hour.

“Zacky please make it stop,” Fawn cried as she squeezed her husband’s hand.

“I wish I could honey, but you have to push again.”

Fawn pushed as hard as she could and tried not to scream. “It hurts,” she cried.

“Come on, honey, the pain will be worth it in the end.” Pippa dabbed a cool rag over Fawn’s head.

“One more should do it,” Etta said to Zacky.

“Fawn, I need you to push again.” He told his wife gently, but she shook her head no.

“I can’t, I’m too tired.”

“Please, for me. One last time and I promise it will be over.”

Fawn took a deep breath and pushed with all the strength she had left in her. “That’s it,” Etta said. “Keep pushing, the baby’s almost out!”

One last little push and Etta was setting the baby in a sheet that Pippa was holding. Pippa stuck her finger in the baby’s mouth to clean it out and once she was done, the sound of a baby screaming filled the room.

Fawn looked at Zacky who was a mess of happy tears. “You did good,” he told her and kissed her head.

“What is it?”

Pippa walked over to the couch and set the baby down on Fawn’s chest. “Say hello to your son.”

“It’s a boy?” Zacky cried.

“It’s a boy,” Pippa nodded. “Now what do we call the little lord?”
Zacky looked down at his son and back at his wife. “I know we agreed that you would name him if it were a boy, but there is something I want to ask of you.”

“What is it?”

“Things haven’t been so great for everyone here lately. I know that you want to call him Glenn after my father, but I kind of feel like since we were blessed enough to have a baby and Matthew and Allegra lost theirs, maybe we could call him Matthew and let them be the baby’s godparents.”

“I like that idea, we’ll call him Matthew Glenn. Do you want to hold your son?”

“Could I?” He asked breathlessly.

Fawn let Zacky lift the baby into his arms and he never looked happier. “He’s so little,” he whispered and walked over to his father so little Matthew could meet his grandfather.

“He looks just like you did when you were born,” Glenn noted just before kissing his grandson’s head.

The doctor had finally arrived and examined Fawn and the baby. Both mother and child were healthy and neither one was being left alone. Glenn carried Fawn up to her room and Pippa helped her bathe and put on a clean nightgown.

Zacky stayed in the study listening to the doctor’s basic instructions on how to care for his wife. As hard as it was for them, Allegra and Matthew came to give their best wishes to the proud new father. “He’s beautiful, Zacky.” Allegra handed the baby back to his father and it broke Zacky’s heart to see her eyes glass over.

“Thanks. We were hoping you and Matthew would baptize him for us.”

Allegra covered her mouth with her hand and nodded her response as a tear fell from her eyes. Matthew put his arm around her shoulder and pulled her close. “What’s his name?” She asked looking down at the sleeping baby.

“Oh,” Zacky shifted the baby in his arm so they could see him better. “Hey little Matty,” He said to the baby. “This is your namesake.” With that, he handed the baby to Matthew.

“What did you say?” Matthew asked a little choked up himself.

“I said that you were his namesake. His name is Matthew.” Matthew looked down at the baby who didn’t even take up the full length of his forearm. “I don’t know what to say to that.”

Zacky smiled. “Say you’ll love my kid like one of your own.”

“Without a doubt,” Matthew said and continued to look down at the baby. “I just can’t get over how small he is.”

“Honey,” Allegra said resting her hand on her husband’s arm. “Compared to you, everyone is small.” Even Zacky laughed at that comment.

“So, we heard there was a party going on in here,” Brian smiled as he walked into the room with Simone at his side. “Where’s the guest of honor?”

Matthew walked over to Brian and Simone so that they could see the baby. “Aww he’s so precious,” Simone smiled and looked at Brian who was now holding the baby.

“Jeeze Zacky, he’s the spitting image of you,” Brian said.

“Yeah, he is,” Zacky agreed. “I should take him up to his mother now, he’s probably hungry.”

Brian handed the baby over to Zacky and before he could leave Zakk and Candace came in along with Nikki to see the newest addition to the family. Little did they all know they had presented Rosalie with the perfect opportunity.

Rosalie stepped through the terrace doors to get some air only to see a woman standing out there alone. “Hello,” she said to the woman whom she did not know.

“Hi,” the woman said and kept her gaze straight ahead.

“I don’t believe we’ve met, I’m Rosalie and you are?”

“Uh, my name is Colette.”

“Sounds familiar,” Rosalie noted and took a look at the girls face. Although half of her face was covered by a masque, Rosalie was no dummy. “Well, I’ll be damned,” She said under her breath and walked back inside.

If there was ever any one thing that had not bee taken into consideration during all of the planning that Rosalie had done, it was the fact that Nicolette could be alive. Rosalie went right to the study and locked the door from the outside before returning to the ballroom.

“I saw what you did,” Peter said stepping into her view. “What are you up to now?”

“Nothing, now if you’ll excuse me while I go kill your son.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Tick Tock!