Status: School and dance is finally over! I'm so sorry that I haven't updated, but I was very busy with school and just didn't have the time to write. This story is officially active again!! :)

Things Happen

Chapter One

"Bye!" Hermione called to her parents as she wen to find her two best friends Harry and Ron. Where are the? she thought. She'd felt like she had been looking for then forever. Finally, she heard a familiar voice call her name. She turned to see Ron and Harry walking towards her.

"Hey, Hermione," they said together.

She ran up to them and gave them both hugs. She never knew exactly how much she cared about these two until what had just happened in the past month. Over the summer holidays, all of them when to find Voldemort, even after all of Hermione's pleas for them to wait and just think it over a bit. Well, Voldemort ended up finding them first. All of them just kept escaping death. In the end of everything though, Harry had killed Voldemort. Things were finally gonna be normal for the forst time in six years.

"Hey, look who it is," said Harry. Hermione looked in the direction Harry was pointing to see Draco Malfoy. Hermione expected him to look destroyed or angry but as he talked to his mother he looked...happy. And the not the happy she usually saw when he was taunting people but he looked genuinely happy.

"Surprised he even showed up," said Ron. Malfoy now noticed them looking, and as he walked towards them he attitude turned from happy to complete hatred.
"So, it's Potter, the blood traitor weasel, and the mudblood."
At the word mudblood Ron almost had a fit. Hermione tapped
him on the shoulder as if to say don't do anything rash.
"What do you want Malfoy," said Hermione.

"Oh, I just wanted to say that you'll pay for what you did to my father." said Malfoy.
"Listen, it's your fathers own stupid fault that he's in Azkaban. It was his choice to be a Death Eater. Also exactly how are you going to 'make us pay'? Voldemorts gone, all the Death Eater's are in prison and I highly doubt that your powerful enough to do any harm."
Malfoy didn't seem to know what to say. Hermione hadn't noticed but as they had been fighting they had become closer and closer to point that their foreheads were almost touching. As soon as she noticed she pulled back...well tried to. Why can't I just pull back?she thought to herself. Finally after what felt like hours she was able to pull away. Malfoy then stormed off.

"Way to go, Hermione!," said Ron, "He didn't even know what to say after that! It was bloody brilliant!" Hermione grinned sheepishly and led them to the train. They found their own cabin and put all their stuff on the luggage racks.
"Ugh, I left something outside, I'll be right back." She ran out of the train and grabbed her bag but as she walked back, she had the feeling someone was watching her. She paused and looked behind herself to see Malfoy looking straight at her. For a few seconds that seemed like forever she looked back at him but then got a grip on herself and was able to walk back onto the train. She walked into their cabin to hear Harry and Ron excitedly talking about Quidditch.

"You know," said Harry, "I think your right Hermione. For once this is gonna be a normal year. TO OUR SIXTH YEAR! LET IT BE NORMAL!!". They all laughed and talked about what they would do with their first normal year. Harry then began to talk about what he was going to do as Quidditch captain this year and Hermione drifted into her own thoughts. She didn't know why, but Hermione suddenly had the strange feeling that this year was gonna be anything but normal for her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Disclaimer: I do not own any characters or places that J.K. Rowling has written about in her books. They belong to her. I do own the plot of this story though plus the dialouge and title name. I also own the charcters Violet Morgan, James Dotry, and Lizzie Macison.