Status: School and dance is finally over! I'm so sorry that I haven't updated, but I was very busy with school and just didn't have the time to write. This story is officially active again!! :)

Things Happen

Chapter Two

Hermione eventually ended up drifting into sleep on the train. While sleeping she had a dream. Her and Malfoy were having the same fight that they had been having earlier that day but now they were some where in Hogwarts that Hermione didn't recognize. And also no one was around; no Harry, no Ron, no anybody. "...exactly how are you planning on making us 'pay for what we did to your father'? Voldemorts gone, all the Death Eaters are in prison, and I doubt your powerful enough to do any harm!" This time instead of just standing there, saying nothing, he argued back. "I can do things you don't even know about Granger," Malfoy hissed. "Oh yea? Try me." Suddenly, they were kissing. It wasn't a small, sweet kiss; it was full of passion and feeling. His arms were wrapped around her waist, hers around his neck. They were now leaning up against a wall still embracing each other. It felt...wonderful. A very small part of Hermione's mind was telling her to stop and that this was wrong; the predominately larger part though was thinking about just how awesome this was. Finally, they pulled away from each other. They just stared into each others eyes. Draco's eyes usually looked dark, cold, and sharp but now they looked warm, inviting. Draco finally spoke. "I love you Hermione Granger." Now, Hermione heard Ron calling her name. "Hermione...Hermione!" Hermione's eyes slowly opened to reality. "You've been asleep forever," said Ron, "Come on it's time to go." Hermione quickly gathered her things and walked outside with her friends. As they walked, Ron's sister, Ginny, caught up with them. "Hermione!!" she squealed. "Hey, Ginny!" said Hermione excitedly back. Ginny was Hermione's best girlfriend. She had seen her part of the summer holiday but that felt so long ago. They began to talk about what they had been up to since they had last seen each other. Soon, they were entering the Great Hall for the feast. They walked in to here everyone talking about how their summer was and people trying to catch up with each other. As they sat down, Ron seemed to have remembered something. "Oh! Hey Hermione, I almost forgot to ask. Did you have some sort of dream while you were sleeping?

"How did you know I had a dream?" asked Hermione. "Well, yo were making all these weird faces and stuff," said Harry. "Oh, it was nothing," said Hermione. "Um... are you sure..." asked Ron awkwardly. Oh, God! What did I do?! "Yea," lied Hermione. Harry and Ron looked at each other. "What?! What did I

do?!"

"Well... you kinda said something..."

Ugh! Oh my God! WHAT IF I SAID SOMETHING ABOUT MALFOY!

"What did I say?" asked Hermione as nonchalantly as possible. "Well, you said 'Draco Malfoy' and then got this almost kind of dreamy look on your face..." said Ron "Um...Well...I...you s-"

Just as Hermione was about to crash and burn Dumbledore began to speak.
Thank God! thought Hermione. After Dumbledore's speech food appeared on the tables. Thank to all the food Harry and Ron seemed to have forgotten about their question. Well at least Hermione thought they had. As soon as there was a break between course Harry spoke. "So you never finished what you were saying Hermione."

"Oh um well basically it was just the fight Draco and I were having at the train station this morning." said Hermione as confidently as possible, but she knew here voice was shaking horribly. Neither Ron nor Harry seemed to have picked up on it and went back to eating but Ginny did. She looked at Hermione quizzically but thankfully didn't say anything. The thing that was now making Hermione even more nervous was the fact that she could have sworn she had seen Malfoy smirking just as she was telling Harry and Ron about the nothing that was most definitelysomething.

.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*

"Um, Hermione can I ask you something?" asked Ginny when they were safely in their room later that night.

"Yea sure. What's up?"

"Well, what was your dream actually about?"

"What do you mean?"

"Oh come on Hermione! You were practically shaking off the bench you were so nervous! Harry and Ron may be oblivious but I'm not!"

"Ok well here goes nothing."

She told Ginny all about the dream; from the fighting, to the kiss, to the 'I love you'. She also told her about how Malfoy had been staring at here when she went out to get her bag.

"Um... wow," said Ginny, " so do you

like him?"

"Ugh! God, no! No matter what happened in that dream he's still Malfoy, and he's still an arrogant, conceited, ass," said Hermione.

"Are you sure?" asked Ginny," I mean the way you described that kiss..."

"Listen, the kiss was wonderful in my dream. I'm not going to lie. But that's why it was a dream. Nothing like that could happen in real life. Even if he tried that, I wouldn't let him do it."

"Yeah, your right," said Ginny,"It was a dream, not reality. And also he's a Slytherin. And your a Gryffindor. It wouldn't work even if you wanted it to."

"Yeah..." saud Hermione as she got into bed.

The thing was, there was a small part of Hermione that wanted it to work, that wished that her dream had been real. And that part of her...well to be honest, that part was scaring her to death.
♠ ♠ ♠
Disclaimer: I do not own any characters or places from the Harry Potter book series. They belong to J.K. Rowling. I do own the plot of this story though plus the dialouge and title name. I also own the charcters Violet Morgan, James Dotry, and Lizzie Macison.