Status: School and dance is finally over! I'm so sorry that I haven't updated, but I was very busy with school and just didn't have the time to write. This story is officially active again!! :)

Things Happen

Chapter Twelve

Once Blaise had gone off to see Slughorn, Hermione had as quickly as possible walked to breakfast, as to avoid having a conversation with Draco. When Hermione entered the Great Hall, she found Ginny and sat down.

"Where are Ron and Harry?"

"Quidditch practice," said Ginny coldly.

"I thought you made the Quidditch team?"

"Yeah, so did I. Apparently Ron convinced Harry to just keep me in as a 'sub'. He thinks it's 'to dangerous for me'. He's so overprotective."

"I'm surprised Harry just went along with it."

"Oh, well he didn't want to. You could tell. But Ron kept pestering him about it, and getting more angry that he wouldn't agree with him, so he just went along with it. Let's talk about something else, okay? Where did you go off to this morning?"

"Blaise wanted me to meet him by the lake."

"Awww, that's so cute. But you don't exactly seem happy about that."

Hermione explained to Ginny everything that had happened last night with Draco and then the events of the morning.

"Hmmm. Well, listen Hermione, not to diss your boyfriend or anything, but he wasn't always nice you know? He used to be just like any other Slytherin and honestly even though he's changed and all I wouldn't put it past him."

"Well, if that's how you feel," said Hermione getting up while there was still a full plate of food in front of her.

"You can't be mad at me. Where are you going?"

"The library."

Hermione walked up to library in deep thought. How could Ginny insult her boyfriend like that? And if she was going to insult Hermione's boyfriend then she was also insulting her. In some ways, Ginny was so much like her brother. In no time Hermione was up in the library. Hermione opened the door to see Malfoy sitting at her usual table.

"Awesome. Just awesome," Hermione said under her breath.

She tried to sneak past the table unnoticed, but she could feel Malfoy's eyes on her back the whole time. She sat down at a table and pulled out a random book. There was dead silence in the library, just the way Hermione liked it, but then she heard the door click open. She watched a girl walk in and sit down next to Malfoy. She was definitely from Slytherin, but Hermione couldn't remember her name. She tapped on Malfoy's shoulder, whispered something in his ear, and then kissed him. Hermione tried to concentrate on her book, but at this point they we're making out and Hermione couldn't help but notice. She looked up from her book, ready to tell them to get a room, but her mouth went completely dry. She didn't understand why, but to see Malfoy snogging this girl caused her so much pain. She had a boyfriend who she was perfectly happy with. Or was she? She had to get out of this library. All of this was just too much. It was making her go crazy. She quickly gathered up her things, and ran for the door. On her way out, she tripped over an old floor board though, and fell flat on her face. She had expected to hear a comment from Malfoy, but all she heard was the girl that was all over him laugh. Against her own judgment, Hermione looked back at them. The girl was practically on Malfoy's lap and had a sly smile on her lips. She looked over a Malfoy, still waiting for him to insult, but instead she saw her emotions reflected in his face. His deep grey eyes were full of pain. His usually 'I'm so powerful' expression was full of sadness. He opened his mouth like he was going to say something, but then closed it again. Hermione gathered up the things she had dropped and ran out of the room. On her way out, she heard the girl say 'stupid little mudblood', and then a small thud, as if she had fallen off of Malfoy's lap. As soon as Hermione got out the doors she tried to get to her dorm, but she knew the tears wouldn't hold in until then. She got about halfway down the corridor, and she was about to break down and cry, but the then the girl walked out with an angry expression on her face. Hermione quickly cast a spell to make her blend in with the wall, and held in her tears. The girl walked past her, thankfully not noticing her. She was about to undo the spell but them Draco walked out, and she could tell that he was trying to find her. A single tear came down her cheek. Draco passed the spot that she was standing a paused. He seemed like he was looking right at her. Hermione held her breath.

"Where the hell did she go?" Draco said to himself. As soon as he was out of sight, Hermione undid the spell. She then slid down the wall, and cried.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey everybody! I hope you liked this chapter!