Status: School and dance is finally over! I'm so sorry that I haven't updated, but I was very busy with school and just didn't have the time to write. This story is officially active again!! :)

Things Happen

Chapter Eleven

As Hermione walked away from the Gryffindor table that night after dinner she was extremely confused. Draco had apologized to her. She was going out with his best friend. And yet when Pansy hadn't said all that stuff to her back there, he did nothing to defend her. He just sat there. And why did he get so nervous when she asked about Blaise? Why wouldn't he just give her a direct answer? Hermione was so deep in thought that she had even realized that she had stopped walking and was just standing there against a wall. From what she could see everyone was already upstairs even. Hermione had been alone because Harry and Ron had gotten detention and had to leave dinner early so there had been no one there to move her. Just as Hermione was about to move to go upstairs someone walked out of the Great Hall. She was surprised to see him alone.

"Ugh. Malfoy."

"What's your problem?" he asked.

"Oh nothing," said Hermione sarcastically.

"Listen if this is about what Pansy said, it's not my fault that she's a-"

"I don't want to hear an excuse! From what I can see your stupid apology meant absolutely nothing! And if the apology wasn't enough for you to be able to defend me then maybe the fact that I'm your best friends girlfriend should have been! But I'm sorry; I forgot. You have a rep to keep up." When Hermione said the word girlfriend she saw Draco make a face a mutter something to himself, but he quickly recovered.

"Who said anything about my stupid rep?!"

"Oh, so you admit that it's stupid?"

"You know you talk about how I don't defend you. You want to hear about defending you? BLAISE WOULD BE CHEATING ON YOU IF IT WASNT FOR ME. If hadn't almost killed Blaise, he would be cheating on you!"

Hermione couldn't believe what she had just heard. From the look on Draco's face it was something that he shouldn't have said. But Draco had to be lying. Blaise would never do that to her.

"So your a liar now too? It seems more like something you would do."

"Why does everyone keep saying that?!" Draco exclaimed "I could never do that! And I'm not lying okay? He's not cheating on you anymore because I told him to break it off with his last girlfriend."

"You are such a horrible liar," said Hermione and she walked away up to her dorm leaving Draco standing there in the Great Hall alone.

.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*

When Hermione woke up the next morning, there was an owl at her window with a small note attached to it's leg. She opened the window and took the note. She grabbed one of the owl treats next to Ginny's bed, fed it to the owl, and watched it fly away. She then unfolded the note.

Hermione,
Meet me by the lake.
Love,
Blaise

Hermione held the note close to her heart and smiled, but the events of the night before came back to her. Hermione got a sick feeling deep in her stomach. She still didn't believe what Draco had said to her but....she knew Draco Malfoy. He was deceiving, menacing, mean: the list could go on forever. But he wasn't a liar. But he had to be lying. Blaise would never do that. Hermione quietly got dressed, so as not to wake Ginny, and pushed those thoughts to the back of her mind.

.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*

When Hermione got down to the lake, Blaise flashed her a brilliant smile.

"Hey there," he said, grabbing Hermione's hand and kissing her. Hermione smiled up at him.

"So what did you want?"

"Just to spend some time with my girlfriend. I'm sorry about last night.I had to write a letter to one of my friends back home."

Hermione thought back to last night and frowned.

"What's wrong?" Blaise asked.

"Well...I got in an argument last night with Malfoy and, well he said something..."

"What?" asked Blaise, looking slightly suspicious.

"Well, he said that you were going to cheat on me with some girl and that he had almost killed you for it so you didn't," said Hermione. She could feel tears coming to her eyes as she spoke.

"Ugh. I was never going to cheat on you. I had broken up with my ex-girlfriend a week before I asked you out. Draco found some letters from her that I forgot I even had and overreacted. That's all. I Promise."

A wave of relive washed over Hermione. She sighed. "Good. I never really believed him, But...."

"I know. It's okay." he said and he kissed he forehead.

"Blaise, Slughorn wants you. Something about you screwing up a potion and making his desk explode." Hermione hadn't even heard Malfoy come up behind them.

"Oh, um, oops. I knew something was off about that potion..."

Draco just stood there, looking between Blaise and Hermione.

"Weird," he said, "I remember you saying that you purposely screwed up that potion."

"I see you're telling more lies, Malfoy. Blaise told me what actually happened. He was never going to cheat on me. You just overreacted."

"Oh yeah. I'm the liar here." he said, except he wasn't looking at Hermione as he spoke. He was looking straight at Blaise.
♠ ♠ ♠
Any delays are pretty much over. I promise that I will get up chpaters more quickly.