Status: School and dance is finally over! I'm so sorry that I haven't updated, but I was very busy with school and just didn't have the time to write. This story is officially active again!! :)

Things Happen

Chapter Eighteen

Ginny's POV

Ginny had to tell Hermione what was going on. Draco really did want her. But Ginny still felt something was off. Why would Pansy, who had been in love with Draco for so long, help him to get another girl? It just didn't add up. Pansy wasn't one of the girl's who would be happy for Draco as long as he was happy. All she cared about was herself. Just as Ginny was about to turn the corner she heard a shrill laugh that could only belong to Pansy.

"She's so pathetic. She's probably still sitting there crying." That was definitely Pansy's voice.

"It's a good plan. Draco will have to fall for you now. But, well, isn't there one little problem," Ginny heard another voice say. Probably one of Pansy's friends.

"What," Pansy asked, suddenly annoyed by someone finding a flaw in her plan.

"Well, I mean, what are you going to tell Draco? You guaranteed him that this would work and him and Hermione would be together. And you can't just tell him 'Well I wanted you to myself, so I screwed you over and made it so it seemed like you didn't actually love Hermione.' Don't you think he would be a little angry if he was to find that out?"

"It's simple. I'll just tell him that I saw Hermione and that red-headed blood traitor snogging in the corridor. He'll think she doesn't want him, I'll be there to comfort him, and he'll fall in love with me."

"Hmm. I see you've thought this through a lot. It's a good plan, Pansy," Ginny heard the other girl say, seeming rather impressed, but now the voices were beginning to fade, which meant they were probably walking away.

Instead of walking to the Gryffindor tower, which is where she was originally heading, she turned around and let her feet guide her back downstairs. Draco had to know about this before anybody.

Ginny got down to the Great Hall, praying that Draco would be. She searched for a few minutes and finally saw him walking up from the dungeons with a confused look on his face, like he contemplating a big problem. Ginny took a chance while he was still alone. She ran over to him, grabbed his wrist, and pulled him behind a statue so no one would see them.

"What the hell GInny?"

"Did you just call me by my actual name? Wait. No. That's not important. You need to know something."

"What," Draco said, half curious, half annoyed.

"Pansy's trying to destroy you and Hermione."

.*.*.*.*.*.*.*

Hermione's POV

"Are you okay?"

Hermione looked up to see a tall, rather good looking boy standing in front of her. She had definitely seen him around before, but she couldn't place his name. He had messy dark brown hair and the most beautiful dark blue eyes Hermione had ever seen. He had to be at least six foot two, and was pretty well built.

Hermione snapped out of her trance to see a worried look on his face. She realized she still hadn't answered his question. She wiped some tears from her face and tried to put on a smile though she could tell it was probably more of a grimace.

"Um...it's nothing."

"It doesn't seem like nothing. Who would want to make a pretty girl like you cry?"

Hermione could feel herself blush. As he walked closer to her, Hermione examined him more. She realized he was a Slytherin. She had definitely seen him hanging around Draco and his crowd, but he was always more towards the back, and more quiet then the rest. His name was James Dotry. She remembered now. He was supposedly more kind than the other Slytherins, hence he was really only in their popular crowd because of his looks.

"It's a really long story," said Hermione pathetically.

"It's okay of you don't want to tell me," he said sitting down next to her,"But can I sit with you? Maybe some company would make you feel better," he said, putting his arm around her.

"Okay," Hermione said, a smile spreading across her face.

.*.*.*.*.*.*.*

Draco's POV

"I knew it! I knew something was wrong. Why did I trust her," said Draco

"You need to go find Hermione and tell her what's going on. I don't know what Pansy did, but it must have been bad, because apparently Hermione was crying. She definitely wasn't on her way to our common room because I was almost there. I would have seen her on my way up. My best bet would be the library. Go! Find her," said Ginny

"Okay," Draco said turning to leave," Hey Ginny?"

"Yes?"

"You're not so bad."

Ginny smiled, "Thanks, Draco. I guess your not that bad either."

Draco laughed and waved at her, going off to find Hermione.

.*.*.*.*.*.*.*

He bolted up sets of stairs and through hallways until he heard a laugh. Hermione's laugh. But that didn't make sense. Pansy had made Hermione cry. Draco turned the corner, only to see Hermione and some guy. He couldn't see the guys face, and neither of them seemed to be aware of Draco's presence. Draco coughed in an attempt to get their attention, which worked. Both of their heads turned, and Draco was shocked to see James sitting there. But his shock quickly changed to anger. Since when were they friends? But James always had been to friendly for his own good. He was a nice guy. in fact he was the only nice guy in Slytherin. He probably found Hermione crying and decided to help her.

"Draco," they both said at the same time.

But before Draco could do anything, Hermione got up a walked away.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! I'm really sorry about the more than a month wait! I'm really trying to update more often! Stuff just keeps getting in the way! Subscribe if you haven't already! What did you guys think? Comment? Thanks for reading :)