Status: School and dance is finally over! I'm so sorry that I haven't updated, but I was very busy with school and just didn't have the time to write. This story is officially active again!! :)

Things Happen

Chapter Twenty Five

Hermione was released from the Hospital Wing Saturday morning. Ginny was there, helping her gather her things before they went to the Great Hall for breakfast.

"So I'm assuming Ron won't be dining with us?"

Ginny looked at Hermione with a strange mix of amusement and pity on her face. Hermione knew she has done a bad job of keeping the little bit of desperation out of her voice. She just wanted her friend back.

"He's been sitting with Dean and Seamus for the past few days. It's just been Harry and I really. Occasionally Neville will say hello, or Luna will come and sit down with us for a bit. It's usually just the two of us though."

"Oh, just the two of you," said Hermione inquisitively, "And how has that been?"

Ginny smiled.

"Really wonderful actually. We've had some very entertaining conversations and he's listened to some of my ideas for the Quidditch team. I've almost forgot to tell: He's letting me back on!"

"That's great! Anything else you would like to share," said a smirking Hermione.

"He hasn't asked me out if that's what you're getting at," said Ginny, "But...I'm not sure though. But it's a feeling. That he will. Soon."

"That's amazing, Ginny. I'm sure he will!"

"Yes, but I'm hoping for him and Ron to make up first. I'm not entirely sure how he'd react in the first place; his best friend and his little sister dating and all. You saw how much he hated Dean while we were together and there had never been a problem between them before that. They had been pretty good friends actually. I don't even want to know how he'd react now, being as how angry he with both us. He'd probably just blow up. That would cause less annoyance though."

Hermione thought through what Ginny had said. Although Ginny had made a joke of it, Hermione could tell how badly she wanted her brother and Harry to be friends again. Ron was more angry at Hermione than anyone else, obviously, and he wouldn't be forgiving anyone else until he forgave Hermione. She was sure of that. She looked over at Ginny, who wore a slight frown upon her face as she was packing some of Hermione's books for her. Hermione would have to fix things with Ron sooner rather than later, not only for her sake, but for her two best friends.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry! I know nothing is happening right now, this chapter was kind of just a filler. I promise the next chapter will be much more interesting and a lot longer!