Status: School and dance is finally over! I'm so sorry that I haven't updated, but I was very busy with school and just didn't have the time to write. This story is officially active again!! :)

Things Happen

Chapter Three

Hermionre woke up the next morning extremly aggravated. She had just had the same dream she had on the train. She was hoping to never think of that dream ever again but apparently it was going to just force it's way into her thoughts. "Ughhh," she rolled over and groaned. "What's wrong?" asked Ginny. "I had that stupid dream again said Hermione.
"Oh, really? Don't worry. Like you said, it's just a dream."

"Yes I know, but it's extremly annoying."

"You probably only had it again baecause you were thinking about it all night. That's gonna be the last time you have it."

Let's hope," said Hermione, now rolling out of bed to get dressed. Ginny and Hermion walked down to the Great Hall together after they gor ready. As Hermione and Ginny were coming down the stairs to the Entrance Hall Hermione spotted Malfoy, walking in from the dungeons and then stopping to talk to his friends. "Well he's just everywhere now isn't he?!" said Hermione sarcastically. Ginny laughed and nudged Hermione forward so she would keep walking. Hermione directly avoided eye contact with Malfoy as she entered the Great Hall but she could swear she felt him watching her. I'm probably just being paranoid she thought to herself. Hermione and Ginny went to sit down went to sit down with Harry and Ron. "Hi, guys," said Ginny. They both grunted hello with food in their mouths. "You two can't stop eating for five seconds just to say hello?" asked Hermione. Ron looked up at her and shook his head. Hermione sighed. She had this argument with them hundreds up times. Hermione began to put food on her own plate when she saw Malfoy walk in. She stopped what she was doing and watched him walk across the Great Hall to his table. Ugh, I could never like him! Well then again, I guess he has some nice features. I mean he's really not that bad looking and oh my God what am I thinking?! I mean he's Malfoy I hate hi-
"Hermione, did you hear me?"asked Harry "Sorry, what were you saying?"

"Well, I was trying to give you your schedule. McGonagall dropped them of earlier." Hermione took her schedule from Harry and looked it over carfully. "And we still have double potiones with theSlytherines," Hermione groaned.That was one thing that never seemed to fail. "Yeah well did you expect much else?" askedRon, "At least we have Slughorn insteadofSnape now." They all finished there breakfasts and went of to their first classes. Allof Hermione's classes were going well. The extra studying she had done over the summer eally seemed to have been putting her ahead in ll of herclasses. She finally cam to her last class: Potions. "Ugh, this is gonna be horrible," complained Ron. "Weren't you the one whowas just saying this morining how mabye it wouln't be as bad this year?"
"Yea well that was before I talked to Ginny. She's already had potions today. She said Slughorn is pairing us up. Can you imagine who we could get stuck with?"

Harry, Ron, and Hermione got to Potions just as Slughorn opened the door. "Come in! Come in! Stand against the back wall please," siad Professor Slughorn. As Hermione walked in her jaw dropped. They wer still in the dungeons but yet it didn't really look like it. When Snape had been down here it had been dark and creepy; now thoughit had a certain brightness and almost looked cheerful. "Yes, yes. Well now that everyone is here I will be soring you into pairs." Slughorn began to call out names and randomly pair people together. "Ronald Weasly andddd...Draco Malfoy. Hermione let out a silent sigh of relief. Sure she felt bad for Ron but at least she wasn't paired with Malfoy. Hermione Granger and... Mr. Blaise Zambini. Hermione and Balsie sat down at the bench that Slughorn was pointing to. Hermione had never really met Blaise before. All she really knew about him was that he was one of Malfoy's closest friends and that hewas a Slytherin."Okay, now that everyone is paired up I would like youall to get to know your partners. We will start actuallywith actual potions classes at your next class so be prepared," said Slughorn happily.The room was suddenly filled with chatter. About half the class had been paired upwith people from their own house.The other half had the misfortune of being paired with someone form the other house.

"I'm Blaise," as he said this heheld out his hand.

"Oh, so you don't mind shaking hands witha mudblood?"

"Just because I'm friends with Draco dosen't mean Icompletly agree with his views."

Hermione smiled. "I'm Hermione," she said shaking his hand.

"So notalll Slytherin's are arrogant then?" said Hermione in a joking kind of way.

"Well most are.I just happen to be one of the few who's not."

"You don't seem like the Slytherin type..."

"Well, I'm pureblood though I guess that really dosen't really mean anything. And also up until about a year ago I did agree with everything Malfoy thought to be true. I guess I just really thought about it and realized how dumb it was."

"Wow. Big change on perspective." said Hermione, who was very impressed.

"Yeah, well I'm happy that it happened."

"So how did Malfoy take all of this?"

"I don't think he really cared. I'm probably one of his if not his only real friend. You know someone who actully wants to be friends not just because I'm scared of him or because he has money or whatever. And Draco didn't want to lose that."

"What does he care?"

"As hard it is to belive, Draco does have a side of him that cares."

The rest of the class went on like this. Hermione and Blaise talking about there parents and themselsves and even theirfriends. Hermione was really beginning to like Blaise and Blaise seemed to be likingher. When Sluhorn dismissed class everyonegot up withthe clatter of chairs screaching against the floor.

"Well, I'llsee you around Hermione."

"Bye, Blaise."

Hmmm, maybe Ron was right. Maybe potiones won't be that bad.
♠ ♠ ♠
Disclaimer: I do not own any characters or places from the Harry Potter book series. They belong to J.K. Rowling. I do own the plot of this story though plus the dialouge and title name. I also own the charcters Violet Morgan, James Dotry, and Lizzie Macison.