Status: Completed

I've Got All This Fame, and None of It Matters

01- Fame Vs. Infamy

Patrick stared intently at the lake, he always loved visiting Lake County. It was far enough away to escape the media, and the people here didn't bother him for autographs all the time. It was a little slice of heaven for him, and the place where he had found the love of his life.

Lexi Davis was a girl that had caught his eye since he first met her back in Chicago. She was a small girl, but very curvacious. Her voluptuous body always got her attention from men, no matter where they were. But she had a mouth on her too, and that's what Patrick loved about her.

Lexi had the scene look to her, but she often like to dress up for simple occasions. Her blonde hair always layed smoothly against her back. Her eyes were a bright electric blue, when paired with her velvety snow white skin made her look like an angel.

Patrick sighed to himself and walked back to his car. He opened the door and sat in the driver's seat. He didn't turn on the motor though. He just sat there in the comfortable silence. Should I really go and see her? What if she doesn't want anything to do with me?

Patrick shook his head for his foolish thoughts and finally put the keys into the ignition. He turned it and the car started abruptly and purred with pride. Patrick turned around before throwing it in reverse, he was now on his way to go see Lexi.

Lexi was in her house standing in front of the sliding glass door in nothing more than a white band tee, and her underwear. It was almost ten at night, and she still couldn't go to sleep. So she had turned on her Cd player, and the sound of The Morning Of's "The World As We Know It" filled the room. She walked to her bedroom and shivered when the wind blew into the room from her open window.

"Rogie, why'd you leave the window open?" she said in a baby voice as she picked up her fat orange tom cat.

He simply purred as he rubbed against her face. Lexi laughed as she set him down on the bed and closed her window. She rubbed her arms to try and relax the goosebumps that were rising now. Lexi sighed as she opened her drawer and pulled out a fresh pair of pj Mario Bros. pants.

She slipped them on and threw her hair up into a ponytail. She turned when she thought that the door bell rang. Lexi frowned and walked back out to the living room. She turned down her Cd player which was now playing "Bulletproof" by Kerli.

Lexi opened the door and jumped, "What are you doing here?"

Patrick shrugged, "I was in the neighborhood, and just thought that I'd stop by for a visit."

Lexi smiled, "Well come on inside. I haven't seen you in forever it seems." Lexi closed the door behind Patrick as he walked inside of her house.

Patrick beamed, "And I thought that you wouldn't want to see me ever again. I was a jerk, and I really want to apologize." Patrick said as he held onto her hand.

Lexi smiled widely back at him, "But you were right about my drinking. If you didn't say anything, then I don't think that I would be here right now."

Patrick put his hands on her shoulders, "Well I'm glad that you got help.

Lexi grinned, "It was hard, but I couldn't do it without knowing that you'd always be there for me." She said as she gave him a hug.

Patrick embraced her, "When you told me that you were out and that you were back in Lake county, I just had to come out and visit."

Lexi pulled back and looked at him, "That reminds me, what is up with your signature?"

Patrick shrugged, "I don't know. Low self-esteem?" Patrick then walked to her Cd player as it began playing, "Dance, Magic Dance," by David Bowie. "You seriously have this song?" Patrick asked as he turned the volume up.

Lexi walked towards Patrick and turned the volume back down, "I'm serious. What's up with the signature?"

Patrick looked at her, "Well it's nothing. I get more compliments on my writing and stuff. No one says anything nice about me though. My ex's always try to make me the bad guy, and always say that they never got their's, and all I cared about was about getting mine. Hence, "I'm alright in bed, but I'm better with a pen."

Lexi rolled her eyes, "Whatever. You're relationships didn't pan out over years either. They were all too new to even feel bad about them when they were over."

Patrick looked at Lexi and shook his head, "And here's what I'm talking about. See at least in my writing, I can be someone. I could save the world, defeat my demons, and here in the real world I'm just an average joe."

Lexi sighed, "It's not eve like that. That's how you paint the world, but to someone out there you're everything. What about your fans?"

"What fans? We barely sell a thousand tickets at each show in our last tour." Patrick spat furiously. He turned and put a hand on his forehead while breathing in deeply. "I didn't mean to yell at you Lexi. I'm sorry," he said softly as he turned around to face her.

Lexi shook her head, "You're not the same man I met. You think that you're so good at writing, that it's the only thing that people notice about you. Well, it's not and you're going to have to face that. I'm tired so you should leave." Lexi said as she walked to the front door and opened it.

Patrick walked slowly out of the house, but turned around to look at Lexi once more. The sight of her intoxicated him and made him want to take everything back just so he could see her smile once again. "I'm sorry, I knew I shouldn't have come in the first place."

Lexi shrugged, "I'm glad that you did. You were alright back in the day, but now I think that your fame is getting to your head."

Patrick nodded, "You're probably right. Good night." He added as he walked out of her house.

Lexi sighed as she closed the door. She hated being in love with him. Especially since he didn't think too highly of himself. That alone was tiring because she had to hold him up, and herself at the same time. She stood there until she heard him start up his car and take off.

Lexi then shut off the lights and stumbled her way to her room. There she dove under the covers of her bed and fell into an uneasy sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Like it? Comments? Thanks for reading.