Status: Complete. Check out the sequel!!

The Summer Scene

This Is The End

I was in the kitchen helping Mrs. O put the grocery’s that Papa Ohhh just brought home. I heard a car pull up and doors of the vehicle constantly open and close. My heart fluttered as I dropped the apples I was holding into the fruit bowl in front of me, and ran towards the front door, throwing it wide open. I stood in the doorway for a moment, surveying the scene.

His back was to me, bent over to pull his backpack out from under the seat it was stuck below. My feet started to move from under me.

“John!” I yelled, causing him to turn around, leaving his bag where it was. He looked at me with a plain face from wondering who was calling his name, and then a smile grew across his composure as he noticed it was me waiting at home for him. He opened his arms as I ran straight into them, colliding with his chest.

“I could get used to this.” He chuckled, wrapping his arms around me.

“Not me.” I said into his chest. “I missed you too much.” I squeezed him tighter.

“How long have you been here?” he asked, stroking my hair that lay across my back.

“Couple of hours.” I replied, and then added, “I helped your mom clean the house from lack of things to do to help the time move faster.”

He laughed, “You’re crazy.”

I pulled away from him just enough to look up at his face. “We’ll you made me wait eight days!”

He leaned his forehead against mine. “I’m sorry.” He said sincerely, his green irises telling all; the longing, and guilt he felt towards leaving me here.

“Shut up and kiss me already.”

“My pleasure.” He agreed, bringing his lips gently down to mine. I rose up onto my tiptoes and wrapped my arms around his neck to intensify the kiss; as I did this, I felt him smile against my lips. I missed this.

“What time do I have to bring you to the airport?” he asked once we broke apart.

“Garrett and Rach are picking us up.” I told him matter-of-factly.

He pouted, his big green eyes staring into mine, “That means I have to share you.”

I patted his shoulder, “We still have all night.”

“Mmm…” he smirked and raised his eyebrows up and down.

“Down boy.” That caused the rest of the guys who were finishing up unpacking their things from the confines of the van to laugh. John glared at them over my shoulder. “They’re just jealous.” I concluded, pecking his lips again.

“Whatever you say, Nattie.” I could tell Jared was rolling his eyes from behind me.

“John, just don’t knock her up tonight.” Tim said, causing John to unwrap his arms from around me and turn around to give him the death glare.

“Yeah you have the rest of your lives to do that.” Kennedy added.

Pat was the next to speak, “How many kids do you think they’re gonna have?”

“Screw that, when do you think they’ll get married?” Jared asked.

Garrett ended the rhetoric questions by belting out, “Let them have their first fuck before we get to the long term plans!”

John had enough of his friend’s jokes on our relationship and told them, “Get your shit out of the van and get the fuck outta here.”

“So, we’ll see you tomorrow then.” Pat said as he got into the passenger side of Tim’s car.

“Nah, they’ll be too tired to move.” Kennedy waved his hand, winking over at us because it was just so easy to make these dirty jokes, especially about the two of us, being a new, cute couple and all.

“Nattie and Rach leave tomorrow morning.” Garrett’s arms were folded over his chest now, and he was looking down at his feet, which were kicking small particles of dust and pebbles around. His voice was low and not full of life like it usually was, we could all tell that his was upset and going to a little lost without Rach always around to keep him in line; they’ve been together for five years, you know.

“Natalie, no! Don’t go!” Pat screamed out of the open car window.

“Sorry, Patty, I have to.” I left John’s side for the first time, walking over to Pat in his seat. “I want to graduate high school.”

“But that means I won’t see you until forever.” He whined, giving me his little baby pout.

“More like October.” I corrected him.

He threw his arms up in the air, “That’s months away.”

“Two months.” I corrected him again with a smile on my face at how much he was over reacting. “You could always text me, and we can video chat.” I suggested.

“That’ll have to do.” He opened his arms out to me, signaling me to come in for a hug. Hugs over truck doorways are awkward.

“Alright Pat, let’s go before John explodes from sexual frustration.” Jared chuckled, getting into the back of the truck behind Kenny and Garrett, Tim already putting the key in the ignition.
__________________________________________________________________________

We trailed up into John’s room; once inside, he closed the door behind us and took me in his arms, leaning down to kiss me.

“Go take a shower you smell funny.” I ordered him once we pulled apart.

“It’s called man.” He defended, deepening his voice on the last word, and took his arms from around me to flex his muscles in his arms.

“Yeah, sure.” I rolled my eyes, as he turned around, facing his bathroom. “Hit the showers.” I smacked his ass to tell him to hurry up.

He turned his head over his left shoulder and slyly smiled at me, “I want to hit something alright.”

“Stop talking with your dick and start using your intelligent head.” I shook my head, but couldn’t keep the smirk off of my face.

He closed the distance between us in three long strides, placing his hands on my waist. “So I’m intelligent?” he asked.

I placed my hands unthinkingly on his biceps. “Well you sure know how to make me go crazy.”

He leaned in closer to me, and I rose up at little to meet him. “Good.” He ended up placing a chaste kiss on my forehead, and then turning his back on me to do what I previously ordered.

“Tease.”

“Whoever smelt it dealt it.” He said as he entered his bathroom.

“That makes no sense. Who’s talking about cutting cheese?” I called behind him, stifling a laugh.

-xxx-

My bag was already in his room, I placed it in the corner when I arrived this morning. While he was in the shower I thought it would be best to change into my white tank and blue striped flannel pajama shorts.

As I unzipped my suitcase to place my clothing inside once I finished changing, I felt a presence hovering over me. I stood up straight, and his lips made their way to my neck. I leaned into his chest, letting him support most of my weight. “John.” I moaned when he started to suck on the crook of my neck.

He detached his lips from my skin, and let his hands wander as I turned myself around to face him. He wasted no time crashing our lips together once again. In turn my hands flew up to his neck, fisting my fingers through his beautiful, long, shaggy hair, bringing him as close to me as I could get him. His hands were wandering my body; up and down my sides, around my back, under the hem of my tank.

We heard someone clear there throat, causing us to freeze in place at the thought of one of John’s family members catching us like this. Our lips parted and I released his hair from the firm grip of my hands. We both looked to see who the interrupter was. It was Ross. I quietly sighed into John’s chest, thanking that it wasn’t one of his parents, or Shane; then I wrapped my arms around his waist, my face still looking at Ross.

“Mom told me to come and ask what time Natalie’s leaving in the morning, and, and I quote, ‘no hanky-panky.’” He told us, feeling awkward standing there after what he just witnessed. John and I never got that intimate, especially not in front of people.

“Garrett and Rach are picking us up at eight.” I answered his question with a smile, thankful that it wasn’t the other three O’Callaghan’s, still holding John in my arms, and I in his.
Ross nodded his head once before leaving and shutting the door behind him. John walked out of my hold to go and lock the door to make sure no one else interrupts our only time alone together before I have to leave.

“And where were we?” he came back over to where I was left standing, pressing his forehead to mine.

I smiled, as he gently pressed his lips to mine. My hands took the long path back up to his hair, trailing up his arms, and around his neck before finding their place among his beautiful locks. His hands were at my hips, pulling me closer to him. Once there was no ounce of space between us, we were back to where we were before Ross walked in.

His hands were just under my tank, caressing the skin there with his thumbs. His warm touch sent electricity throughout my body; it was such a great feeling. Soon his hands were traveling up further taking my shirt with them. My top was now over my head and on the floor, leaving me in my bra and flannel shorts. Being that it wasn’t fair how I was almost fully exposed, I unfastened my fingers from John’s locks, trailing them down to the bottom of his white tee shirt to pull it up, off, and over his head. My hands were now the ones to roam over his toned chest; I trailed my fingers up over his abs, then back up around his neck. All the while his hands were roaming and caressing over my back. We broke for air, ironically when John’s fingers were on my tattoo.

“I love this.” He breathed, tracing the ink lightly with the tips of his fingers.

“This is a dream.” I whispered, out of breath also. “This really can’t be happening.” I shook my head, doubting that all the happiness in which he brought into my life was real.

His lips found mine once more. I proceeded to pull him so much closer to me. I need him. With one pull of a string, he made my shorts drop to the ground. Now both John and I were in nothing but our undergarments. He turned us around, leading me backwards to the bed. I was the first to hit the mattress, John following on top of me. He went straight for my neck, causing me to moan out in pleasure like before. His hands were now moving towards the clasp of my bra.

“John,” I shakily breathed out.

“Hmm…?” he responded as he continued with what he was doing.

“John, stop.” I pushed him off of me a little bit, just enough for him to stop his torture antics.

He met my eyes with his concerned orbs, “What’s wrong?” he was confused as to why I stopped this and also greatly concerned. I loved how his eyes were like the window to his soul.

I told him, “I’m not ready.”

He looked at me for a moment. “Fuck.” He rested his forehead to mine. “I’m sorry, baby. I was getting caught up in the moment.” He apologized, breathing out almost heavily. I could tell he was angry with himself.

“I was too, sweetheart,” I brushed the hair that fell in front of his eyes away. “You weren’t alone.”

He rolled off of me, and laid down on my left. I could tell he was really beating himself up over his actions without consulting me; we’ve never even talked about having sex before. His eyes were closed tight and he was trying to regulate his breathing.

I moved in closer to him, my face hovering above his, along with my right arm lying on his chest gently. “I want to.” I told him in complete honesty. “But in time.” His eyes slowly opened. “It’s too soon for me.”

We looked at each other for a few seconds before John finally responded to me, “I know.” He then craned his neck to peck my lips. “I love you.” Once those three words, eight letters rolled off of his tongue, I brought my lips back to his to kiss him passionately.

After a while I pulled back, lying down and cuddling into his side, his arm wrapped firmly around me. I was tracing the words on his chest as he started to fall asleep; no doubt he was exhausted from the ride home.

I stopped my meaningless tracing when I was sure he was asleep. “John,” I whispered softly to make sure that he was fast asleep. When he didn’t respond, I continued, “I love you.”

I closed my eyes and tried to fall asleep. I felt John turn towards me, to wrap both his arms around my body.
__________________________________________________________________________

“Thanks for letting me stay over.” I thanked as I hugged John’s parents goodbye.

“Oh, Natalie, sweetheart, you’re always welcome to stay over whenever you need too.” Mrs. O replied.

“Thanks.” I smiled sincerely. A horn honked outside. “Oh, they’re here.” I verbally announced Garrett and Rachael’s arrival. “Come on, let’s go.” I pulled on John’s free hand, while the other one was holding my suitcase.

“Do you really have to leave?” John whined, making no attempt as moving even with my constant nudging.

“Yes. I have school.” I continued to tug on his arm.

“Transfer.”

“No.” I told him sternly. “Since you’re not moving, I’m leaving without you.” I let go of his hand and stomped towards the front door.

John grabbed my arm before I could get too far. “Oh, no you’re not.”

I turned towards him, giving him the force of my big brown eyes. “Then come on.” I said to him obviously, yet sweetly and not demanding. If he wants to be a pain in the ass he can stay here, but I’m not missing our flight.

“Bye, sweetheart, good luck this year. See you next summer!” Mrs. O called behind me once John finally decided that I was right.

As I went to open the door I heard Ross ask, “What, no goodbye?” he was standing there at the bottom of the staircase, waiting.

I didn’t think, I ran right into his arms, throwing my own around his neck. “Bye, Ross.” I whispered into his ear.

“See ya, Natalie.” He squeezed his arms around my waist tighter. “Keep in touch.”

I whispered back, “Always.”

“Just because you’re dating my brother doesn’t mean you can forget about me.” he lightly chuckled.

“Never.” I shook my head. “You’re my best friend, Ross.” I told him into his ear once again. I was the one to pull away a little bit, just enough to see his face full on, “I love you.”

“I love you too.”

I forced a smile to appear on my lips, this exchange between us seemed depressing, like what we had since the beginning was now crumbling apart, “Bye, Ro.”

“See ya soon, Nat.” he let me walk out of his hold and to the door.

Once outside, I let out a heavy sigh. Why did that goodbye just take a huge toll to my emotional heart?

“Will you hurry up! We’re going to miss our flight!” Rach yelled once she saw us out of the doorway.

“Rach, calm down!” I yelled back, “We have four hours!”

“I know.” She said as I was opening the backseat door and John was putting my suitcase in the trunk of Garrett’s banana yellow car. “I don’t want to run into traffic.” She used as an excuse, though we all knew that there was no way we were going to be stuck in that long of a traffic block. “Gahh I’m so excited!” She squealed.

“At least one of us is.” I heard Garrett mumble.

“Oh, babe, I’ll be back and you’re coming to visit.” She reassured him with a pat on the shoulder.

“Whatever.” Garrett said defeated that she wasn’t giving in to his whines and complains.
_________________________________________________________________________

“Do you really have to go?” Both John and Garrett whined as the four of us were standing in front of Rach and I’s terminal.

“Yes. We have school.” The two of us rational thinkers replied simultaneously for the umpteenth time.

Garrett tried, “You both could transfer.” It didn’t work the first seven times they asked, I don’t know why now would be any different.

“No,” Rach shook her head, closing the distance between the two of them and resting her right hand lovingly on his cheek. “Sorry cutie, I’ve wanted to go to NYU forever.” She told him. “And anyways, you wouldn’t be home much, Mr. Rock Star.”

John looked at me with sad, pleading eyes. He was still holding onto some hope that I’d stay here for my senior year. “You’ll see me in October.” I told him, closing the distance like Rach did with Gar, his hands instantly went for my waist. “I’ll be at your show.” I looked up into his sad eyes. “And then you better come up for prom.” I said with an attitude, smacking his chest playfully. “If you don’t, then we’re over.” I said seriously, and his eyes grew wide at my mention of terminating something that we’ve both longed for through the past months and years. “I need to show you off.” I smirked, causing the corners of his lips to pull up also.

“Promise you won’t find some other piece of shit like your last guy.” Though it sounded like a question, he was telling me to stay away from all Nathan-like guys. If it wasn’t for Nathan’s help, I might have been held back.

“I have you, you’re all I need,” I poured my heart out. “Promise me something.” I looked down at my feet, embarrassed to even be asking him to do this for me. He raised his eyebrows motioning me to explain. “Don’t touch or go for any other girls that throw themselves at you.” There, I said it. I’m just that insecure. “I can’t lose you.” I told him, bringing my eyes back up to meet his, “You mean too much to me.”

He removed one of his hands from my waist, bringing it up to my cheek to caress it with his thumb in order to make me feel better, “You have me forever, Natalie.” I couldn’t look at his eyes anymore; if I did I would give in and stay. I couldn’t stand the thought of this year without him now that he’s mine, looking back on how all the summer’s turned out before. Nothing is set in stone.

“Plane 146 to JFK is boarding now.” The female voice came on over the intercom.

“That’s my flight.” I said, glancing up at him.

He brought his hand back to my waist. “I’m going to miss you.” he confessed, though I already knew that all too well.

“Me too.” I agreed, putting my hands on his shoulders. “It feels like forever away.”

“Okay, we got to go.” Rach grabbed my upper arm from behind me. “John, you’ll see her in October.” She told my boyfriend as she pried me away from him. “Gar I’ll talk to you when we land.” She called over her shoulder to her man who stood there a little fuller of life than my John.

Garrett called to her, “Bye, love you!”

“Love you too.” She replied, still pulling me backwards behind her.

John didn’t say any last words as he saw us walking away. He stood there with his hands now shoved deeply in his pockets, something he does when he’s nervous or uncomfortable, and looking down at his feet. He was depressed, and I was too. I couldn’t look at our lost boys anymore, giving into Rachael’s pulls, I turned around walking forwards.

-xxx-

“What’s up with you?” Rach asked me from her aisle seat on my left, I was at the window seat, looking out aimlessly as the small cars rode around getting ready for takeoff.

I told her truthfully, one thing that was eating away at me, “I didn’t get to tell John I love him.” I looked over at her, who was looking at me like I was nuts.

“He already knows that.” She said.

“I guess,” I shrugged with a sigh, “but he’s always telling me that he loves me and I never say it back.” I told her, though she already knew that John would confess his love for me at every chance he got. “And last night before we went to bed I whispered it to him, but I doubt he heard me.” I concluded.

“Then call him and tell him,” she suggested. “We aren’t departing for a few more minutes.”

I shook my head. “It doesn’t seem right over the phone.” This is the first time he’s hear me say those three words to his face and truly mean it, I couldn’t do it like that, especially since I’m already leaving.

“You’re such a hopeless romantic, Natalie.” She shook her head with a smirk.

“No, I’m in love.” I stated, looking out the window, smiling to myself as I remembered when John told me that many days ago.

I love him. I love him with all my heart. Without him, Arizona and my life are just figures standing there in place, going about their initial being; he brings life to them. I need him.

This year is going to fucking suck.
♠ ♠ ♠
Don't say you love me. Don't even. Don't say you love me. You're leaving.

^ This is relevant.

Rach
Gabi

I can't believe it's over, oh my god. You guys were amazing, I LOVE YOU ALL!! Thank you for making me keep up with the story, if it wasn't for you're comments then this probably would have just died at some point.

Next is here Growing Up Might Bring Us Down

more comments here = faster the sequel comes out

Also check out my other stories:
Baby Green Eyes (John O'Callaghan)
Darling Be Human (Alex Gaskarth, John O'Callaghan) One-Shot
Livin' Off The Party Scene (Justin Godsey, John O'Callaghan, TSP, MGF, TSS, The Maine, ARTTM, This Century, etc.)

Thank you, xoxo,
Dominique