Sequel: Four Years
Status: Completed. Read the sequel "Four Years" :)

My Saving Grace

Your Way With Words Is Through Silence

I sighed as Jack kissed the side of my head, cuddling into me. He buried his face in the crook of my neck, kissing up my collar bone.

“Jack?”

“What?” He asked, glancing up at me.

“I – I…nevermind,” I sighed. I needed to tell him I loved him, but I knew he wouldn’t feel the same way about me.

“Okay…” He put his head back down on my shoulder. He kissed it gently before falling asleep.

A tear fell down my cheek and I quickly wiped it away. I was so tired of being used like a cheap, worthless toy. I wanted to feel loved for more than just one night. I wanted to be able to say that Jack Barakat was my boyfriend. I wanted so much. But none of that was going to happen.

I slowly tried to get up. Jack had placed his arm over my waist so I wouldn’t leave. He didn’t like me leaving in the middle of the night. He always complained that he felt used.

Huh.

I reached over the side of the bed, grabbing my purse. I quickly dug through it, trying to find something to write with.

Lipstick. Perfect.

I took the top off and scribbled an ‘I love you’ in big, red letters on his arm. He gently removed his arm, shifting to his side.

I laughed lightly as a snore escaped his lips. He was so cute when he slept.

I gathered my clothes quickly and quietly, constantly making sure he wouldn’t wake up.

After sliding my right shoe on, I silently walked over to his window. I carefully unlocked it and slid it up. Fuck, since when did he have a screen there?

I cursed under my breath and removed the screen. I set it on the floor trying not to make any noise.

I grabbed my purse and threw it out the window. Nothing valuable was in there. At least, I hope nothing valuable was in there.

I stuck one leg out the window and then the other. I made sure my feet were firmly planted on the roof before letting go of the ledge.

I carefully slid the window back down, shutting it tightly.

Walking over to the edge, I found a patio chair that was usually there. I leaned down and placed my left foot on it first, then my right.

I jumped off the chair and ran towards home.

My Dad was going to kill me.

***

Dragging myself through the hall, I noticed people staring at me. I ignored them and went straight to my locker.

I opened it and grabbed the books I would need for the first half of the day.

Someone walked up from behind and shut my locker. I groaned and turned around, ready to bite their head off.

“Why do you always leave me in the middle of the night?” Jack asked, looking hurt.

“Jack, look, my Dad would kill me if I stayed over your place every night. I mean, it’s bad enough I keep getting home at midnight. He almost beats the shit out of me,” I sighed, running my hand through my hair. “Sorry I care for my safety.”

“Rae, do you really love me?” He moved closer to me. Our faces were inches apart.

My heartbeat quickened and my breathing got heavier. I hated how he had this effect on me. I wish I had the same effect on him.

I fumbled over my words, trying to make sense of them, “I – um – ye – I – I gotta go.”

I quickly pushed pass him and ran down the hall to my first period – AP US History.

“Rae! Rachel!” I ignored whoever was calling my name and just kept walking.

Someone grabbed my arm and yanked me over to the side, “Rachel Marie Woods, why were you ignoring me?”

I sighed, “Sorry Alex, I’m just not in the mood…”

“What did he do this time?” Alex asked, already knowing why I was in such a bad mood.

“He’s mad at me for leaving. Again.”

“Meh. I’m sorry, boo,” He smiled sympathetically, giving me the biggest and best hug ever.

I smiled and hugged back, “Your hugs are the greatest.”

“Of course they are. They’re from me,” He smirked.

I laughed and rolled my eyes, hitting him lightly in the arm.

Alex started staring down the hall, thus causing me to stare. I saw Jack talking with some girl. Really? Really? I wanted to hate him so bad. But I just couldn’t bring myself to.

The only thing I could hate was myself. I hated the way I beat myself up over him. I hated how I always told myself that one of these days, maybe, just maybe, he would magically fall in love with me. I hated how every time he talked to me, I couldn’t help but to fall deeper in love with him.

“Rae, give it up. Jack’s a douche for not seeing that you truly love him,” Alex sighed.

“Funny thing is, I wrote ‘I love you’ on his arm in lipstick before I left while he was sleeping and earlier he came up to me and was like, ‘Do you really love me?’” I spoke softly.

Alex noticed my discomfort and quickly changed the subject, “Wanna skip and go to the mall? I know a new pair of shoes can cheer you up!”

I smiled and laughed. He always knew how to put me into a better mood. That was why he was my best friend.

I nodded my head and he grabbed my arm, leading me through the halls towards the exit.

We walked passed Jack and theslut girl he was talking to. I glanced back at him just to see if he watched as we left.

He was watching.
♠ ♠ ♠
title credit:// your way with words is through silence - a day to remember. <3

i like this. :D

Rae

this idea has been floating in my head for a while. so i finally decided to write it down.

so, i would like thoughts on this. :]

x.