Sequel: Four Years
Status: Completed. Read the sequel "Four Years" :)

My Saving Grace

Let It Enfold You

A new pair of shoes did not cheer me up, but Alex was trying his best to make me happy.

“Rae, please smile,” Alex pleaded as we walked through the mall.

I sighed and flashed the biggest, most convincing smile I could. It didn’t work.

Alex sighed, knowing how fake the smile was. He always knew how fake I was after seeing Jack with another girl. I always plastered on a big grin and dealt with the heartache.

“Rae, I need to tell you something…” Alex spoke softly, his voice a little shaky.

“What is it, babe?” I asked, turning to look at him.

A shirt in the Hot Topic window caught my eye.

“Well, I – ”

I grabbed his arm and yanked him towards the store. I had no interest in what he was gonna say. All I wanted was that shirt.

We were greeted by a heavily pierced/tattooed dude. I smiled politely and walked over to the window with the shirt.

Fall Out Boy.

Alex laughed lightly, noticing how genuine and real my smile was, “The only thing in this world that can make you happy…”

“Plus you and Jack,” I said, not even looking at him. I sifted through the pile of shirts, trying to find a small.

“So, how are they?”

“Well, I talked to Trick last night. He said they're all fine. They’re working on their next CD.”

“Awesome,” He smiled.

I pulled a small out of the pile and walked over to the CD’s. Whenever I came here I made sure to check that they had at least one FOB CD.

“Christ, you’re so lucky that Patrick is your cousin.”

I laughed and nodded my head, “Yeah…”

I dug through the CD display. Aha, Take This To Your Grave. The best CD ever made, if you ask me.

The person who greeted us earlier, came and stood behind me, “Ahh, great band.”

I smiled, “They really are. Great guys, too.”

“Oh, you know them? That’s fuckin’ sweet!” The guy smiled.

“Yeah, the singer is my cousin,” I smiled proudly. I loved telling people that I was related to Patrick Stump. It was so much fun.

“So cool.”

I turned to look for Alex. I wanted to leave and get back to school before lunch.I wanted to see Jack again.

I spotted Alex looking through a pile of shirts. I walked over to him and noticed that the shirts he was looking at were Blink-182 shirts.

His obsession with Blink was adorable.

He victoriously pulled out a large shirt and handed it to me as I started to make my way to the counter.

I set the shirts down and started to take my wallet out. Alex stopped me and handed the guy thirty dollars.

“Thanks, Alex,” I smiled, giving him a small kiss on the cheek. His faced turned a bright shade of pink. I couldn’t help but to giggle, “You are so damn cute.”

He mumbled something inaudible and grabbed the bag.

We walked out of the store quietly, our arms linked together.

***

We got back to school just in time for lunch. Perfect.

Alex and I strolled into the large building, heading straight for the cafeteria.

I spotted Jack with an unfamiliar girl at the table we usually sat at. The rest of our group had their backs turned to him.

They all knew how head over heels in love with Jack I was. They always pushed him away when he had a new girl. They made me feel loved.

Alex and I walked over to the table and sat down. I sat next to Rian, who had saved a seat for me at the end. The farthest point away from Jack and his “new friend”.

Alex took the seat across from me, glaring down the table at Jack.

“Alex, stop,” I whispered softly.

“But, Rae…”

“No, Alex. Let him be. He deserves to be happy,” I sighed, taking out my lunch from my bag.

“Rae, you are the one who deserves to be happy. Not him,” Rian spoke quietly, placing his arm around my shoulder protectively.

“Ri, if he’s happy, then I’m happy. End of discussion.”

Rian opened his mouth to say something, but quickly shut it when Kara shook her head.

“So, sweetie, where were you during second?” Kara asked, changing the subject. “I missed my Physics buddy!”

I laughed, “Alex took me shopping.”

A small smile grew on Alex’s face as soon as his name left my lips, “Yup. I knew shopping would cheer her up. It always does.”

Kara gasped, “You went shopping without me!?”

“I’m sorry, babe! Alex just dragged me away!”

“Not true! You nodded, which meant you did want to go!” Alex said, defending himself.

“Okay, okay, fine. I agreed to the shopping. But, Kara, if I knew where you were in the mornings, I would’ve totally asked you.”

“You could’ve called…” She mumbled, taking a bite out of her sandwich.

“Stop making me feel bad,” I laughed, throwing a chip at her.

“No. You deserve to feel bad. You went shopping without me!

I threw another chip at her, “Shush.”

Rian laughed, “You two, stop. I don’t get what’s so great about shopping, anyways.”

“That’s because boys don’t have cute clothes to look forward to getting when they go,” Kara laughed.

I nodded my head, agreeing with her. I glanced down at the other end of the table.

Jack had been totally ignoring the girl. He stared at me, while the girl rambled on and on, probably about some stupid topic.

Her chattering slowed and followed his sight line to me. She stood up and shouted something, slapping him across the face in the process.

Wow, harsh much?

The whole cafeteria got silent. No one ever hit Jack. No one.

Jack stood and left quickly. It’s like he couldn’t have gotten out of there quicker.

I stood up, ready to run after him. Rian yanked me back down.

“Rian, let go!” I yelled, freeing myself of his grip. I picked up my bag and slung it over my shoulder. I quickly ran out of the cafeteria.

I ran out into the hallway and scanned it for any sign of Jack.

Nothing.

Suddenly, I heard a loud bang come from around the corner.

I slowly walked towards the mysterious noise. I peeked around the corner and saw Jack sitting against the lockers with his head in his hands.

I walked over to him and slid down next to him, “Hi, Jack.”

He picked his head up out of his hands and looked at me, “Leave me the fuck alone.”

He stood up and grabbed his backpack. I watched as he walked down the hall away from me.

Fuck. I should've stayed put.
♠ ♠ ♠
title credit:// let it enfold you - senses fail. <3

ohhhhh shit!

Rae's outfit

so, thoughts? :))

x.