Sequel: Four Years
Status: Completed. Read the sequel "Four Years" :)

My Saving Grace

Finders Keepers

Alex's POV

I sighed as I walked to my first period class with Jack. A stupid, awkward silence wrapped around us.

"What's wrong, bro?" Jack asked, breaking that silence. He rested his bony as fuck arm on my shoulder.

I shrugged his arm off of my shoulder and ran my hand through my hair, "I don't know, dude. I don't want to be here. I'd rather be doing fucking chores or something."

"Ew," He laughed, making a stupid face.

I rolled my eyes as the late bell rang, "First day back in five days, and I'm fucking late. Fan-fucking-tastic."

"Bro, chill out. You need to get laid, or something."

"Jack, I'm not really in the mood," I sighed, walking slowly to get to class. I mean, I was already late, and chances were, I was going to get yelled at for it, so why rush to be yelled at? I was going to take my damn time.

"Alex! Alex! Dude, Alex!" Someone yelled from behind me.

Jack and I both turned around at the same time and saw Rian running towards us. He caught up to us quickly, and drew in a deep breath, "Dude, I still have to tell you - "

"Rian, don't you dare!" Kara screamed, running towards us. She looked pissed as anything. She ran over to us as Rian started to open his mouth to say something. As he was about to say something, she kneed him in the balls.

My mouth hung open as Rian went to the floor. I looked at Jack, his mouth was also hanging open. We both exchanged confused looks, then looked back at Kara and Rian.

"What the fuck is going on here?" I asked finally, staring at the two.

"I swear to God, Rian, if you do tell, you will never see daylight again," Kara growled, bending down to him.

"Harsh..." Jack breathed out. He bent down and helped Rian up off the floor, letting Ri lean on his shoulder for support. Kara looked like she really fucking hurt the poor dude.

"You promised me, Ri," Kara whispered, slightly petting his face as he leaned against the lockers and Jack.

"Hey, hello, um, still confused here," I said, waving my hand in front of Kara's face.

She turned around and shot me a look that screamed, "back off or I will kill you". I did as her look said and backed up a bit.

"You guys wanna go to iHOP? I'm in the mood for some pancakes," Jack said out of nowhere, rubbing his stomach. We all shot him confused looks. "What? I'm hungry!"

I chuckled and shook my head, "Why not? You can explain why you kneed your hunk of a boyfriend in the balls on the way there."

Kara laughed and rolled her eyes, "I'm not telling you why, because you don't need to know."

***

Three days. Three fucking days that I have tried to figure out what Rian was gonna tell me. What the fuck could he want to tell me that had Kara all...bleh over?

I scribbled on my notebook, not paying attention to the teacher droning on and on about some stupid test coming up. I didn't give a shit about some test I was going to fail whether I studied or not.

My mind went over a list of what Rian could've possibly wanted to tell me -

Kara had booked us a fantastic place where we could play as a surprise, and Rian couldn't contain his excitement.
No, that couldn't be it. Why would only Rian know about that? Oh, right, because Kara and Rian have no secrets. That's why their relationship is like, perfect.

Maybe...Lisa decided against going to prom with me, and instead, she's going with someone I hate.
But why would Rian want to come and tell me that? And, why would Kara stop him from doing that? ...Another thing...Lisa wouldn't do that to me. I think she would at least tell me that she decided to go with someone else.

The only other thing was that maybe they both knew where she was.
That was it. That had to be it. Why else would Kara threaten Rian? What else was so urgent that Rian had to come running down the hallway just to tell me?

My hand moved quickly across the blank piece of paper, writing down that reason. It sounded so stupid, but I was going to give Rian this note, and have his respond there. That way, Kara would have no idea.

The bell rang and I quickly shoved my notebook into my backpack, and folded up the note. I shoved it into my pocket and ran out of the classroom.

I had to go find Rian. I needed to get him this note. I ran passed his locker. I stopped dead in my tracks and turned around. I slipped the note through the little slits, figuring he'd get it later.

*

Kara's POV

I walked over to the locker that Rian and I shared, needing to get my AP Psych book. I twisted the combination on the lock, and slid the lock off. I opened the locker, a piece of folded up paper flew out and landed at my feet. I stared at the little piece of paper curiously. I bent down and picked it up.

I placed the books I didn't need into my locker, and unfolded the little paper. Someone scribbled something onto this. It looked like it was Alex's handwriting. I raised my eyebrow and read it.

"Rian, were you gonna tell me that you know where SHE is? I can't stop fuckin thinkin about it. I think this is the only way I can ask w/o Kara findin out. Give me this note back later."

I felt a pair of strong arms wrap themselves around my waist. I gasped and shoved the note into one of my books.

"What was that?" Rian asked as I turned around in his arms.

"What was what?" I asked, innocently batting my eyelashes.

"I'm not even going to bother," He laughed before kissing me quickly on the lips.

I laughed and shook my head, "You really shouldn't. Now, excuse me, I am going to be late to AP Psych! Love you, babe."

"Love you, too," He said, kissing me on the cheek as I grabbed my books needed for the rest of the day.

I smiled and shut the locker. I waved as I backed down the hallway. I turned on my heels and walked off towards Psych. Alex would not be finding out about anything any time soon.

***

Rachel's POV

"It is nine thirty in the fucking morning. You better have a good reason for waking me up," I growled as Pete jumped on the bed next to me. I sat up and rubbed my eyes.

"Wanna come to the studio with us in an hour?" He smiled from ear to ear. He looked like a kid on Christmas morning. Why?

"Pete," I whined, throwing myself back onto the pillows. I brought the covers up over my head and curled up into a ball.

"What?" He asked, pulling the covers off of me. He stood at the foot of the bed with the blanket in his hands. He had a cute little "I-did-nothing-wrong!" smile painted on his face.

"I have been to the studio with you guys every day this week. I don't wanna go anymore," I groaned, shoving a pillow on top of my head.

"Please?" He asked softly.

I sat up, letting the pillow fall to the floor, "Wake me up in a half hour so I can get ready."

He threw the blanket at me and ran out of the room, slamming the door behind him. I chuckled and rolled my eyes, falling back onto the bed.

*

After what seemed like five minutes, Pete bust through the door and began jumping on the bed, screaming, "Wake up! Wake up!"

I groaned and turned over, facing the wall. I snuggled deeper into the pillow, trying to ignore the twenty-five year old jumping on my bed.

"Oh, so that's how it's gonna be, huh?" I heard him say, probably smirking.

"Go away, Pete," I mumbled into the pillow. I didn't care if he heard me or not.

Suddenly, I felt something cold hit my back. What the fuck!?

I immediately shot up and saw Pete holding a water gun, not filled with water. It was filled with...orange juice? What the hell.

I glared at him and lunged forward, grabbing his ankles. He screamed as I brought his legs forwards, making him fall onto the bed. He sprayed me with the orange juice as I held onto his ankles tightly.

"Let go!" He yelled, spraying me with the cold, tangy liquid.

"Never!" I screamed, trying to avoid the stream of orange liquid coming at me. My hair was a sticky mess due to this bastard. "Stop spraying me!"

"Let go of me!" He countered.

"What is going on in here!?" Joe asked, completely shocked as he entered our room. Pete and I both stopped what we were doing and looked over at Joe. "Oh, I thought something...bad was happening. Carry on."

And with that, he left the room. Pete and I looked at each other before starting what we had stopped. The room erupted into screams of "let me go!"s and "stop it!'s. If the house, and neighborhood, wasn't awake before, they were certainly awake now.

"Stop it, or else I won't go to the studio!" I yelled, whacking him with a pillow.

I heard the water gun hit the hardwood floor. I carefully looked up at Pete and saw him standing by the bed, picking up the pillows I had thrown.

I laughed as he put them into a pile. They needed to be washed. And so did I.

"I'm going to go shower," I breathed out, standing up. I stepped over mini puddles of orange juice and grabbed a pair of clothes out of my dresser to change in to.

"Can I come?" Pete asked, snaking his arms around my waist.

"Nope," I replied, giving him a quick little kiss on the lips. I removed his arms from my waist and walked down the hallway to the bathroom.

I shut the bathroom door, setting my clothes down on top the counter. I let down my hair and pushed it to the side, examining the mark Pete left me three days ago. It was starting to fade, thank God. If Jess or Trick saw this thing, they'd freak.

I lifted up my shirt and noticed the one right above my stomach, on my left side was going away too. I poked it and sighed. Pete and I only knew each other for about three weeks, yet I was letting him do these things to me.

I wish I could say no to him, but I couldn't. I was wrapped around his finger.
♠ ♠ ♠
title credit://finders keepers - you me at six.

HOLY BALLS I AM SO FUCKING SORRY THAT THIS TOOK SO LONG.
i have had the worst writers block in the world. and i started senior year a couple weeks ago. i've been swamped with homework. so homework + writers block = i'm am so sorry. ;____________;

i told you it was gonna get real choppy. and it did. this one is choppy. and kinda confusing. if you are confused, ask me, and i shall explain~

SO OMG VERSAEMERGE RELEASED TOUR DATES EARLIER AND GUESS WHAT? MD IS THE LAST DATE OF THE TOUR! HOW FUCKING EPIC IS THAT SHOW GONNA BE!? AMAZINGGGGGGGG!!! I'M EXCITED.

alright, so, my excitement aside, i hope you enjoy this filler/update. i thank you all for sticking with me. <3

oh, and i apologize for any typos/anything that is out of whack because it is 2:15 right now and i am like x_____________x
x.