Sequel: Four Years
Status: Completed. Read the sequel "Four Years" :)

My Saving Grace

Of All The Gin Joints In All The World

Rachel's POV

"I knew it," She sighed. I opened my eyes and stared at her. I blinked, completely confused. She wasn't mad?

"You did?" Pete asked, also completely taken back by her response. I think everyone in the fucking house was confused as hell.

"Yeah, I heard you guys talking about it in the hallway. And, you two are absolutely terrible at keeping secrets," She said, forcing out a chuckle.

"Am not," I retorted, kinda offended. I wasn't a bad secret keeper. I thought Pete and I did really well at keeping this little relationship on the DL. At one hotel stop, Jess wanted me to be in her room, so of course I said yes. I didn't get all upset because I was separated from Pete. Well, I didn't show it. I was upset because I didn't have my cuddle buddy.

"Yeah you two are. I mean, the holding hands in McDonalds, the little smiles you two would shoot at each other when you thought I wasn't watching, you needing to 'go to the vending machine for some water'. Anyone could've pieced it together quickly."

I shot Pete a glare. The late night vending machine runs were all his idea. And, usually, he would shoot me a smile first. Ugh, he's the bad secret keeper, not me!

"Whatever. You two are cute. You wanna date? Go ahead, I don't care," Jess said, shrugging. She walked back into the little kitchen to try and find food. We had little to no food.

"Patrick, can you make me an egg sandwich?" She smiled sweetly.

"Wait, you're okay with us being together?" I asked, raising my eyebrow. Something was not right with this. She was okay with us being together. Did the world fucking get flipped upside down? Was I fucking dreaming? Was I high?

Pete grabbed my arm and yanked me away from Jess. His face was inches from mine when he whispered, "Jess is okay with this. Let's not question her. She might change her mind and not be okay with it. Just. Drop. It."

I nodded my head slowly. I wanted to drop it, but at the same time, I wanted so badly to know why she was okay with it. After all, she was the one who told Pete to stay away from me.

"Can I have an egg sandwich too?" I asked Patrick, walking away from Pete, and into the kitchen.

"Sure," He smiled.

An hour, and two egg sandwiches later, I was going through all of the pictures I had taken on the road. I had uploaded them onto the laptop, and was going to upload them to Myspace later.

"Pete, which one of Joe do you think is the best? Him trying to climb the sign, or him peeing on the sign?" I asked, showing him the two pictures.

"Peeing," He laughed, resting his head on my shoulder. "Wait, what's that one?"

I looked to where he finger was pointing and saw he was pointing at the picture I took of him while he was sleeping. I giggled, "You are so cute when you sleep, I couldn't help but to take a picture of you. Joe thought it was a good picture, too!"

"Of course Joe did," He mumbled before picking his head up off of my shoulder. He quickly pecked me on the lips and stood up, running into the kitchen.

I rolled my eyes and went back to what I was doing.

"Josephhhh," I whined. "Come pick a picture! Climbing or peeing?"

He raised his eyebrow and jumped onto the couch next to me, "Peeing? Climbing? What?"

I laughed loudly, "Just pick a picture."

"Pissing," He said, pointing to the picture of him peeing on the large McDonalds sign. I shook my head, giggling lightly. I highlighted that one, letting myself know to upload that to Myspace later.

"Move," Pete demanded. When Joe didn't move, Pete resorted to shoving Joe off the couch. Pete smirked and sat down next to me, placing his arm around my shoulder. "I told you to move."

"You are lucky you are sitting next to a pregnant girl, or else I would be all - "

"Yeah, yeah, go away. You are blocking my view of the TV," Pete said, leaning to the side just to see around Joe.

I watched as Joe grabbed a pillow off of the other end of the couch. He chucked it at Pete, causing Pete to spill his orange Fanta all over him, and me.

I shrieked and lifted up the laptop, trying to make sure it wasn't ruined. I set it on the coffee table and scrambled to the stairs. I ran up the stairs, and to my room. I needed to change. I hated wet clothes so much, it was crazy.

"Pete, can you hand me a shirt? And, maybe some shorts?" I asked as he walked into the room and shut the door behind him.

"Why can't you get them?"

I sighed, "Fine, but I'm taking your shirt."

"Which one?" He asked, going through his bag. Once he found a shirt he liked, he threw it onto the bed, and began to take his shirt off. I tried not to stare at him while he undressed himself.

"This one," I smirked, grabbing the shirt that he had taken out of his bag. I started to take my shirt off, but stopped when I felt a pair of eyes on me. "Can I help you?"

"Well, I, I mean, um - "

I giggled and shook my head, continuing to undress. I threw my dirty, wet shirt into the corner. I slid Pete's shirt on and flipped my hair, making it look a little more presentable.

I noticed Pete staring at me. "What? Is my hair still really fucking messy?" I asked, petting my head.

"No, it's perfect. Just like you," He breathed out. I blushed and looked down at my sock clad feet. Pete's hands cupped my face, pulling it up so it was inline with his. I stared into his beautiful hazel eyes while he stared into mine.

Soon, his face started inching towards mine. I shut my eyes as he lips softly touched mine. I wrapped my arms around his neck as his arms snaked around me, pulling my body closer to his. I giggled against his lips as he moved slightly forwards. I backed up into something, causing me to fall backwards. Pete landed on top of me.

"Are you okay?" Pete asked, rolling to the right of me.

I laughed and sat up, nodding my head, "I'm fine."

"That you are," Pete smirked before leaning in to kiss me again.

Before I knew it, he was on top of me. Our cute little kiss turned into so much more. His lips started to trail down my jaw, making their way down to my neck.

I gasped as he started to suck on my neck. All of a sudden, he bit down...hard. I let out a loud moan as his tongue flicked over where he bit. I could tell he left a mark. Fantastic.

I heard a knock coming from the other side of the door.

"Pete," I whispered, trying to get him off of me.

"Ignore it," He mumbled, pressing his lips to mine once again. "They'll go away."

They didn't. Whoever it was, soon burst through the door, throwing water balloons at us. Who the fuck would be throwing water balloons!?

I screamed and ducked as one flew at me. It exploded, sending...orange liquid? The fucker filled the balloon with Fanta!

Pete scrambled to his feet, attacking whoever had the water balloons. Or Fanta balloons...

"Stupid fucker, I can't believe you!" He screamed, shoving whoever it was out of the room.

"Payback's a bitch, Wentz!" I heard Jess laugh loudly. Oh! This was her payback for the porn ninja? Kind of a lame payback. I would've done a little more than water balloons filled with Fanta.

I got up and stripped Pete's shirt off of me. I went through his bag to find another shirt. I pulled out an "I ♥ REVENGE" shirt. This seemed very...relevant right now.

I slipped it on and walked over to the full-length mirror that was placed by the dresser. I looked myself over. I looked fin - Oh, right, the little mark Pete left.

I rolled my eyes and decided to do a low side ponytail. When I figured that my hair was just right, I walked out of my room and ran downstairs. I saw Pete sitting on Jess' back. He had a Fanta balloon hovered over her head. Patrick was standing about two feet away from the couch with a worried look on his face.

"Come any closer, and your girlfriend gets it," Pete warned. Trick backed up a couple inches.

I rolled my eyes and walked over to Pete. I sat on Jess' legs and leaned over to Pete, whispering into his ear, "Please get off of her."

"Fine," He sighed. I smiled and planted a kiss on his cheek. I got up and walked over to the other little couch across from this one. I sat down and watched him. My jaw hit the ground as soon as he let his grip on the water balloon go. He dropped the fucking balloon on her. It exploded all over her head, soaking her, and the couch.

"I fucking love revenge," Pete smirked and slowly made his way upstairs.

"Jess, I'm so sorry," I said, apologizing for my stupid boyfriend.

"Whatever, I'll get him back," She mumbled, getting off the couch and going to take go take a shower.

I couldn't wait to see what she had planned for him. Knowing her, it would be good.

Alex's POV

The five days passed by a lot quicker than I had thought they would. I thought they would just drag by slowly, but nope. My stupid mother had me do so many fucking chores. I guess that was why it flew by so quickly. I was actually glad to be going back to school. At least I wouldn't have to do so many fucking chores, and I would get to see my friends.

I walked through the doors of Dulaney High and walked down the hallways that I hadn't seen in five days. I really didn't fucking miss this. People's heads turned and stared at me as I dragged myself down the long hallway.

"Alex, bro, wait up!" I heard someone yell from behind me. I groaned and turned around to see Rian running towards me. "Hey, what's up?"

"I don't wanna be here, Ri," I whined, throwing my head back. Suddenly, chores sounded fun. I could at least take a nap after doing an hour of them. I couldn't take a nap here. "Quick, let me punch you in the face."

He backed away from me, and chuckled, "No. I will not let you punch me in the face. It's not that bad here, bro."

"Yes, it is Rian! Ugh, people keep staring at me, and I don't know why," I continued whining. I glared as some sophomore stared at us as we walked down the hallway.

"I know why. It's because someone - "

"Jack, Jack, Jack! Let me punch you, please!" I said, cutting Rian off as I watched Jack run down the hallway towards us.

He slowed down and gave me a confused look, "Give me five bucks and you've a face to punch."

"Really?" I asked, ready to go through my backpack to find some money.

"No," Rian said, grabbing my backpack from me. "Dude, I have to tell you - "

"Give me that," I said, yanking my backpack out of his hands. I rolled my eyes and threw it on my shoulder. This thing was fucking heavy due to me having to carry all my books. Every teacher decided it would be fun to give me a shit ton of work. Bookwork. I swear, all of the teachers were out to get me.

"Would you let me - "

"No," Jack said, looking completely serious. I chuckled as Rian sighed and gave up trying to say whatever.

"Rian, Rian, Rian!" Kara yelled, running down the hallway towards us. "I need to talk to you."

Jack and I stared at Kara as she yanked Rian away from us. He just shrugged. He let her drag him around everywhere all the fucking time. Whipped.

"Well, that was odd," I said and turned to walk down the hallway to my class.

Kara's POV

As soon as we were out of Alex and Jack's hearing range, I pushed Rian up against the locker and whispered, "Do not tell Alex that someone told me that they saw Rae's pictures on Myspace. Do not. Do not. Do. Not.."

He looked at me as if I had three heads, "Why not?"

"Ugh, because, Rae told me to keep everything away from Alex. I've been running all over the school this morning telling everyone to keep their mouths shut about it!" I whisper-yelled.

"But he's my best friend."

"Rachel's mine," I said, looking him dead in the eye. "Just, promise me, okay?"

"Fine," He sighed. I smiled and stuck out my pinky. He hooked his with mine and shook our fingers lightly. I leaned in a quickly pecked him on the lips. "Now, I gotta go, or I'll be late."

"Okay, bye, baby!" I smiled and watched as he ran down the hallway. Wait...his class wasn't that way.

...Alex's was!
♠ ♠ ♠
title credit:// of all the gin joints in the world - fall out boy. <3

sorry this has taken so long to post. i just...i haven't had that much motivation to update. that, and i've had severe writers block. :/

Image

i need a little more feedback, please? :/ like, seriously, there are 24 of you subscribed to this, and only, what, 2-3 people comment? that's not fair to me. i know i sound whiny, but, come on. i work hard on this and get hardly any feedback! this takes me so long to write. i've been writing this chapter for a week. and what do i get? 1-2 comments. :| so, i hate doing this, but - give me five (that is so low, and surely five out of 24 of you can give me your thoughts on this!) comments and i will update sunday night. if not, i'll update when i feel like it.

anyways, enough ranting. like always, i adore rivals are insane for commenting and giving me her thoughts with every update! :D

night. x.