Status: Comment (:

Drive Fast or Die Slow

S E V E N

Makenzie’s POV

“Sorry for freaking you out before.” The guy with the poofy hair said in slightly broken English.

I had found out his name was Bill and the guy with the dreads was his twin brother, Tom. They were both 15 like Kirst and I and lived only about a block away from us.

Kirsten and I had explained how we just moved here yesterday and then we hung out with Bill and Tom for a while. They had brought Kirsten and I to the park two blocks away and we had all lost track of time. It was almost 6:45 when my phone vibrated with a text from my mom asking me where we were. And now here we are walking back to mine and Kirst’s house.

I had found out a lot of things about Bill while we were at the park. Such as the fact that both his and Tom’s birthday was only five days before mine, (A.N: True Fact!! Hehe my birthday is the 6th) his favorite movie is the Labyrinth, and his favorite color is orange. We liked a lot of the same music and he is a really sweet and funny guy.

Yeah I know what you’re thinking. No, I do not have a crush on him. Yeah, he’s cute but I just met the dude!! It takes me a lot longer than a couple of hours to like a guy. More like months or a couple of years.

“It’s ok.” I said with a laugh. “No harm done.”

“Good.” He said with a smile.

We walked for a couple of minutes until we reached my house. “Well, this is me.” I said.

“Yeah, it was nice meeting you.” Bill said.

“Same to you.”

“Do you want to, like exchange numbers or something, so maybe we can hang out again sometime?”

“Yeah, sure. I’d like that.”

I handed my phone to him and he handed me his. Our hands touched for a second when he handed me his and what felt like an electric current surged through me. I went wide eyed and grabbed his phone quickly. I quickly typed my number in his phone putting it under the name Kenzie Is My Bestest Friend J. I laughed and then handed it back to him and he handed me back mine. Well, whatever that shock thing was it doesn’t look like he felt it.

I turned around and saw Kirst exchanging numbers with Tom. “Yo, Kirst we don’t have all day you know!!” I called.

“Oh, shut it I’m coming!!” She said walking over after she said bye to Tom.

I said a quick goodbye to Bill and then we both headed up the driveway and into the house.

“We’re home!!” I called once we got inside.

“Well it’s about time.” My mom said walking out of the kitchen. “Where were you two?”

“Sorry, mom we met some people and went and hung out with them at the park.” I explained leaving out the part where I went after Bill and Tom with the baseball bat and how we were pretty much dragged to their house due to a misunderstanding.

“Oh, well ok then I’m happy you two made some friends already. Why don’t you two go upstairs and wash up. Dinner should be ready in about half an hour.”

Kirsten and I both nodded and then went upstairs. “So, you and Bill, huh?” Kirst said with a smirk once we got up to our room.

“No!! He’s a nice guy and all but we’re just friends.” I said.

“Then why are you blushing?” She questioned still smirking.

Fuck!! I hadn’t realized I was blushing. “I’m not.” I said letting my hair fall in my face to conceal my red cheeks.

“Ok, sure.”

I could tell she was still smirking without even looking at her. “Oh shut up!!” I exclaimed.

“Fine, no need to get defensive.”

Ok, yeah she’s definitely still smirking.

“Girls, dinner!!” Kirsten’s mom called upstairs.

“Coming!!” We both yelled walking downstairs.

The entire way down I was thinking about two things: Why the hell did I blush and what the fuck was that electric current that I felt before?