Status: Comment (:

Drive Fast or Die Slow

E I G H T

Chapter Eight;

Kirstens P.O.V

I grinned as I looked at the text that I received under the dinner table.

Kenzie kicked me from under the table, “Ow!” I protested.

“Is there a problem Kirsten? Or are you to busy texting to realize that we have been talking to you for the past ten minutes,” My mother grumbled at me.

“Sorry Ma.” I looked down at my potatoes and grimaced. I knew she would want to see my phone to see what was so interesting.

“You should let me see what is so interesting on that phone of yours,” Called it. My mom motioned her hands in a ‘give me’ motion.

I scoffed, “Oh come on mom, I will stop texting.”

“No, give it to me.”

My eye brow rose slightly, “I don’t think so.”

“Give it to me now, damn it!” She hollered.

“Oh you want to start this now? In front of your best friend, and her family! Well gee mom! I always thought you were better than that!” I glared openly at her.

“Kirsten Elizabeth Hart!” She roared.

I scoffed again, “Whatever, enjoy your family meal with them.” I spat, and ran off to my room.

I knew it seemed like I was over reacting over something so stupid, but it really wasn’t when you saw it from my position. My mom, she… how can I put this nicely? Well, I cant really. My mom doesn’t like me. She is always friendly, and loving when other people, or my dad are around, but when we are all alone, she would love to get right of me.

She dislikes me so much, because she believes that I am the reason my father is dying. When I was younger, I wanted to be a prima ballerina, just like any other 9 year old. I was in Seattle at the time, for some big show. After the show ended, I had forgotten the my dad was going to wait outside in the freezing rain until I came out. I had forgotten, and let with my friend Madison. I left my dad out in the fucking freezing rain, and he got hypothermia or something like that.

You would think after an hour of waiting he would go back inside his truck, but no. He wanted to be there to congratulate me on my win. He had a bouquet of flowers and everything. And I just left him there.

After Madison’s mom dropped me off at home, I went into the living room to see just my mom there. She asked me where my father was, and I just shrugged carelessly. At about midnight, I heard the front door close, and my mother’s scream woke me up form my sleep.

I ran down the stairs, confused, when I saw my father’s blue body laying still on the floor. My mom called an ambulance, and then we went to the hospital. After hours of waiting, the doctors told us that my father had hypothermia. They would fix that, but there was a bigger problem. It was something about how the hypothermia activated a health problem that was dormant for a long time. He had a while to live, but he would have to watch his health.

I don’t really remember much, but my mother does. Just thinking about all of this makes me upset, but then I remember that my mom still doesn’t like me.

I was fucking 9, and she still hasn’t forgiven me, even though my father has. She is my mom, she’s supposed to love me.

I let a tear drop from the memories, and then glanced at my phone to read the text message that I had neglected to read earlier.

Meet me by the park? –Sexy lover (;

I quickly responded, Sure thing. Be right there. (:

I walked into the bathroom, and brushed my hair out, and fixed my makeup. Then I walked back into my bedroom and changed into a pair of skinny jeans, and then I put a plaid flannel I got from American Eagle on. Then I put on my converse, a pair of band bracelets, and my music note necklace.

Outfit --> http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=18032865

I looked in the mirror, and smiled lightly. I looked alright, for me. I grabbed my iPod and my phone and stuck them in my pant pockets. I looked out my bedroom door and made sure no one was coming. I pushed my window wide open, and threw one leg over the ledge, I gulped looking down the two story drop.

I sighed calmly, and climbed down the rose trellis very, very carefully. I reached the bottom, and jumped down the last two feet. I let out an umpfh, as my body hit the ground. I groaned, and stood up. I didn’t realize two feet could hurt that much.

I shook it off, and walked towards the park when I felt my phone vibrate. I looked back to the house to see if anyone was coming after me. I grinned triumphantly and opened my phone to see what I had received.

Get your ass in gear missy! –Sexy lover.

I was so lucky that my ‘sexy lover’ had a translator on his phone. So technically he was sending everything in German right now, but I received them in English.

Oh hold your horses, I’m on my way.

He replied, You better get here soon, or I may have to put you over my shoulder again, and carry you here. –Sexy lover

I giggled, You would like that wayyy to much, babe. (;

I could hear his laugh from the park which I was entering as he responded.

Your point? –Sexy lover

I laughed, and Tom turned around and smirked at me.

“Hey stranger.” I smiled, and gave him a hug.

It may seem strange to someone other than me, but I grew crushes on people like, lickity split. I made the snapping noise in my head, because I think Tom would think it was really weird if I just snapped out of nowhere.

“Hallo.” He greeted me, and returned the hug tightly. I took a deep breath, and enjoyed Tom’s body spray. Gosh, it should be illegal for guys to smell as good as him.

“Why did you want me to come here?” I asked him.

“I just wanted to talk,” He shrugged nonchalantly. I loved his accent, it was so hot! Wow, I probably sound like, a major freak right now.

I smiled, “About what?”

“Anything. And everything.”

“Want to go play in that play thing?” I asked, pointing towards one of those plastic buildings that had a bunch of separate fun parts.

He nodded, “Yeah.”

I grabbed his hand, and dragged him towards the front part of the toy place which was the front of a ship. I jumped up a couple of monkey bars and pulled my way over there. Tom just stood there and laughed at me.

I scoffed playfully, “You just wish you were short enough to do this,” And then I, maturely, stuck my tongue out.

“Your point?” He smirked, and he licked his lip ring deliciously.

I sighed and licked my lips, “I don’t have one, I guess.”

“Exactly.” He smirked victoriously.

I jumped on the sail boat thing, and pulled Tom up so he was sitting right next to me. I laid back and just looked at the stars and I saw that Tom had done the same.

“How many do you think there are?” I asked, curiousity pouring out of me.

“Of what?”

“The stars.” I sighed dreamily.

“I don’t really know. Probably a lot.” He shrugged.

I turned on my side and looked at him, “Why do you keep talking to me?” I asked, not really realizing how rude that sounded.

“Do you not want me to?” His eyes lowered into a glare, and I smacked myself on the forehead.

“Shit, I didn’t mean it like that, I meant why do you like me? Why do you actually want to talk to me?”

“I don’t know,” He shrugged, “There is just…something about you.”

I grinned, “Good or bad?”

He turned on his side so he was no facing me, “Definitely good.”

I licked my lips lightly, and glanced down towards Tom’s lips. I knew that it would seem slutty if I kissed him, but…I really, really, want to.

So I just voiced my question, “Would you think I was a whore if I kissed you right now?”

Tom’s cheeks were just a shade pinker, “No.”

I beamed, “Good.”

I connected my lips with his, and was just kissing him gently. Our lips moved together in perfect sync. I pulled away when I need air, and laughed.

“That was nice.” I said, blushing.

“Yeah, it was.” Tom agreed, and then he wrapped an arm around my waist. I laid my head on his chest and listened to his heart beat.

Bump-da-bump bump-da-bump. I smiled lightly realizing something.

Our heartbeats matched exactly.

I closed my eyes, and just took in everything. The breathtaking kiss. The matching heartbeats. The perfect position I was in. Everything.

The next thing I realize my phone is blast She’s A Lady by Forever The Sickest Kids.

“Oh shit!” I said, and then shook Tom awake.

“Whaa?” He asked, confused.

“Shit, we fell asleep at the park!” I answered my phone with a hello.

“Where the fuck are you!” I heard my mom yell on the other line, and I was almost sure that Tom could hear her as well.

“I’m at the park. I figured you were so mad at me that you wouldn’t want to see me anymore, so I took some clothes, and decided that I would live like a hobo, since you hate me so much.” I lied skillfully.

“Oh hunny, I didn’t know you felt that way.” My mother sympathized.

“I thought you hated me.” I said, making my voice sound like I was crying.

“Just come home sweet heart, and we can make it better, okay?” My mother cooed.

“Yeah, mommy. I will be right home.” And I said goodbye, and hung up my phone.

“Impressive.” Tom approved.

I grinned, “Thanks,”

“Well, I should get going.” He said awkwardly.

I nodded and stood up stretching my back, “Me to,” I said awkwardly.

“Bye,” He smiled and walked off towards his house.

Before I could stop myself I called out his name, “Tom!” He looked at me with hope in his eyes. I quickly walked over to him, and wrapped my arms around him neck, and placed my mouth on his. I could feel him grin, which in turn, made me grin.

After I pulled away I said breathlessly, “Bye Tom.”

“Bye Kirsten.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment.