Sequel: Postcards From...
Status: Re-written

The Club Is Open Until 8:00Pm

Vingt Neuf

Imogene's POV

April vacation had just ended. It was the first day back to school and I couldn't have felt any sicker. "Is everything alright? Imogene?" mom asked though the bedroom door. She had heard me throwing up. "Yup, I'm good." I grumbled. "I'm coming in." She opened the door and gasped. At first I thought it was because she had caught me without my makeup - a rare sight - but she cupped my face and felt my forehead.

"Oh my God! Look at you." She worried. "You're so white and your cheeks are sunken!" I withheld the urge to vomit - a physical strain alone. She sat me on the and left to go retrieve a glass of ginger ale. "I won't be able to hold it down." I practically whined. She made me drink it anyway. Mom turned towards the door when my step-dad came though holding two aspirin tablets. "here. I thought these would help." He offered. I took them and chased them with the ginger ale.

...

By the time I woke up, I was feeling a little better and my phone was vibrating rapidly from a text. I reached over to grab it, knocking over the cup. I finally got hold of it and answered it.

hiya imo
why u not in school?


Thomas had sent the message. I looked at the alarm clock. He'd be in chemistry. I'd be in Metal Shop playing with the laser cutter with Sienna and getting in trouble.

sorry tom
not feelin good
stomach hurts.

oh. i'll tell monet.
adrian not in 2
test in french

maybe monet could
help him. lol


It took him awhile to reply as he would have to wait until the coast was clear of the teacher so I went downstairs to see mom. She was making something in the blender. "What'ya making?" I asked startling her with a clear voice. "I see you're feeling better." I ran a hand through my hair. "Yeah, I guess it was just some early morning thing. Can I have a cup?" Mom poured me some. "Fuck! What is this?" I downed my first cup. "Chocolate syrup, ice cream and vodka. Joanne's recipe; thought I'd try it." I nodded.

My phone buzzed and I fished it out of my pocket.

just saw monet
must b having bad day
didn't look happy.

what happened at lunch?
i'll talk 2 her 2morrow


"Yeah mom, I'll have another." She took my cup and refilled it. I grabbed it and went into the living room. "Did Tigger drag in another dead bird?" I asked out loud. Peterson, my step-dad laughed. "It's not funny, it's fucking gross."
A buzz.

u do that
asked her, said was
nothing. girl thing probably.


I looked at Peterson. It's got to be a girl thing. Definitely.

New Message: got it!
talk later
bye 4 now.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry for confusing text talk :[