Sequel: Postcards From...
Status: Re-written

The Club Is Open Until 8:00Pm

Trente Sept

Great. The mics not working. I checked to see if It was even on. It was. Everything else was working. Thomas' mic, the amps. I didn't know what the problem was. My throat was dry and sore.

As soon as that song ended, I ran backstage and stared at the back of my mouth. It was all red, and it was burning. I tried to say something, but it sounded like a frog was talking instead. I cleared my throat to try again. Same frog. I was gaining worried looks from everyone. Teddy, the owner of the club, August, my band, even the occasional backstage groupie. "Thomas, can you give me a ride?" The frog asked. He nodded, handing Imogene his guitar. "Wait, what do you want me to do with this?" She asked. "Just store it at your house. I'll be over later to pick it up." Adrian looked worried.

Thomas and I piled ourselves into his dad's Buick Century and he took off. My house was a little out of the way but Mr. Harcourt was awesome like that. He pulled into our empty driveway. No one was home. "Where did they go." Mrs. Kermit the the frog asked. "Joanne's probably at the boutique." Thomas offered. She worked their as the manager. Mr. Harcourt pulled out and returned to town.

The van was parked in front of the store. I don't know why the store was even open this late since they closed at 9:00pm. I looked at Mr. Harcourt's watch. Just after 7:30. Never mind. Thomas and I ran inside, looking for Joanne.

She wasn't up front. Thomas asked the the head cashier, "Is Joanne Stevens here?" She pointed to the stairs. The second floor. I had never been on the second floor. We ran up, pushing past ladies with big earrings and little boys who wanted to leave. To much Girlie stuff.

"...I still have the one Frankie got me, but damn, these are effing beautiful purses." A woman said. Wait, Frankie. Frankie got a bag for his girlfriend. His girlfriend was here, talking to Joanne. Joanne saw us and smiled. We went over there. "We're sorry to interrupt, but we have a problem." He said, out of breath almost. Frankie's girlfriend looked like she hadn't minded the intrusion. "What is it." Joanne asked. Thomas looked at me.

"I sound like a frog." Sure enough, Ms. Froggie was there to vouch. "Oh my God, Monet, hunny, what happened?!" She cupped my face, with her leathery-smelling hands. "I was singing and like, bam! It just went. I don't even know." She nodded, like she understood. "Alright, um, does your throat hurt right now?" I nodded. All these months of not talking has proven useful.

"Oh dear. Jamie, I hate to leave, but I don't want her throat getting worse." Jamie nodded rapidly. "Oh of course! I understand completely. I hope she'll be alright" She offered. That was nice. I hope I'll be alright too.
♠ ♠ ♠
I would like so say Thank you to all of my wonderful readers/subscribers. ;)
dreamerforever
rivals are insane
secrets-that-die
SHYLA01
I'm Not Insane
secrets-that-die
katelynnjosee
mistery gurl
mybrutalromance1996
Andrew Jenks

Thank you all!!!!