Status: COMMENT COMMENT COMMENT :D

Handful Of Moments

In A Sea Of Sound;

Josie was in her last period. She hasn’t talked to anyone of her new classmates and she wasn’t really planning to anytime soon. Sure, she talked in school to answer questions that her teachers asked her, but that was about it. Josie noticed that the mysterious Gaskarth boy wasn’t at school. Josie might not know what he looks like, but in almost every class when attendance was taken that name was said and never answered.

Jose walked from school to the café that she discovered the other day. She ordered what she usually gets and sat down in the spot she did before. This was going to be a daily routine for her and she doesn’t mind.

After spending an hour at the café, she decided to head back home and start dinner for Coach and herself. Coach was still at football. Josie remembered being on the sidelines cheering for the knights of Jefferson High. Her dad was yelling at the boys, but knew he loved his team. Then she’d spot her mom up in the stands smiling and cheering for the team, her husband, and her daughter. Josie shook the memory away and put the noodles in the pot.

It was 6:30 now and Josie started to set the table as she waited for her dad to arrive home at any minute. She heard the door open.

“Hey Jose.” Her dad walked in, she smiled and waved, “What’s for dinner?”

“Spaghetti,” she laughed as her dad rubbed his slight beer belly.

It was a quiet dinner, which isn’t the first. Jeff hated how his daughter barely spoke, but didn’t know what to do. He thought it’d wear off sooner or later. Josie risen from the table and took her plate to the sink. She looked out noticing three guys at the front door of the Gaskarths talking to Isobel. She looked sad and so did the boys.

“Want to watch the game?” Jeff asked her, as she shook her head no, “Why? We used to watch it together all the time,” and she just shrugged and headed upstairs to her room.

She felt bad declining to watch the game with her dad. That was their thing. They’d make popcorn and have a bowl of Doritos. Usually, they’d just mix the two. She’d fetch him a beer and a coke for her. They’d both wear their matching Ravens jerseys. But ever since the accident, they’ve been distant and she knew it was her fault. Josie sighed as she took out her homework, which it was just to get-to-know-you-better homework.

That only took fifteen minutes. Jose took out her phone and saw it was around nine. She decided to take a shower and get ready for bed. After the shower she slid on her PJ's’s and turned on her iPod home. Josie pressed on “Zzz’s” playlist and the first song that came on was “Feeling This” by Blink-182. Josie leaped towards her bed as she covered herself with three blankets.

---

Josie entered a salmon pink room, which was filled with sorrowful music. She saw a mirror across from her and noticed she was in her pajamas. Then noticed there were other people in this room, her family. They were all dressed in black.

“Aunt Sue?” Josie asked, but walked straight through her.

Why couldn’t Josie be seen by others, but she can see herself? And why were all these people dressed in black? Her heart stopped as she saw a white coffin open with her mother’s lifeless body. It felt like the room zoomed towards her as now she was hovering above the body.

With all the make-up that they put on you can still see some scars and scratches from what happened. Her hand carefully inched its way towards the body. Josie gasped, her mom was sitting up, holding her hand and staring right at her, but not with hatred, with gentle and kindness.


---

Josie shot up from her bed gasping for air. She felt her forehead, which was clammy. Her fists were clenched to her sheets. Jose opened up the drawer of her nightstand and grabbed her Camel Lights and lighter. She opened her window and climbed up her roof. Josie slipped the cancer stick between her lips, one hand on the lighter and the other covering it from the wind. She flicked the lighter as the flame sparked and lit her match. Jose took a long drag, letting the smoke drip from her mouth. Her breathing felt regular again.

She laid back onto the roof admiring the night sky. Jose took another drag as a coughing sound came out of nowhere. Her eyes went wide when she looked to the left finding a male figure also sitting on the roof.

“That’s bad for you,” he mumbled looking at her. All she did was shrug. “Alex,” he introduced himself.

“Josie,” she simply said with no emotion.

Alex chuckled darkly, “So you do speak. All my friends and my parents say you’re mute.”

She rolled her eyes and held up the pack. Alex shook his head no. He kept staring at her as she stared back. The moonlight was bright enough to tell he was scruffy and hasn’t slept in a while.

“Why are you up so late?” He asked her.

“Nightmare.” If Josie spoke it usually was just one word answers. She tilted her head towards him signaling why he was up.

“Just because,” Alex simply said. Josie was fine with that answer, it wasn’t her business to know.

Finally she was at the end of her cigarette. She rubbed the butt on the roof and flicked it off the roof. She was half way through the window before Alex stopped her.

“Hey Josie, I like you,” Alex had a small smile, “And your socks.” She raised an eyebrow at him and just went straight to bed, hoping she won’t have another nightmare.
♠ ♠ ♠
Outfit

So this is a little intro on her life
& she finally met Alex

Comments :)