‹ Prequel: We Come Out At Night 4

We Come Out At Night 5

Chapter 4

-------------
Christ
-------------

Chelsea and I had enjoyed each other’s company over breakfast at the diner. When we got back to the casino we both decided to spend the day upstairs. She was working at the bar in place of London and had been working seven nights a week until I begged Gates to help me find someone else to help out and give Chelsea two nights off.

Gates had talked Emery, one of the girls from the brothel, into covering the bar two nights a week. So, for today and tomorrow, Chelsea was all mine. We were making out on the couch and I had just slipped my hand under her shirt when her pocket started to vibrate. “Motherfucker.” I whispered against her lips and shifted over to the side of her so she could take her phone out of her pocket.

“It’s Shadows.” She said after taking the phone out of her pocket and looking at the caller ID. “Hello.” She said as she answered.

“Where the fuck are you?” I heard him snap at her on the other end. He was loud and angry.

“I-i-it’s my day off.” She spoke with a hint of nervousness in her voice.

“You don’t get a fucking day off!” He screamed through the phone. “Emery cant even open a beer bottle without help, get the fuck down here now or you’re fired!” And with that, he hung up.

Chelsea looked at me like she was about to cry. “I have to go to work.” She looked so sad and disappointed. That fucking bastard had some nerve. I sat up so she could get off the couch and when she stood, she straightened out her shirt and looked down at me with sad eyes. “I’m sorry.” She whispered.

“It’s not your fault.” I grabbed her hands and stood up. “I’ll come by later and keep you company.”

“ok” She nodded and I kissed her lips so softly that it felt like they barely touched. I sat back down on the couch and watched her as she left. I wanted her to stay so badly. I couldn’t help balling my hands into fists. Shadows better get off his fucking high horse.

--------------
Shadows
--------------

Whoever put this fucking moron behind the bar was going to get their teeth knocked out. She didn’t know her ass from her elbow. I stood in front of the bar with my arms folded and shot a nasty glare at Chelsea as she finally appeared and headed over to the bar. She looked as if she was about to cry and quite frankly, I couldn’t give a fuck less.

“Business before pleasure.” I told her, as her eyes were downcast and focused on the apron that she was tying around her waist. “Fix me a drink.” I ordered and she set a glass on top of the bar and began to fill it.

Something was happening in the casino and it wasn’t business as usual. It was strange how everyone seemed to be avoiding me. Gates, Vengeance and The Rev especially all seemed to know something that I didn’t. Not one of them had spent more than five minutes in my presence as of lately. As for Christ, he seemed to be the odd one out.

“Where’s Christ?”

“Upstairs.” She replied in a voice that was barely audible.

“What?”

“He’s Upstairs.” She spoke louder and a little more clearly now, but still kept her attention on anything and everything just not to focus on me. I had slept with Chelsea on more than one occasion and she was even a favorite “playmate” of Izzy’s so there was no reason for her to be nervous around me.

“Chelsea, come over here.” I ordered and she stood in front of me behind the bar. “No, over here.” I pointed to the spot in front of where I was sitting and she cautiously walked around the bar and stood in the spot where I pointed. I put my hands on her hips and pulled her closer so that she stood between my legs.

“W-w-what do you want?” She stuttered.

“I want answers, doll.” I lowered my gaze to the cleavage that was peeking out from her shirt. “I want to know why everyone is avoiding me.”

“I-I don’t know” My hands trailed down to her ass and I held them there.

“Hmm something tells me that you’re lying and I don’t like that.” I kept one hand on her ass and with the other I trailed my finger over the flesh that was peeking out from the top of her shirt. “I’ve been good to you, wouldn’t you say, Chelsea?”

“Y-yes.” She nodded nervously as I licked my lips just before bringing them to the base of her neck.

“What the fuck?” I lifted my head from her neckline and moved to the side to see Christ standing there.

“Really?” He said glaring at Chelsea. “So this is why you never have time for me?”

“No! Johnny, it’s not what it looks like.” She tried to go to him, but I held her there in my grasp.

“Sure, like I haven’t heard that before.” He turned and left the bar and Chelsea looked back at me with tears in her eyes.

“Why did you do that?”

“Because I can.” I smiled. If I cant be happy, why should anyone else?
♠ ♠ ♠
Christ is fucking hot...just sayin'