Sequel: To Say I Love You
Status: in the process of re-writing

Tell Me When it's Time

Having Trouble Trying To Sleep

"Don't tell me what to fucking do!" my father's voice echoed through the house.
I was sitting in my room, not being able to sleep. I couldn't remember the last time I had a good night sleep. I should try, but shoud've doesn't mean could've.
I guess I should give an introduction. I'm Lillie Armstrong, and yes, the daughter of Billie Joe Armstrong. If you don't know who he is, he's the frontman of a famous punk rock band called Green Day. They've been aroung for twenty years, and I've been around for 13, almost 14. My birthday's next week.
"Did you ever realize that maybe you should?" my mother screamed. There was a long silence. I hoped to God they stopped fighting for the night."You are such an ignorant bastard!"
Nope.
My older brother, Joey, walked into my room, closed the door, and sat beside me.
"Good, you're awake," Joey said. "Did Dad tell you?"
"Tell me what?" I asked.
"I guess he was trying to protect you," Joey sighed. "Lillie, Mom and Dad are divorcing."
"You fucking pig!"
Joey and I sighed
"How are we gonna be split?" I asked.
"Jake and I are gonna be living with Mom, while you're gonna live here with Dad. You'll come stay with us during school breaks such as spring and winter break and Jake and I come stay here during the summer," Joey replied.
"Big change for you guys," I muttered. "I'm gonna miss you."
"Me too," Joey said, embracing me in a hug.
I hugged him back. A couple minutes later, I smirked as an idea popped into my brain.
"What's so funny?" Joey asked as he pulled away, trying to hide laughter.
"I can't sleep," I replied. "Could you stay with me until I do?"
"Sure," Joey said as he climbed under my sheets.
Joey hugged me to him as I fell asleep.

*****7:45am******

I awoke screming, though I couldn't recall why.
"Lillie!" Joey awoke, quikly hugging me. "Shh, it's okay now. I'm here, don't worry."
My tears quickly subsided as I told Joey I couldn't remember what made me scream.
"I'm gonna go make some coffee, you want some?" I asked.
"Yeah, sure," Joey replied. "I'm gonna go do some last minute packing."
I nodded as I headed into the kitchen, bumping into my father.
"Oh, Lillie, are you okay?" he worridly asked. "I heard you scream."
I could tell he was sincere because I saw the worry sparkle in his eyes. Seeing him worry about me made my eyes start to water.
"I'm fine," I said, breaking at fine. My father held me as I broke down crying, my mind racing at a thousand miles an hour.
I tightened my hold around his waist, more tears dampening his shirt. My father started to hum a soothing hymm, calming my nerves. I loosened my hold around his waist, ans, eventually, let go. He handed me a couple tissues to dry my eyes with.
"Dad, why didn't you tell me?" I asked.
"Tell you what?" he asked in response.
"That you and Mom are divorcing," I replied, "and splitting Joey, Jake, and I?"
He sighed in response. "Your mother didn't want me to, and, when I wanted to, it wasn't the time or place."
There was silence as I walked over to the coffee maker. It stayed that way until the coffee was done.
"You want some coffee?" I asked as I got two cups for Joey and I. He nodded in response.
Joey walked into the room just in time in the same clothing as our father; boxers and a t-shirt. They both thanked me as I handed them their glasses.
I leaned against the counter for support I felt I needed while I watched Joey and our father talk. I decided to place my cup beside the coffee maker as I felt like I was going to pass out. I felt my knees buckle.
"Lillie!" I heard my father's voice shout.
Before my body could hit the floor, strong arms caught me. My breathing sharpened a little.

The last thing I could remember before falling unconcious was staring into beautiful, lustrious emerald eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter credit: Brain Stew, Green Day