Status: CHAPTER SIX UP NOW. PLEASE COMMENT!

Poison

Better Off Without You

I clawed at Jack’s hands hoping and praying that somehow he would just let go. Breathing become harder and my vision became blurry and my struggle against him stopped completely as I concentrated on what was truly important – to keep breathing.

Jack’s hands left me neck, but by then I was sure it was all over for me – what could be left of life? A few wispy breaths to say that I would’ve stayed? I would’ve loved him forever – that he was all I ever wanted. To simply shove it all in his face was what I wanted really, but my heart and the scenery betrayed me. I had onto my hands and knees, not able to keep myself up; I just lied there as Jack left the house and returned sometime later with rope from the tool shed.

My breathing which had been shallow – escalated in panic once again as I watched Jack throw the rope around the bare high beam in the kitchen and tie up the noose. I started to scoot across the floor to the couch where I knew my cell phone was – Call Lisa was running through my mind and Call the Police. Okay, Police first and then Lisa. If I can’t save myself at least they’ll know that I didn’t do this to myself, right?

I had reached the couch, my phone was in view and just as I was about to grasp it; Jack grabbed me from behind and dragged me backwards to the kitchen. I tried to scream but no sound would come from my mouth, my throat was so sore for Jack straggling me that I couldn’t make a sound.

I kicked and struggled against Jack as best as I could while he pushed me up on a chair an slid the noose over my head. Tears were streaming down, across my face as I looked at Jack, who just stared back. I mouthed, “Why?”

Jack caressed my tear-soaked face before saying with a sigh, “You were going to leave me and nobody leaves me.”

Jack kissed my forehead. I shook my head ‘no’ as he climbed down from the second chair. I wish I could speak. But what good would words do with Jack? He wouldn’t believe me would say I was only trying to save my ass, which I am – but I would’ve stayed with him.

In my very last moments, I started to pray for a second chance;

Give me a second chance to teach this boy a lesson.
A lesson that will make him tell the truth because he is a liar.
He needs to see the extent of what’s he’s done.
Liars don’t deserve second chances.
And I gave him plenty.
So please give me a second chance


I closed my eyes and took a deep breath (and I have idea if that helped at all) as Jack pulled the chair out from underneath me, literally. It lasted five minutes, my hanging there – and in that time, Jack perfected my suicide. Making sure he didn’t touch the chair at all as he positioned it correctly so it looked like I kicked it and as my light was finally going out I watched Jack walk out – he stopped by the couch. He picked up my phone and shut it off. If someone called, they would think I did and not get suspicious at all. I could swing here for hours.

Until Jack came home and played the distraught widowed husband of course, who had found his wife who he had been trying to reach for the past few hours after they had a huge fight over him cheating (he admits it now, ha), hanging from the rafters in the kitchen.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is definitely not the end!
I repeat NOT THE END!
<3