Status: CHAPTER SIX UP NOW. PLEASE COMMENT!

Poison

How Does It Feel?

I tried to just shrug off Jack’s comment as he drove me home but it was pretty impossible. I mean – the next girl he was going to marry? I’m sorry, but I know I’m not wrong – as far as the /rest/ of the world knows, he is still married to Jade, and unlike the two people in this car who already knew that Jade was dead – the rest of the human population that cared thought she was still alive and well.

Jack tried to make small talk as we approached our street but I had my lips sealed, “Come on Jamie – I know you like me.”

I looked over at him to see that familiar cocky smile and my heart flopped. What the hell? I rolled my eyes and opened the car door to get out of the car. Jack hopped out and met me as I was going around the back of the car. Jack gently grabbed my elbow and stirred me in toward his house, “At least come inside and meet Jade; I’m sure she’s calmed down enough to meet the new neighbor.”

“Oh yeah, I’m sure she’s cool,” I let the remark pass my lips before I thought about it. I bit my lip and chewed on it as Jack let go of me and opened the door with key; I eyed it – I remember painting it green for his favorite color, it was chipped from being used over and over again.

My stomach started to flip disgustedly as we walked inside – everything looked so familiar. The couch, the wood floors the red walls, the framed artwork. As we walked farther in I knew what was coming next because Jack was talking about how this was the living room and through there was the kitchen – and all of a sudden he stopped.

“Jack?” I asked because it was the normal thing. I followed where his voice had trailed off, down a couple steps into the kitchen. I walked into Jack’s back and immediately saw what he had – me, Jade, her – it.

I knew that it had happened. That I was dead because I was here now, but honestly how do you look at yourself dead? You’d cry, wouldn’t you? You’d turn away in disgust of what has become of you. It’s really too bad I can’t, though.

“Oh my god, Jack,” I said as I buried my head in his back. He turned so now my face was in his chest. He rubbed my back – trying to be strong for the weak woman in front of him he would’ve liked me to think. It’s really too bad that I knew exactly the show that he was putting on. Though what was worst that I was helping him.

A wet drop fell onto my neck after my neck, “I, I don’t know what to think. I have to call the police.”

Jack let go of me and walked away, leaving me standing there in the kitchen with my old body. It felt so odd to be looking at myself, kind of like in a 3-D mirror, but the picture was broken. A desperate need to reach out and touch the /corpse/ came over me and just as I lifted my hand, I heard Jack call my name and the sirens wailed in the distance.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's been awhile!
Another new chapter is coming up shortly!
<3