In The End

Chapter 9

Delilah’s POV

What was that about? One minute Mikey was fine and the next he stormed out. “Mom, Mikey doesn’t know HB. I’m going to go make sure he doesn’t get lost or in trouble.” “Ok hon, but please be careful and NO FIGHTS!” “Me? Fight? Never.” I smirked at her. I walked around a bit until I found him sitting by a tree at the park. “Hey! What are you doin out here all alone?” I asked him. “Nothing really. Just thinking.” He replied. “Ok? So why did you storm out earlier?” “No reason.” “ Oh. So you’re going to be stubborn huh? I bet I can get you to tell me.” “Yeah ok.” I smirked at him as I straddled his lap. He moaned just loud enough for me to hardly hear. “Pwease Mikey. Pwease tell me.” I said moving around a little more. He opened his eyes and they were full of lust just as I’m pretty sure mine were. Before I could say anything he smashed his mouth to mine. I moaned at the sudden contact. Then something changed because he pulled away and lightly pushed me to sit on the ground. “What’s wrong?” I can’t do this. The reason I left was to avoid this. I like you a lot Lilah but I can’t act on it because you’re 17 and I’m 27.

I could go to jail and you could get in major trouble too.” “Oh.” I said disappointment clear in my voice. I got up and started walking away. “You coming? The sun’s setting and it gets really dangerous after dark.” “Yeah, we better get going back to Starbucks.” “No, my house is closer and that’s where everyone’s at anyway.” “How do you know?” “I just got a text from my mom.” “Oh.” After that; silence. We walked quietly the rest of the way to my house. I walked in the door and past everyone and went up to my room. Mom must’ve known something was up because she followed me up. “Baby Girl, what’s wrong?” She asked. “I was dumb and kissed him. Well he kissed me but I kissed back.” I told her. “What happened after you kissed, Love?” She asked with the motherly worry apparent in her voice. “He broke it off because he’s 27 and I’m 17.

He explained it all and we walked back here in silence.” “Oh.” She said with relief in her voice. “I really like him, Mom. Why does this always happen? Why can’t I just be with the guy I like for once? This sucks.” I buried my head in my pillow and screamed and cried. Childish I know but I was mad, hurt, and embarrassed. “Baby, it will be alright.” I was about to talk again when we heard a knock on the door. “Rach? Lilah? Is everything okay?” “Come in, Frankie. I want you to meet your little girl officially.” The door opened and my father walked in. The second he did, I ran to him. “Daddy.” I said smiling through my tears. I finally knew my father after all these years of wondering who he was and where he was, he was here. “Hi ,Baby Girl.” “Are you staying with us now?” I asked him like a child. All my worries about Mikey were pushed aside. For now at least. He looked at me with tears in his own eyes and then at Mom and back at me. “I have a better idea. He said as he sniffled. Mom looked at him curiously. “Lilah, Rachel, how would you like to move to New Jersey to live with me?”