The Girl With the Black Book

Einundzwanzig

The Yule Ball was already here. Girls were trying to do some last minute things while the boys were trying to get themselves groomed. Bambi Rose was in her room, trying to use the make-up kit that her sister got for her in her second year. She found it handy. The make-up kinda worked, seeing as her burnt mark was still visible.

"You look very beautiful, Rose," Vormund complimented.

Bambi Rose was wearing a powdery blue strapless dress that reached up to her lower knees, a pair of white heels with a light peach ribbon on the sides, a fake diamond necklace that she bought accidentally, a pair of tree earrings, and silver bangles that rested on her left hand.

"Thank you, Vormund," Bambi Rose told him.

She took a stick of white eyeliner and applied lightly. She was practicing on herself when she watches her older sisters on how to do it. Piper was more generous than Joy and helped her more. After the eyeliner, she applied only a small amount of mascara. She thought she did a good job on her eyes. They seemed to pop out more, making the green look beautiful. She looked at the make-up kit and saw lip gloss. Bambi Rose grabbed hold of it and applied some on her upper lip and started smearing them on both her lips. Her nails seems fine, as they were a white color.

"Here's a gift from your Aunt Midge. She sends you best wishes," Vormund told her.

Bambi Rose grabbed hold of the box and opened it slightly. The locket. She grabbed hold of the note and read it to herself. 'Found this on my car seat. Better keep it safe with you. You never know who would want a fine piece of jewelry like yours. Signed, your Aunt Midge.'

Bambi Rose held the locket with her two hands and studied it. She opened it and she still saw her picture, confused and wanted to go to the other side. She didn't know why, though. She remembered the picture she had with Noël and herself. She grabbed hold of the picture and started cutting the picture of him in the shape of a heart. She placed the picture next to hers. They both looked at her confusingly, but still smiling.

Bambi Rose looked at her Aunt Midge's note, and saw some sort of writing in the back in the light. She flipped it over and saw something else. 'P.S. for it to work, press the star.' Bambi Rose looked in the front and clicked on it. The locket was now in one instead of two. But nothing happened. They were still confused and were at arms reach. Bambi Rose sighed and clicked on the diamond again. The locket was now in two. She took the picture of Noël and set it beside her.

Bambi Rose picked up a bottle of sweet fragrance and sprayed herself. She smelled the fragrance and noticed the smell of lavender and vanilla. She found them really pretty. She slipped the locket around her throat and was almost set, until Bambi Rose stopped herself. She grabbed hold of her black book. She looked at the pages. She seemed to be getting better and better with practice.

"Vormund, can you do me a favor?" Bambi Rose asked her bird friend.

"Anything, Rose," Vormund told her.

"I need you to send the black book to someone," she told him.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Noël was pacing back and forth, almost everybody's dates already arrived. He was a bit nervous. He was afraid that he stood her up, and only saw him as a friend, which he knew that it was what Bambi Rose thought. He was almost going to give up, until he looked up and saw something very beautiful. Bambi Rose seemed glowing. Her hair was down to her shoulder blades, her make-up was flawless, and she seemed like she was glowing. She smiled at Noël as she was going down the steps, clutching hard on the rails so she wouldn't fall.

She made it gently and walked toward him. Bambi Rose and Noël both went inside the Winter Wonderland dance floor. She never saw anything that pretty before in her life. She stood next to Noël and waited for the champions to come out. She did feel, however, glares. She felt like someone was burning a hole through her head. She ignored it and clapped when the champions came into the room. She kept ignoring the stares and turned around, when she was met with the cold, gray eyes that she remembered. She turned back around. Her brother, Terran, told her about what Malfoy said. She wasn't very pleased by it.

Everybody stood around the champions as they danced. She was giggling to herself when Harry was dancing with Parvati. Dumbledore was waltzing with Madam Maxime. Noël took Bambi Rose's hand and guided her toward the dance floor and began dancing with her. He was a marvelous dancer, Bambi Rose thought. The song was already over. The dance started to pick up more speed, which Bambi Rose was very glad of. But she was afraid somebody was going to smear her make-up on her arm. She remembered that she had to put on pounds and pounds of make-up to cover the burned mark.

"Oh look. Zere is my sister," Noël pointed out.

Bambi Rose looked to where he was pointing, and he was pointing to her brother's date. He grabbed hold of her hand and pulled her through the very tough crowd, until they were faced to face with with their siblings.

"Bambi, zis is my sister, Nessa. Nessa, zis is my date, Bambi Rose," Noël introduced.

"Hi. I'm sure you already know Terran," Nessa said.

Bambi Rose noticed the accent in them. Noël's accent was more French, while Nessa's was English.

"I do. He's my twin," she pointed out.

"Oh. Interesting. Noël is my half brother," Nessa said.

Nessa and Bambi were in a very interesting conversation, while Noël and Terran were in a conversation with themselves. Noël got bored with them and decided to take Bambi on a stroll. Bambi, of course, agreed. Noël started naming every plant there was in the garden, which Bambi was very interested in. She loved the plants, as to why she had high marks in Herbology.

"'Ogwarts seems smaller compared to ze Palace of Beauxbatons. I like it 'ere. I don't see why ze girls don't like it 'ere," he said.

"Maybe they think that Hogwarts is boring and stiff while at Beauxbatons is very high rated and popular," Bambi said.

"Maybe. I don't understand girls very much. Zats why I 'ave my sister," he stated.

"Why does your sister have an English accent and you don't?" she asked.

"My sister resided 'ere at 'Ogwarts. I live with my mother. My parents are separated. Very sad. My mum took claim of me while my dad got married with somebody else and 'ad Nessa. My dad lives somewhere in London," he stated.

"Must be interesting, to see your father in London," she said.

"Loads. I love the city. You should visit France with me. I could show you ze best places in France, and see where I grew up," Noël proudly said.

She just smiled, until she felt more stares coming from behind.

"It's ze Malfoy again. It was funny when your professor turned him into a white ferret," he said.

"Hm. Too bad I wasn't there. It must've been funny," she said.

"It was. I wish I could see it again and again. But, alas, it only 'appens once and will never 'appen again," Noël said, smiling at the memory.

And it was like that for the rest of the ball. She returned back to her dorms, in which Noël gave her a friendly kiss on the cheek. Bambi Rose had fun, but she always kept getting stares from Malfoy. And whenever she looked into his cold, gray eyes. Something was always in his eyes.

Jealousy. It was always jealousy in his eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Bambi Rose's outfit
Nessa Bonnet
x <---More pictures! I don't know if it looks like her, as it is Hermione. I'm not sure. What do my readers think?

I'm on a roll. I seem to get better and better with this story. I love it! And of course I'm not making Draco nicey nicey, Missterious. He will mature, but he will never be 'nice'. It's not in his nature. Not yet, anyway.