Over the Road and Through the Alleys; To a My Chemical Romance Concert We Go!

What Happened To You?

My eyes flew open as I awoke, but not half a second later I was gasping in pain. My leg felt like… it felt like it was on fire! I let out a scream of pain and clutched my leg. That just made matters worse. Any movement sent sharp pains running through my body so this action nearly made me black out again.

“Whoah, there. Stay still, try not to move.” I recognized the voice instantly… Why was he here? Of all the people in the world how was I lucky enough to have him here at this very moment?? I looked up at him, causing more shivers of pain to run through my body. His hair was short and black, like in the “I Don’t Love You” video, but instead of wearing a depressed expression, his beautiful faced showed only signs of worry.

“Are you okay?” Gerard Way asked as he gently eased me back down to the couch I was laying on. I was speechless. I couldn’t talk. Shock was overwhelming me. First I almost get raped or killed, then shot in the leg trying to escape, then I wake up to find the lead singer of the band I was trying to see in concert concerned over me. I must have been hyperventilating because Gerard’s concern grew more prominent on his face.

“Hey, Breathe. Like this.” And he took a deep breath in then let it out. Without thinking I followed his motions until I was calm again.

“You okay, Sugar?” that nearly set me off again, but I caught myself.

“No,” I grimaced through the pain, speaking with clenched teeth. “My leg… hurts!” He nodded understandingly.

“The doctor said you’d be in pain for a while. You shouldn’t walk unless you need to.” I nodded. I was getting used to the pain now. I sat there for a few minutes, processing the information, then looked at him in shock again.

“A doctor? You got a doctor here, just for me?” I asked, speaking easier now.

“Is that a problem?”

“No…” but no one has ever done that for me before… even when I broke my arm.. I looked down at my leg. There was a ton of white bandage wrapped around it. It almost looked like a cast… in fact… it was a cast! “What happened?”

“Well, We were wondering the same thing. I heard screams and pounding, so I opened the door. You collapsed and I grabbed you so you wouldn’t fall. I saw some men running out of the ally, but I wasn’t sure if that’s who gave you that wound.” He looked at me expectantly, and I looked up from my leg. My memories from what happened where very prominent in my mind.

“Y-yes, they were. But that’s not what I meant. I meant, what happened to my leg? What’s the damage?” If it was bad… I was gonna be in big trouble…

“The bullet broke your leg. The doctor had to remove the bullet, he cut you open for that, and then he had to set the bone back in place. After that he put you in a cast. He said that you shouldn’t be walking for a while.” Crap. They’re gonna be pissed I thought to myself. We sat there in silence for a few moments before Gerard spoke up again.

“I’m Gerard, by the way. You can call me Gee, everyone does.” I smiled slightly.

“Pheonix Lowry, and I know who you are.” I started to unzip my plain black hoodie to reveal my homemade My Chem. Tee. I couldn’t afford a real one, some I made one myself. The shirt had big black, spiraling letters with little roses, skulls, and bullets entwined with the letters. Then underneath that I had drawn a stunning replica of the cover of Revenge, my favorite CD. It had taken hours to make, just for this concert. One that I probably had missed. There goes 40 bucks down the drain. Well, at least you're sitting face to face with Gerard Way, right now. a voice in my head told me.

“Wow, That’s… That’s amazing! Did you draw that? It looks better than my drawings!” Gerard pulled me out of my thoughts, making me blush.

“It’s nothing. Not like drawing can get me anywhere anyway.” I muttered, still blushing from the compliment I had gotten from my idol.

“Hm..” Gerard looked like he greatly disagreed, but didn’t press on it. We sat there in silence for a few minutes before Gerard broke it again.

“Did you get these bruises tonight? They don’t look new?” He pointed to my shoulder where a rip was running along the seam. “These cuts look old too.” Before I could do anything he started to roll up my sleeve. He didn’t get far before gasping loudly.

“What happened to you?” The words I dreaded to hear.