‹ Prequel: Angel Warrior
Status: Active!

Sacrifice

.11.

Image

I gasped through the pain as Lucifer placed his hands back on my body.

More of my essence was pulled from me and into Lucifer, giving him more power to control.

Lucifer gave a blissful sigh, “Your energy tastes so much better every time you struggle.”

I glared at him as I slowly start to lose consciousness. My eyes lids grew heavy, my limbs became stiff, and my head started to ache.

“Getting down to the last-“

I struggle to keep my eyes open as Lucifer’s sentence ended in a strangled gag. Looking up I stare in shock as the hilt of a small sword protruded from Lucifer’s neck.

Gurgle-like sounds continued to emerge from Lucifer as a familiar battle cry split the air.

Still breathing hard I force my head to turn, hope rising as I watch my mother flying closer, my dad helping Mordecai up, and Fallah and Namir fighting the shadow demons.

As the last of my strength seeped out I watched as my mom gripped the sword’s hilt and jerked Lucifer’s head off.

As the devils warm blood splattered everywhere I blacked out.
~*~

Hunter gently laid his lifeless daughter on the temple’s stone floor, pillowing his shirt for her head to lay on.

“Oh God, please do something!” Caley cried, kneeling to brush the hair from Ariella’s face.

There isn’t much I can do, Caley.

The lion stepped closer, his wings lowered in sadness.

“Please, my Lord! She’s lived her life following your word, doing all she can to help others find their way home.”

I know, my daughter, but there isn’t enough of her soul to bring home. Lucifer absorbed too much of her before you decapitated him.

Mordecai looked up, “Will someone else be able to resurrect him?”

The lion shook his head, No, Lucifer is gone for good, but he also took Ariella with him.

Caley lifted a tear stained face, “Is there any way to get her back? Or at least get her home to heaven?”

The lion sighed, There would have to be a sacrifice of equal value so that I could make a trade.

“Take me.” Hunter spoke, his hand clutching Ariella’s.

More tear fell from Caley’s face as she shook her head, unable to speak through her sobs.

The lion looked at Hunter, I can’t do that. I need you to continue leading those down here.

Hunter growled, “She’s my daughter! I will do-“

“I’ll do it.”

Everyone turned to look at Mordecai as he stared at Ariella.

“I haven’t done much good in my life; I’ve only ever wanted to keep Kyna safe.”

Mordecai looked back at the lion, “But you’ve promised her safety, so I’m willing to return the favor.”

The lion stared at Mordecai, This isn’t a situation where you just return a favor, Mordecai. If you do this there will be no turning back.

“I know, but seeing Ariella’s courage and will to help those she loves has shown me how little I’ve done. All I ask is that you continue to protect Kyna.”

The Lord nodded, Are you sure?

“Yes,” Mordecai stated, looking down as Ariella, “After everything I’ve done it’s the least I can do.”

The lion looked to Ariella’s parents,Are you okay with this?

Hunter sighed, “She’s my daughter. I’d risk anything for her,” he looked at Mordecai, “thank you for doing this. You’ll never be forgotten.”

Mordecai nodded, “She deserves the best.”

Caley silently stood up, walking over and shocking Mordecai with a hug.

“I want to say that you shouldn’t do this,” she said quietly as her tears soaked into Mordecai’s shirt, “but she’s my daughter and I want her with me. Thank you, for this I will always think of you as family.”

Mordecai nodded and stepped back, “I’m ready.”

The Lord stepped closer, I’ll make this quick and painless.

Mordecai stared at Ariella as he felt his energy slip away.

His last thoughts were about how beautiful and peaceful she looked.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry about the wai... life's been a bit busy...

But I think there'll be one more chapter!

So... who likes Mordecai's choice?