Status: active..sort of..will update as soon as i can...

I am Not Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf

Meeting

My eyes opened to see my room already filled with the light of the sun.

“I’m late...”, I whispered as I rolled in my bed trying to see what time it was. It was already 10:21AM. Yup, totally late.

As I stood up, I looked around wondering why my Dad didn’t wake me up.

Last night, he was there waiting for me at the living room. I was afraid of what he might do to me but all he did was look at me from head to toe then without any word, he walked upstairs back to his room.

I was stunned by his actions yet too tired to think more about it.

Honestly, my body felt like I was buried 6 feet under the ground. It didn’t matter that I got some rest. The fact that I had gone through a beating made it even worse than before.

I rolled out of bed and went to the bathroom. I wasn’t actually that surprised as I saw how hideous I looked. I have scratches, bruises, marks and even some bleeding that I can’t tell where they’ve come from. Well, better not to know than be sad about it later on.

After washing up, I decided to take a walk. I don’t like being cooked up in my own house and this kind of opportunity didn’t just come my way often.

A few moments later, I heard my stomach growl of hunger. I just remembered that I haven’t had my breakfast yet and by now it was almost lunch time. And so, I’m off to the nearest restaurant I could find.

It was not too fancy but has that nice feeling surrounding it. It almost made me think of home.

As I entered, there weren’t too much people sitting but still the inside was full of life. A few couples here and there and some groups that are laughing and chatting with each other. Why don’t I know this place?

“Excuse me? Do you want to take a seat?”

I looked up to see a tall boy looming at me. He looked kind of familiar but then again, he must be studying at my school since he looks the same age as me.

“Oh..umm..yes..yes, please...”, I said nervously.

He smiled and directed me to a seat by the corner. As I waited for my order, I looked around to watch the people as they go on with their meals like there is nothing wrong with the world.

Do I envy them? Not really. Do I despise them for being as they are? Absolutely not. Do I want what they all had? Yes.

Sighs..it would have been nice if her mother was here. She would have loved eating in this restaurant. It was so homey.

“Miss? Miss?”

I snapped up to see that the waiter had already come with my order. I blushed at my inattentiveness.

“Thank you.”, was all I can say as he placed my order at my table.

“No problem. I guess you had a lot in my mind today. Don’t worry about it.”

All I could do was nod trying to ignore the awkwardness of the scene. I must have looked weird because after all, I still bear the marks of my beating from last night even if I somehow covered them up with make-up. He must have noticed them by now and then, he’s gonna leave.

“You want to talk about it?”

He got my attention again but all he did was cocked his head to the side and stared at me curiously. What caught me the most was that instead of leaving, he was willing to talk to me. That’s..new.

I must be staring at him too long because he suddenly sat by the chair across from me and asked again.

“Umm..not really. I-I don’t think so.”

“Well, I got time. You want to talk about something else?”

“I guess.”, I whispered lowly.

“Great! The name’s Bryan by the way. What about you?”

I hesitated for a moment but then complied because I’m sure after this, we won’t get to meet each other again.

“Noelle. My name is Noelle.”

“Well, Noelle, I guess you just made a new friend today.”, he said as he chuckled. Okay, now I’m confused.

“W-what do you mean?”

“What I mean is I think you’re a really nice person. So let’s be friends.”, he said as he reach out his hand. I looked at it then him. Is this guy serious?

“Umm..are you okay?”

He smiled again and said, “Of course, I’m okay. I just think you need a friend right now so here I am.”

I stared at him speechless. I’m not sure if this guy is telling the truth. Heck, I don’t even know him the first place.

“So? Are we friends?”

“You’re pretty straightforward, aren’t you?”, I said in question.

He shrugged and said, “Well, I am that but then again, I’m a very honest person. And I don’t lie to people who don’t deserve it.”

I stared back at him and concluded that it wouldn’t be so bad to talk to him. But the “friends” part is a no go.

“Okay, let’s talk.”, I said as I shook his hand.

He must have noticed my plan to change the subject because his eyebrows furrowed but he smiled nonetheless. At least, he was considerate.

“Sure. So, what got you in a daze this morning, my little friend.”

I dismissed what he called me and answered, “Nothing, really. Just slept in and missed school.”

“Oh, so is that the reason why you’re make-up is a bit..umm..how should I say this? Uhh..a bit hasty?”

I was so shocked by what he said that I almost jumped up from my seat. He steadied me by taking my elbow and balanced me in my seat.

“Hey, easy there. Are you alright?”

“I-I’m fine. Just..just felt something in my feet, that’s all.”, I lied.

“Well, good thing, I caught you. You might have hit yourself or something.”

“Yeah, thanks.”

“So, about the make-up. Well, don’t take this the wrong way but, if you want help, you can always ask someone.”

What he said struck me so hard, it’s as if I can’t breathe. How did he know? And why did his words sound so familiar to me?

“I..I’m sorry. I think..I think I need to go now.”, I said as I struggled at my seat to get away.

“Hey, wait. I’m sorry okay. I didn’t mean to make you uncomfortable. Please, don’t leave.”

He tried to catch my hand but I slipped away quickly as I hurried to the door.

I just gotten out of the building and started to walk away when someone grabbed me by the elbow. I know who it is but I can’t help but give a cry of alarm as memories of last night started rushing to my head.

Suddenly, I heard a growl out of nowhere and the pressure at my elbow disappeared. When I turned around, I saw the last person I expected to see.
♠ ♠ ♠
hey guys!

i am so so sorry for updating late...
to compensate i made 2 new chapters..i hope u like them..

pls keep on subscribing and commenting..well enjoy! thank you!