Status: Comments?

Let's Get Famous

One.

She hadn't seen him for a long time now.

She always had to try very hard not to think about Matt. If she did think too much about him then her vision would blur and her throat would become dry.

The truth was, Sam missed him.

She hated to admit it, but life became so boring without him around. She'd had to actually concentrate on washing the glasses and shining them every night, it wasn't like the old times. Before she would turn to the bar stools and he'd be sitting there. Smiling goofily at her as he waited for her to finish serving the next pint, just so he could capture her attention for five minutes.

They'd always spend hours on end talking to each other across that bar. It'd become so regular that even the boss had given up on trying to stop Matt from coming, after all Sam was still doing her job as well as she could. For a dead-end job that she'd never wanted to keep for long, she was paid reasonably.

Sam had wanted to work in the media. To film her life's work and show the world what she was truly made of. She'd planned her whole life as a director, with Matt being the actor to star in most of her films. Much like Johnny Depp was to Tim Burton. Unfortunately, life never really worked out as you'd wanted, lack of funds meant that she'd had to postpone her further education and more and more years went by without her ever stepping into her dream job.

Matt, on the other hand, had succeeded enormously in his career choice. Having secured many television, theatre and film roles he was set for the good times. Especially now that he had possibly the biggest role in the UK. He'd become the new Doctor, for the TV show Doctor Who. Judging by the fame David Tennant received, Sam was sure that Matt was in for the same. She knew he could fill his shoes successfully, but the time that he would be gone was what would affect her.

And it did.

She spent the next six months bored. She'd sometimes receive the odd text message or email from him, telling her how he was progressing and her heart would skip a beat. But recently that seemed to be dwindling. Matt didn't seem to want her in his life any more. Or at least, that's how Sam interpreted it.

As she served the next drink to an already intoxicated 18 year old another person sat on the stool furthest away from the till. Clearly he wanted to tick Sam off today by making her run around for his drinks like a headless chicken. He wore his hood up with a leather jacket on top, either he was really cold or he wasn't looking for attention. As it was already too hot to breath in the club Sam chose the latter.

She walked up to him swiftly, putting on her best fake smile.

"What would you like?" she asked. The man looked at her and she nearly squealed in delight, he smiled goofily at her from under his hood.

"Five minutes of your time?"

She chuckled before quickly checking there was no other customers waiting for her service. Once she knew the coast was clear she turned back to Matt, his eyes gleaming. She bit her lip, she desperately wanted to hug him. She'd missed him so much.

They'd talked for hours until her shift was finished. Sam dashing around to serve drinks in between conversation, it was like the old time's again. It was as if nothing had changed. Once her work badge was off she turned to Matt who smiled down at her, she reached out and hugged him as close as she could to her. As if he would disappear if she let go. She breathed in his sweet scent and looked up at him once she let go.

He let his hood down as most of the people had dispersed. He no longer needed to hide. Sam noticed his hair had grown and seemed more wild than the last time she saw him, his eyes were tired but his smile was genuine. She couldn't help but smile back.

"I got something for you," he said surprised, as if he'd just remembered. He reached out into the leather jacket and gave her an envelope. She looked at it for a second, her name written in his scraggly writing. She smiled before opening the envelope, a letter placed inside. She took it out and gasped.

He'd secured her a place at a media school.

"But Matt, I can't afford this," she said, trying to suppress her happiness for what he'd just given her.

"You don't need to worry yourself about that Sam, I'm going to get you through it."

"Matt I can't accept that, it's expensive."

"And I want to pay for it," he laughed, "anyhow, I'm waiting impatiently to be in one of your films," he laughed again and Sam smiled happily at him. Jumping into his arms momentarily and kissing him on the cheek.

"You're an angel Matt."

He offered his hand to her and she looked at it for a second before taking it.

"Come on Sam," he'd said, "let's go get famous."
♠ ♠ ♠
This is really cute.
Kudos to anyone who see's the Madina Lake reference in this. It's blindingly obvious.
My new found love for Matt Smith has now been shown :)
Comments are lovely!