Status: Complete

Broken Pieces Set Together

Chapter 2

I woke up with whispering voices around me as I was lying on the back of the Impala all wrapped in badges, my body was still sore from what happened and my head was resting on Jo’s lap.

“Hey there.” She greeted smiling down at me widely.

“Hey Jo, I missed you.” I smiled as she helped me up gently.

I wrapped my arms around her hugging her as I felt my whole body hurting.

“What happened?” I asked.

“Ask Dean.” Jo said stepping out of the car as I sat on the seat but with my legs out a little scared of standing up.

“I can’t…” I said.

“Don’t worry I’ll just call him.” Jo said running to her left.

I peeked my head out to find that we were very far from the town with nothing but some trees and a sound of a river not too far from where we were. Suddenly I heard footsteps running towards the car and Dean’s face stopped right in front of mine.

He was silent for some minutes but suddenly he pulled out of the car and into a tight embrace that hurt only at first but then I finally hugged him back.

“Hey Dean.” I said smiling.

I finally realized that I missed after all it had passed more than a year. Dean and I had everything to work out but hunting set in the way and I knew that I couldn’t let Dean abandon those who needed him just because I couldn’t hunt. So we had to part ways and it had been a year, now he was back.

“Hey Meg.” He said back hugging me even tighter.

“I’m sorry, I’m so sorry.” He said after we pulled away our eyes meeting.

“It’s alright. I’m alive aren’t I?” I smiled as he shook his head.

“It’s not that simple.” He said seriously.

“Come on Dean cheer up, you saved me.” I said caressing his face as he turned it to the side looking pissed at himself.

“You call that saving? A minute later and you’d be dead.” He said.

“Hey this was like a thank you!” I replied.

He mumbled words to himself when Sam and Jo approached us hand in hand.

“Hey Meg.” Sam greeted.

“Sammy!” I greeted happily hugging him immediately.

“Already arguing? You’ve been up for 5 minutes.” Jo laughed.

“We weren’t arguing!” Dean and I yelled at the same time, exchanging looks for a minute and then looking away.

Sam and Jo chuckled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sat carefully on one of the beds on the bedroom as Dean threw his dufflebag on the other bed with Sam and Jo following him.

“Well where are you guys heading next?” I asked as Jo sat beside me.

“We’ll stay a few more days to make sure the demons are gone and then check for another case.” Sam smiled at me.

“So are you taking me to my apartment now?” I asked.

“No. The demos might be there waiting for you.” Dean said.

“Well it’s getting late. Sam I’m going to bed.” Jo stated as she walked towards him and he kissed her lips softly.

“I’ll meet you there.” He smirked as she smiled at him and waved at me and Dean.

“Wait… does that mean I’ll share a room with…” I started turning my head to Dean.

“Yeah sugar with me.” Dean smirked taking a few clothes from his dufflebag as I sighed.

“See you tomorrow.” Sam left before I could protest on sharing my room with Dean.

“So… how have you been?” Dean asked.

“Wishing to return to hunting.” I answered coldly as I uncovered my bed and sat on it.

“Why?” He asked walking towards me and kneeling down to help me take my shoes since I was having a hard time moving.

“Dean working in a diner isn’t me and you know me damn it.” I said as we were staring at each other again.

“Meg I…” He started.

“Dean you have to stop blaming yourself, my hand is fine the doctor said it himself. It wasn’t your fault do you hear me? It wasn’t.” I said my face slowly approaching his, my hands on the sides of his face.

“I should have protected you.” He said.

“But you do. Every day even when you’re gone.” I smiled down at him.

Dean finally gave me a small smile as he moved his head up and closed the gap between us with a loving kiss. He moved me carefully laying me on the bed with himself on top of me kissing me like he never did before.

“I never should have left you here.” He said.

“What matters is that you’re back.” I smiled widely wrapping my arms around his neck and pulling him down kissing him passionately.

~~The next day~~

I breathed out, it was early morning but I couldn’t sleep. I knew Dean had to leave sooner or later but I didn’t want him to leave, I loved him and I wanted to be close to him. All I wanted was for him to take me along, I didn’t want anything else.

I turned around observing his perfect body sleeping on my bed with a steady breathing, I grinned laying again where I had been sleeping before and I crawled closer to him his arms going around me as I breathed in his scent. I had to make the best out of every moment.

Sam and Jo were carrying their dufflebags to the trunk of the car and Dean was standing in front of me looking at the horizon as I bit my bottom lip sensing what was going to happen and wanting to stop it. I didn’t want to be without Dean.

“Don’t go.” I said my eyes locking with his.

He seemed a little surprised because he wasn’t probably expecting me to say it that easily.

“You know I have to.” He said sadly.

“Then take me please… take me with you.” I said pushing him against me hugging him as my eyes filled with tears that I hadn’t cried in the last night he had said goodbye.

“Meg you know you aren’t ready.” He sighed placing his arms around my waist.

“I’ll train, I’ll be the best hunter you’ll know I swear. Please Dean I never beg for anything but don’t leave me here.” I said pulling away from his slowly.

Dean seemed to be in a inner fight with himself and suddenly Sam and Jo joined us.

“I think she should come.” Jo said.

“You wouldn’t have to take on the couple and…” Sam started.

“I’ll train a lot! I’ll do anything you want.” I said with hopeful eyes.

Dean cleared his throat, Sam and Jo returned to the car with anxious looks we were all waiting for his decision.

“Pack your stuff.” He smiled widely.

“I love you!” I yelled wrapping my arms around his neck smiling widely.

“I love you too Megs!” Dean yelled spinning me around in his arms.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment and let me know what you liked and even what you didn't!