Status: Finished

When She Cries

Chapter 34

Image

*Matt's P.O.V.*

The doctor had me on bed rest for a few days, much to my distaste. It was just my arm, it's not like it was much more than that! Oh well. It gave me a reason to keep Elle in bed with me.

Ever since she told me about the abortion, I've kept her close to me. I didn't want to upset Val with this, but she said it was fine and that she understood. I tried to get Elle to sleep in here with me at night, but she wouldn't. So Zacky or Jimmy would end up sleeping with her.

She still doesn't talk much, only when you ask her a question that she can't say yes or no to. When I can't get her to eat, Jimmy usually can. Everyone was worried about her, but she kept saying that she was fine. We could see past the fake smile, though.

"We should do something today," Michelle said, walking in and sitting at the end of the bed. Elle just kept her head on my chest and stayed silent.

"What do you think about that, Sweetie?" I asked, running my fingers through her hair.

"Like what?" She asked.

Michelle shrugged. "I don't know, go out to eat, or to a movie or something."

"We could do both," I suggested. "Do you feel up to it?" I asked Elle, not knowing how she was really feeling.

"That's fine," she said, shrugging.

"What movie do you want to see?"

"A comedy!" Jimmy yelled, running in and jumping on the bed.

"Which one?"

He scratched the back of his head. "The new one?" Michelle shook her head before pushing him off the bed. "One day, Woman! I will get you back!" He said, pointing at her from the floor.

I felt Elle shake slightly. Did she just laugh? I mouthed to Michelle. She smiled and nodded. Well that was a step...

"Why don't you go get Val and you two can get all prettified and stuff?" I told Elle.

She looked up at me, giving me a weird look. "Prettified?"

"Don't question your dad, Elle. There's no answers for his mental disability," Jimmy said, still laying on the floor.

"Dude, shut up," I said, throwing a pillow at him.

"Nope! 'Cause I can say shit now and you can't do anything about it!" He cackled, before running out of the room.

I went to move suddenly, but was brought down by the pain. I squeezed my eyes shut, holding my shoulder. "You don't think I'm pretty?"

My eyes snapped right back open when I heard those words fly out of Elle's mouth. "Oh, Baby, that's not what I meant. I just meant, you know... Uh, Michelle?" I totally screwed myself over with that one...

"He just meant pampering yourself, Sweetie. Remember? Men don't have a way with words most the time," she said, smiling softly.

Elle just nodded slightly, before getting up. "I'm just going to go take a shower," she said softly.

I sighed, running a hand down my face. "Fuck my life," I groaned.

"Don't worry, Matt, you're doing fine. She's just going to be a little more off right now until we get her back on track."

"And when will that be?" I didn't mean to snap, but I was just so damn frustrated. I didn't want Elle to be hurting like this, and there was nothing I could do about it.

"Matt," Michelle said in a warning tone.

"I know, I'm sorry."

"She's doing the best she can, Matt. I'm sure if it was any other girl, they wouldn't be holding up as well as Elle is," she said, before walking out of the room.

I just want my baby girl to be completely happy for once in her life

*Elle's P.O.V.*

I didn't mean to listen in to Dad and Michelle's conversation, it was mostly by accident. I didn't like frustrating him like this. The whole point of me getting rid of the baby was to make him happy again, not the other way around.

Why am I constantly screwing up?

I sighed, going to grab some clothes, before heading to the bathroom. I took a quick shower, before attempting to get ready. I didn't really know why, I wasn't trying to impress anyone.

"Someone's looking extra cute today." Zacky smiled, wrapping me into a hug.

You could say things between Zacky and I were getting better. Did I completely trust him like trust him with my life again? No. But was I giving him a chance? Yes. Why? Because I needed him... It was hard for me to admit that, but it was true. Yeah, I'm close with everyone else, but Zacky and I just, have this bond. It's hard to explain.

"What's the occasion? Why are we so cute?" He asked, keeping his arm around my shoulders as we walked to the living room.

"Dad told me to," I said, shrugging.

"I still don't see how he helped make you," he said, looking me up and down.

"You know you sound like a total creeper right now, right?" Johnny asked, laughing. Zacky shot him a glare, and Johnny held his hands up. "Just saying."

"What're you saying now, Short Shit?" Dad asked, walking down. He was freshly showered, shaved and dressed.

"Being an ass like usual," Zacky said.

"Look who's talking."

Before a fight could break out, Val stepped in. "Let's go, shall we?" Dad smiled, taking her under his good arm. All the guys did this to their respective girls, including Zacky. Gena had been around a lot lately. I think that was a sign that they were getting back together.

"You comin', Elle?" Brian asked, stopping to see that I hadn't moved yet. Everyone was already outside and in their cars. I gave a small smile and nodded. "Come on, Kid." He smiled, putting his arm around my shoulders.

Lunch was pretty quiet, on my part at least. Uncle Jimmy made sure to keep up random conversation and making everyone laugh. I just kept blanking out, I couldn't help it. My mind would just start to wander to different things.

"Elle?" Dad said softly, putting his hand on top of mine.

"Yeah?" I asked, looking to my left.

"Remember how I told you that we found a doctor that can do surgery on your feet to fix them?"

Fuck. Please don't start this...

"Well, I was going to go ahead and call him to tell him yes since you'll be on summer vacation in a few weeks."

I looked down at my lap, playing with my napkin. "No," I whispered, not caring if he heard me or not.

"What do you mean no?" I could hear the frown in his voice.

I sighed, trying to look anywhere but him. "It's not like I'm ever going to dance again, so it doesn't matter."

"Why aren't you going to dance anymore?" Leana asked sadly.

"Elle, I know what I said about your grades. But we're gonna put that behind us-"

"No, Dad." I looked at him straight in the eyes now. "I'm not dancing anymore. Ever."

Image

Image
♠ ♠ ♠
Clothes