Status: Finished

When She Cries

Chapter 35

Image

Dad sighed, shaking his head. "I don't think you should be so quick to make such a big decision. Dancing is your life, Elle."

"It was my life, it isn't anymore." That had come out a little bit too harsh...

"And why not?" He was suddenly becoming agitated.

"Why does it matter?" I shot back.

"Because you don't just stop doing something you love without a reason, Elle," Zacky said, jumping into the conversation.

"I have a reason, I just don't see why it needs to be voiced."

It was silent for a few more minutes, while Dad sat there, thinking. I knew he was thinking because he always had this certain look on his face when he did.

"I think you need to talk to someone," he said softly.

"What do you call what I'm doing right now?"

"I think he means a counselor," Uncle Jimmy said.

I looked up at Dad with wide eyes. "You want me to talk to a fucking shrink?!"

"Not a shr-"

"There is no way in hell I'm going," I said, quickly standing up and making my way out of the restaurant.

"Elle, wait!" I heard Brian call after me, but I didn't look back.

Thankfully, we were at one of the local diners close to the pier, so I headed straight for the beach. Once my feet hit the sand, someone grabbed my arm and spun me around. "Don't pull this, Elle," Brian said, his eyes showing disappointment.

"Pull what? Sorry that I don't want to be forced to talk to some whack job!"

"They aren't whack jobs, they're actually there to help," he sighed, running his fingers through his hair. "Matt just wants you to talk to someone. He thinks it'll help."

"Help what?" I snapped.

"Let you get a few things off your chest. Talk about Mike and what happened with that."

"I don't exactly feel like talking to a complete stranger about my life."

He looked at me fore a few moments. "I really think it will help."

I looked up at him and smirked sarcastically. "Well, that goes to show just how much you know."

I wish I could say that they had actually listened to me and respected my wishes, but that was just a dream. They had seriously dragged me to the hospital a few weeks later to get surgery.

I had tried everything. I ignored them, I yelled at them, I even resulted to throwing things at them (much to Jimmy's amusement). But they still didn't listen. They thought that they were making the right choice for me. Oh, by not giving me a choice?

When the nurse said that Dad and one other could sit in the room with me while I waited to go in, I just glared at her and told her no. I didn't want any of them around me. Truth was, I was trying to plan my escape as soon as I was left alone. That hadn't worked out too well, though. Apparently they were expecting that.

Once I thought I was out the door, I had ran into someone. A very tall, tattooed someone. I glared at Jimmy's ass as he carried me back into the room and put me in the bed. He had even resulted in laying on my legs until they took my into surgery.

He was so going to get it...

When I started coming out of the haziness, I looked around at my surroundings. I was back in the room, but my feet were totally numb. That was going to take some getting used to...

"Damn, bastards! You are all a bunch of creeps! Easy access my ass." A feminine voice was to my right.

"We've got a lively one," I heard Zacky snicker.

"Who is that?" I asked softly, my voice still rough from sleep.

"Hey, you're awake," Zacky said, smiling down at me. "How do you feel?" I gave him the how do you think I feel? look. "Right... Sorry..."

"Who is that?" I asked again.

"Oh, um... What's your name?" He asked politely.

"Zacky Vengeance," she said, shock evident in her voice.

"That's actually my name..." Zacky said, looking at her confused.

I smacked him. "No shit, Sherlock, she's obviously a fan," I said, rolling my eyes.

His eyes widened in realization. "Sorry," he said, smiling sheepishly.

"So, what's your name?" I tried this time.

"Oh, sorry." It was her turn to smile sheepishly. "My name's Alley."

I smiled. "Nice to meet you, Alley. What're you in here for?"

Her cheeks reddened a bit. "I got into a fight with my stairs..."

Zacky and I looked at each other confused, then back at her. "Come again?"

"I'm not the most graceful," she muttered.

Zacky smiled. "Well, you and Elle will get along just great! She may be graceful while she dances, but not in general..." This earned him another slap from me. "What the hell, Woman?! Aren't they supposed to have you on some dopey ass meds or something where you're nice to everyone?" I shot him a glare and he shut up. "I'm just gonna... Yeah." He stood up and left the room.

"How do you know him?" Alley asked curiously. She seemed really sweet, not like those other stupid, ass fan girls who pretty much just use you for information and crap.

"He's one of my dad's friends."

"Really? That's so cool. What does your dad do?"

"Well, he actually-"

"Hey, Baby. How you feelin'?" Speaking of the Devil...

Alley looked at me, her mouth hanging open. I laughed softly. "Uh, Dad. This is Alley. Alley, this is my dad..."

Dad looked over and smiled. "Nice to meet you. I'm glad Elle has someone to talk to while she's here."

Alley moved her gaze from Dad to me. "You are one lucky fucking duck."

"Duck?!" Uncle Jimmy came running in.

"Down, Boy," Dad said laughing. "There's no duck."

Jimmy pouted, looking at Alley and frowning. "I was gonna say, you don't look like a duck to me."

I shook my head, giving him a weird look. "Anyways... Dad, since you so nicely dragged me down here against my wish, can you at least please go get me some coffee?"

Dad sighed. "At least she said please," Jimmy said, shrugging. "Come on." He pulled Dad up and walked him out of the room.

Alley looked back at me with a huge grin. "You are so lucky."

"I take it you’re a huge Avenged fan?"

She nodded animatedly, smiling. "I'm not some creepy fan, though." I just laughed at her excitement.

"So who were you just yelling at?" I asked curiously.

"Those damn nurses!" She huffed, laying back down. "They made me take out my lip piercing and made me put on this damn hospital gown. Some people may like breezes, but I don't! I don't exactly like the fact of a huge slit for everyone to see my ass!"

"I know, right?!" I laughed, nodding my head.

She smiled. "I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship."

I actually liked the sound of that...

Image

Image
♠ ♠ ♠
New character! :) She is based off of http://member.mibba.com/83616/. She is one of the one's that have been with me since I started writing on here :)