Status: Finished

When She Cries

Chapter 43

Image

I was sitting by the window just reading, when Jimmy walked over. "What are you doing over here, all by yourself?" He asked, cocking his head to the side.

"Just reading," I said, shrugging.

"But why? There's a lot more better things to do than read." He acted as if it was some sort of disease...

I shut the book and gave him a blank look. "Like what? We haven't done anything all day because there isn't much we can do since I'm under age."

He sighed. "Elle, we came to have fun and forget everything, put it all behind us."

"And you're point?"

"You don't seem to be doing that."

I rolled my eyes. "I am doing that. You don't need to get on my case," I said, standing up.

"I'm not trying to get on your case, Elle. I'm just saying that it doesn't seem like you're having a good time."

I sighed. They just didn't understand that this was their place to go and relax. But there really wasn't much that I could do since I was under age.

After finding another place to just sit and read, Dad came and found me. "Hey, Elle. I just wanted to let you know that we were going to go out. Have a few drinks, maybe gamble a bit. We'll have our cells on us though." In other words, they were going to go out without me.

I nodded, turning back to my book. "Have fun." What else was I supposed to say? Don't go? Oh, yes, because that would go over so well.

"We'll be back sometime." He leaned down and kissed my forehead. They all said their good-bye's before heading out.

Instead of sitting here, doing nothing, I spontaneously grabbed the hotel key and walked out of the room. I didn't want to just sit here by myself and do nothing. Leaving me alone with my own thoughts is dangerous. Better that I get out of this damned room and adventure.

I walked around the hotel a bit, just seeing what was around it. Most of it was slots and poker, all of which I wasn't old enough to even be around. So, I settled on going outside to get some fresh air.

The city was busy and filled with people. But all the lights and buildings made it beautiful. A lot of people weren't for big cities and commotion, but I thought it was okay. Not for something permanent, though. I liked the beach and ocean way too much.

"What are you doing out here by yourself? You should get inside, Miss. It's safer in there," one of the Doormen said. I gave him a polite some and walked back in. He was right, I probably would be safer inside.

When I walked by one of the tables, my stomach knotted. Sitting at the table was Dad and a few of the guys. I ducked down, hoping none of them saw me. I made it to the elevators safely, before my arm was grabbed. At first, I started freaking out, until I saw it was only Brian. "God, Brian, you scared me."

He was giving me the look and I knew I was in a shit load of trouble. "Let's get back up to the room," he said, pulling me onto one of the elevators. The whole way up was silent, and felt awkward. But once we reached the room, I wished it had stayed that way. "Are you insane?! Do you know what could have happened to you if someone had gotten a hold of you?"

"I wasn't doing anything wrong. I was just walking around."

"Yeah! In a place you have never been and know nothing about!"

"Well, I'm sorry that I was bored because I was left alone," I said, crossing my arms over my chest and looking away.

He sighed. "I'm sorry, Elle. I just got worried when I saw you. I don't want anything happening to you."

"I wasn't looking for trouble."

"I know you weren't, but that doesn't mean something can't happen to you." He walked over and pulled me into his arms. "I'm just glad you're safe."

"Why wouldn't she be safe?" We jumped, hearing Dad's voice. We hadn't even heard the door open. "Well?" He raised his eyebrows, waiting for an answer.

Brian gave me an apologetic look, before turning to Dad. "She was down stairs, so I brought her back up."

Dad's face went from confused, to blank, to angry. "What?!" I flinched at his angry voice.

"Matt, don't worry, we already talked and everything's taken care of," Brian said, trying to calm Dad down.

"Thank you for what you've done, Brian. But I can take it from here." I shot Brian a glare before Dad went off again.

I sat on the bed, just listening to what he had to say, or yell was more like it. He wasn't letting me say anything at all.

"You really don't think, do you?" He sighed frustratedly, running a hand through his hair. "Do not leave this room for any reason. I'll be back later." He turned and walked out of the room, slamming the door behind him.

I kept my gaze on the floor, not moving. I knew Brian was still standing there, but I did not want to speak to him. "Elle-"

"Not now, Brian," I mumbled, walking to the bathroom and closing the door behind me.

This was supposed to be a trip to forget everything and put all the crap behind us. Now, it didn't seem like that was happening. I had just totally messed all that up. All the progress we had made, was now down the drain. Why did I always have to screw things up?

*Brian's P.O.V.*

I didn't mean for Matt to go off on her like that. I know he was only concerned, I was too. But, now Elle was upset and thinking God only knows what.

"Matt, don't you think you were a bit harsh on her?" I asked, catching back up with him.

"Thank you for your help with Elle, Brian, but I don't need your advice on this."

It was best to leave him alone and let him cool off at a time like this. When he gets in these moods, there was no reasoning with him.

Image

Image
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry, you guys! I have been so busy with my job, trying to get Christmas taken care of, plus I'll finally be starting my college classes in a few weeks. I'm going to try to get a bunch of updates out in the next few days. I'll try to update on my days off. Those are few and far between, though. Not that I'm complaining! Because I need those hours... But, yeah.

By the way, this story will be ending the next chapter or the one after that. Then, I will for sure be starting a new one. This time, you'll have no idea where it came from! It's not with the characters that I usually write with, such as Avenged and Bam. You guys will just have to wait and see! (It's experimental, so hopefully you guys like it)

Thank you so much for sticking with me!