Sequel: Contagious Chemistry
Status: READ THE SEQUEL:D

Summer Is When Everything Could Happen

First

The sun was blazing down while I helped Patrick loaded our gears into the van. Every instruments, packed in their own cases, set neatly inside the trailer.

“Shit, Pat, how did you do this?”, I asked in amazement. I meant, not to underestimate him, he’s a guy, so I thought he wouldn’t be this neat.

He shrugged his shoulder. “It’s like Tetris, Ally.”

I rolled my eyes and accepted his high five. After he pulled down the trailer’s door, I ran inside my house and called for my band mates. Dana ran down from upstairs, with her acoustic guitar in hand, while Lance walked out from the kitchen with a bag of Doritos.

“Is it time?”, Dana asked me with eyes lit up. “Is it really time for us to go to Warped again?”

I nodded. “Yeah. I can’t believe it. We’re going to Warped Tour for the second time!”

“Believe it, Kiddo.”, Pat suddenly appeared beside me. “But we won’t make it to the first venue, if we don’t hurry up.”

“Let’s go guys!”, I threw my arms up in the air. We did our group high five and settled into the van. Pat offered to drive first while Dana sat shotgun. I was in the first row of the backseat, messing around with our tour manager, Ray.

Along the ride, we sang to Blink 182 and joked around. As we left Arizona, I looked out the window and saw the sun, setting down into the horizon. My cheek was pressed onto the window and let the warmth crept in.

I’ll be gone for the whole summer and left all of Arizona behind. Our merch guy, Max, started to play You And I by Anarbor on his acoustic guitar. My eyes were begging to close, and I let them, pulling me into my dreams.
**************
“We’re here!”, Dana’s screaming broke through my ears and my eyes snapped open, greeted by the blinding sun. I stretched out my arms and body before getting out from the van.

When I got out, the damp, hot air filled my nostrils. The smell of the wet grass joined the air. I wiggled my toes inside my red Converse before slapping my Rayban to cover my eyes.

Dana looked around and screamed again when she saw who was coming towards us. She ran to the curly blond and jumped onto him. I rolled my eyes and walked towards them.

“It’s too early to see you guys, already being a sweet couple.”, I groaned and crossed my arms.

“Someone’s being a buzz kill.”, Zack Merrick chuckled and let Dana down, but pecking her lips before.

“I’ve been told.”, I rolled my eyes and smiled to the lanky guy beside him. “Hey Jack.”

“You remembered me!”, Jack suddenly scooped me into a hug bear hug.

I laughed and hugged him back. After a little chitchat, they excused themselves to go back to the bus. I pulled Dana back to the van to get our gears out. When we were already near, we saw Pat was talking to two guys.

Pat waved at us when he noticed us, and one of the guy smirked to us. I narrowed my eyes at him and he just kept on smirking.

“Well, hello. I’ve never seen you two before.”, the guy said with his player tone.

Dana shifted her weight and tilted her head to the side. “Me either. Are you guys in a band?”

The one with the glasses nodded. “Yeah, we’re in The Summer Set?”

“Oh, yeah, I’ve heard you guys. I dig your songs!”, I added.

“Really?”, the first one had his brow raised. “Well, then, are you digging me out?”

Dana scoffed and rolled her eyes. He turned his attention to her and a smirk plastered back on his face. “You’re feisty. I like feisty girls.”

“Keep it in your pants. She already has a boyfriend.”, Pat chuckled. The guy chuckled as well, but the one with the glasses nudged him on the ribs.

“Well, your boyfriend doesn’t needs to know.”

I stepped forward, in front of Dana. “Well, if you insist getting your head rip off by Zack Merrick, well, go ahead.”

I could feel Dana smirking behind me and I couldn’t fight the urge to smile victoriously. The guy had his mouth hung open before he took a step back. “I think I have to go.”

“You should.”, Dana hissed, with venom dripping from her every word.

He let out an awkward wave before walking away. I rolled my eyes and turned my gaze to the one with the glasses. He shook his head and looked down to his feet. “I’m sorry about my brother.”

“That jerk is your brother!?”, I gasped and asked in the same time.

He nodded. “Yeah, he’s kind of a player. So, I suggest you two don’t fall for his games.”

“We won’t.”, Dana assured him.

“Anyway, I’m John.”, he introduced himself to us.

“I’m Ally and that’s Dana. Nice to meet you, John.”

John smiled. “Anyway, I have to catch up with my brother. Meet you guys soon?”

We nodded in unison, and he gave Pat a manly hug before walking away. Dana sighed and leaned onto the van. “This is going to be one hell summer.”
♠ ♠ ♠
so,first chapter!
this goes out for Ally,one of my bestest friends
enjoy!
<3