Sequel: Contagious Chemistry
Status: READ THE SEQUEL:D

Summer Is When Everything Could Happen

Seventeenth

After the whole accident, I accompanied Stephen back to the arena. The ride back with a cab was quiet, but it wasn’t the awkward quiet type, it was more the we-don’t-know-what-to-talk-about type. Stephen leaned his head on my shoulder and I didn’t mind. He had a rough night, the huge bruise on his cheek was the evident.

When we arrived, I paid the cabbie and helped Stephen out. He had his arm around my waist as we walked to his van. The arena was already quiet and empty, probably just with some techs whose still packing up the bands’ equipments. Stephen’s hand which was still on my waist, made me blush.

His touch radiated his warmth, his presence next to me made my heart accelerated. I still wanted to be with him, but my little heart told me that he would cheat on me again. When we were already in front of his van, he sighed a bit.

“What’s wrong?”, I asked in whispers.

Stephen’s hands cupped my face and made me looked up to him. “I know this is our last night together.”

“No, it’s not.”, I shook my head without shaking his hands off. “It’s only a week away until we meet again for the east coast run.”

“But, after this, what will happen?”, he asked with his puppy eyes. “You won’t be with me.”

My tongue wanted to say I will, but something held it back. I just looked down and released his hands off my face. “I actually want to, but I’m sorry Stephen, I’m not ready yet.”

His face fell like his hands to his sides. I rubbed his upper arm and smiled a little. “I’m so sorry.”

Before he could say anything, I walked away because the tears that almost fell down. The van was the last place I wanted to be alone so I decided to go to the main stage, where some constructors were trying to get it into pieces. I just leaned forward onto the barricade, letting the tears finally streamed down.

My heart was like a hurricane, emotions and thoughts were swirling around, telling me what to do. I looked down to the dark ground. When my body shook hard because of the sobs and whimpers, a pair of arm wrapped around my shoulder. I looked up and saw Lance’s blinding pearls.

“What are you doing here? I thought you suppose to be in the bowling alley.”, I muttered as I wiped away my tears.

“You really thought we would let our best friend cry on her own?”

I cocked my eyebrows. “We?

“Hey, girlie.”, Dana and Pat suddenly appeared behind Lance.

“Guys.”, I gushed and threw my arms around their necks.

Lance joined our group hug and I realized how blessed I am to have friends like them.
************
“What’s up you guys!?”, I screamed through the microphone as I ran back up to the stage. The crowd roared in reply. When I was already in front of my mic stand, I slung my Gibson Hummingbird across my torso.

“As you know, this is our last show for the west coast run.”, I said as I strummed randomly. The crowd awed and some of them screamed my name. I smiled and took a deep breath. “I’m going to sing a song, performed by a band who’s a great friend of mine. Here’s Vegas by All Time Low.”

The crowd screamed as I strummed the intro part. My eyes peeked to the side of the stage where my friends were smiling proud at me.

Tonight, we lie awake
Remember how the coffee made us shake
on those long drives?
One more long night

Another seven days
Heartbeat racing
The interstate, my home tonight
For one more long night
I'm sure as hell the happiest
I've ever been

We can't hide, we let go
We've got more than we know
My friends are a different breed
My friends are...

There's a ghost in this room
I think I'll name it after all of you
And watch it hang over my bed
like decorations celebrated
Memories, they came and went
in light of all the time we spent
Listening to everything
our parents told us not to take in

Now make a change
I'm counting down
The mile marks to every town
And falling more in love
With the distance put between us


“Hey guys, give it up for Alex Gaskarth!”, I screamed and motioned to Alex who was standing side stage, with his eyes widened in shock, to come on up. Vance gave him a microphone and Dana pushed him out. the crowd screamed hysterically when he was out, especially some girls who were behind the barricade.

Alex faked a glare at me and I just stuck my tongue out to him. I took a deep breath before we sang together.

We can't hide, we let go
We've got more than we know
My friends are a different breed
My friends are everything
Make this last, take it slow
We've got it all figured out for now
So let us live our lives without a doubt

Tonight we lie awake
Remember how the coffee made us shake
on those long drives?
One more long night
Another seven days
Heartbeat racing
The interstate, my home tonight
For one more long night

From coast to coast, I'll make the most
Of every second I've been giving with this crowd
Without a doubt, you're all I dream about
At night we lie awake
With stories taking us back
to the nights we felt alive
The nights we felt alive

I would've married you in Vegas
And you've given me the chance to say I do
Couldn't make it anymore obvious, could you
Be anymore obvious

I would've married you in Vegas
And you've given me the chance to say I do
Couldn't make it anymore obvious, could you
Be anymore obvious, could you?


I finished off with my guitar and exhaled. The crowd clapped their hands and screamed. “Guys, give it up for Ally Smith, she nailed my own song.”, Alex wrapped his arm around my shoulder and pulled me closer in a friendly manner.

“Alex Gaskarth, everyone!”, I pulled my mic off its stand. We intertwined our fingers and took a bow together before walking off the stage. I gave my guitar to the tech and all of my friends who gathered in the back stage gave me a hug or a high five.

We walked to the caters’ tent where everyone was enjoying their lunches. After I took my food, I decided to sat down with all of my new friends. Jersey was trying to balance his spoon on his nose, with Mike’s bet.

My eyes wandered to the tent and saw John with his friends in their table. He just looked down to his food, stabbing it with his fork. He didn’t even notice me. Suddenly, he stood up with his plate and walked off.

I excused myself from the table and caught up with him. John dumped his plate on the trashcan before sitting down in a picnic table outside the tent. He had his back to me and I encouraged myself to just tap his shoulder.

After a deep breath, I tapped his shoulder and he looked up. when he saw it was me, he narrowed his eyes before looking down again. “What do you want?”

“John, can we talk?”, I asked, unsure and hoping he would say yes.

Before he answered, I counted my heartbeat and when I almost reached for 30, he nodded a bit. I smiled a little and sat down in front of him. we stayed quiet and John wouldn’t look up.

“John.”, I tried to take his hand but he snatched it back, crossing his arms. “John, look at me.”

He finally looked up and there were dark circles around his eyes. “What?”

“John, I’m sorry.”, I sighed. “I like you a lot, but I love Stephen. Like and love is a whole different thing. I don’t know who should I choose, but you have to know, that you’re a very special person to me.”

John’s eyes stare at me, and I couldn’t look straight into them. I looked down instead and suddenly, his cool hand stroked my cheek. “Like I said, I’ll wait.”

I looked up again and he smiled. I had to smile back. “Thank you, John.”
♠ ♠ ♠
a week break doesn't mean this story ends
and there's a surprise for Ally when she's home
o yeah,we love surprises don't we?;)
<3