Status: In the makings...

Are You Scared Yet?

Seize.

I sent Marie elsewhere to get ice at the far end of the hall with the bucket, even if there was an automatic ice maker in here. I knew she needed to escape for a moment, as I needed to personally murder Tobias. Once I was certain I heard the door gently shut, I pinned Tobias to the ground, grunting.

“What the hell are you trying to pull off? Do you want me to tear you to shreds, here and now?” I squinted my eyes shut after seeing a smirk grow on his face.

I grasped him by the neck and hauled him to the window where I held him out into the sunlight. Tobias wriggled, but rather than for air, it was his senses driving him wild due to a sudden increase of thirst. One thing that every vampire knew was to avoid the sun. No, we don’t burn, melt, or sparkle. Our craving goes up at least ten fold. “Pull another stunt like that and you’ll die of dehydration.” I flung him back into the room, hurling to the ground. Humans are sensitive; you can’t just throw things at them like that.

I heard footsteps—not those of Marie, but of another person, a man—and turned.

“Brendan, my good sir, you mustn’t be harsh.” Keith said peacefully.

_______________________

In the end, we both ended up apologizing. I was out of line, big time. I overreacted to Tobias telling her the truth and nothing but it, and he didn’t say a word which was very misleading. Keith had politely escorted him back, requesting that next time he decided to stop by he would say so ahead of time.

I sighed in relief that it was all over by the time Marie had walked in, yet she had a petrified look on her face. “Marie, did something happen out there?” I questioned, knowing that they must have bumped in to each other. She came in quickly though, so they couldn’t have conversed long if so.

She just shook her head no, looking down while murmuring, “Nu-uh.” and sat on the bed. “Please, explain.” Marie sounded pitiful, which wasn’t the normal her. She looked at me with eyes that were accepting, which added some comfort on my behalf.

“Which part do you want first, the royalty or… yeah.” I replied.

“Yeah…” She muttered, repeating how I said it. “Let’s start with the first one.”

I was thankful to have Keith there who described all of the specific details of the importance of my role, which half of it I wasn’t aware of either. All in all, he spoke of how I was a prince and next in line for the throne. He explained that I honestly don’t have to make up anything or do much anything than approve of things by the council, but I am allowed to step in and take action.

Marie was now curled up in a ball on my bed, except I was sitting next to Keith on his. When she sighed after being silent for a long time, listening and waiting, we leaned forward to hear her response. I was to tense to shiver from being nervous. What will she think? If she wishes, she can walk out right now, but won’t this disturb her, dwelling among those who haven’t a clue? Let alone, will the law let her live after knowing?

“Okay,” Marie pulled a pillow close to her. “Let’s say that this is all read, and my imagination isn’t trying to trick me in a ridiculous dream. You’re apparently royalty, so what’s my part in this? And…”—she swallowed back—“No, just answer that… for now.”

Keith glared at me, then nodded his head towards her mouthing, “Tell her.”

I got up, sighing, and sat down next to her. I saw her legs flinch away from me, but she gave me eye contact, unlike how she’d been staring at the ceiling the entire time. “Marie… I came here in search for my heroine—basically, my love. It was predicted that she’d be here. Then, I found you. You don’t have to answer me now, but eventually, I need an answer as to… well, would you want to come with me?”

She sat upright, opened her mouth to answer with a unquestionable look on her face, but I put a finger over her lips. “Think about it before you answer, Marie.”

Marie nodded, then grabbed my finger, soon enough my whole hand, and placed it on her lap wrapped around her hands. “Okay. But Brendan, I just have one thing that I truly want to ask right now. If you’re… royalty, what exactly does your family rule over?”

I sighed, knowing that I’d have to tell her eventually. “This isn’t a lie, a story, or a movie. This is real life, Marie, and I’m only going to tell you the truth. Keith will back me up on that. Remember when Tobias” —she narrowed her eyes at the name, obviously not happy about hearing it the slightest bit—“mentioned vam—”

“Yes…” She interrupted, making me assume that she wanted me to get to the point. All I did was nod my head, and her expression shared both shock and disbelief. “No… so it’s real… So you rule…?” She couldn’t finish her words, so I did it for her.

“Marie, vampires are real, and Tobias”—she did the same eye movement—“didn’t lie. My family rules over the vampire existence, and I want you to be my heroine.”

Keith smiled, content that I finally said it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this took so long.
I was focused on a book report and an essay.. and a cure for writer's block.
Thank goodness it's all over! :D

Soo, yeah. Finally got the words out.. about time if I say so myself.
Now, for the REAL part of the story to come! ♥