Status: In the makings...

Are You Scared Yet?

Quinze.

"Royalty?! Brendan, what the hell? Why didn't you say anything? Did you somehow not think someone would like to know something like this sooner?" I exclaimed, playing with my hair, tugging on it lightly. Normally, when I was nervous, or anything, I’d play with my paperclip necklace that used to be always around my neck, but I lost the paperclips so all I had to play with was my hair.

Everything in the suite was gorgeous and very expensive looking, it was almost overwhelming. I shook my head, taking my eyes from everything and looking back to Brendan. It seemed like Brendan could have nothing but the best, if even that was good enough for him. At first, I was afraid to touch anything – never mind being too in awe to do much (and maybe Brendan had to literally carry be up here because I couldn’t move) – but after a few minutes, Brendan snapped me out of it.

“Marie…” he started, stepping closer to me, running a hand through his hair.

“I mean, sure, you’d probably have a whole bunch of other fakes hanging around you twenty-four seven, but seriously?” I asked, biting on my lower lip, my hand still tugging on my hair.

“Marie–” Again, I cut him off, moving over towards his bed – it looked to be able to fit fifty if nor more with room to spare.

“How can you? I mean–” I waved my hand for a reason even I didn’t know until he cut me off, I looked at him, a bit confused as to why he cut me off.

“Marie!” He said loudly, gathering my attention.

“Well, if you wanted my attention, you didn’t have to yell.” I frowned slightly, crossing my arms over my chest. Maybe a bit childish, but still, I believed I had the right to be like this.

As he started to explain something or another, the door to his bedroom opened. I snapped my head over, my arms falling to my side. A boy around our age walked in, saying Brendan’s name, but stopped when he saw me. “And what do we have here, Brendan?” He asked, one moment by the door, the next he was right in front of me. I gasped slightly. He took my hand, bowing slightly and leaned to kiss it.

I jerked my hand away, taking a step back. I grasped Brendan’s hand, not liking this guy at all. “It’s alright, Marie,” Brendan assured me. “This is my friend, Tobias, Tobias, this is Marie.” I don’t know why, but I felt as if there was some sort of underlying message there, one I couldn’t decipher.

“Marie? Oh, I’ve heard so much about you.” I seriously didn’t like him, he scared me.

“Brendan,” I whined softly, stepping closer to him. He just smiled softly down at me.

“Have you told her yet?” He guy asked, raising an eyebrow effortlessly.

“Told me what?”

“No, I don’t want to scare her, she’s scared enough right now because of you.”

“Told me what?” I asked a little louder.

“Nothing,” Brendan said quickly, shaking his head. I furrowed my eyebrows at him, frowning.

The guy smirked slightly chuckling. I glanced at him confused, biting my lower lip lightly, no matter what Brendan said, I did not like this guy a single bit at all. “You mean you haven’t told her, your very own heroine, that you’re a vampire, I’m a vampire, she’s technically surrounded by vampires?”

What the fuck?
♠ ♠ ♠
:m
Marie doesn't like Tobias. Nope!
xD