You Turn Away From All the Things That I've Been Trying to Say

You Had Me At Hello, Baby

I am so fucking late. I should have been at the job site a half hour ago and I am just getting here. I hope I don't get fired. This is my second job being the actual wardrobe manager for a music video. It's my dream job and I've worked my ass off to get another management position. This job is for a rock band called Hinder and their video Use Me. I've been listening to the music nonstop and I was thrilled when I got the job. Unfortunately, I went out partying last night and my alarm clock didn't go off this morning and I am beyond late. I pull my new Mazda-3 into the parking lot for the job and I see the wardrobe trailer. I park next to it. The video is taking place in a huge mansion in LA, not far from where I live with my twin sister. I get out of my car and grab my purse and throw the lanyard that the firm where I work gave me, to give me full access to the set of the video. I walk over to the trailer and see a guy that I work with wheeling a rack of clothes out of the trailer.

"Hey, I'm sorry I'm late. My alarm didn't go off."

"It's fine. Just help me. I didn't tell anyone you weren't here, so don't say anything else." He says.

"Thanks Jimmy." I smile and help him wheel the rack into the mansion.

"This place is huge." I say.

"Yeah." We wheel the rack of clothes into a room downstairs. The whole place is filled with blond girls in tiny black outfits. Nice.

I sort some clothes by size and I get to order some people around, which is fun for me. I grab a lint roller from a table and run it over a coat when the door to the room opens and a short guy with blond hair and a lanyard like mine leads in five guys that I know are the band. I walk over and say hello and get introduced to the guys. The very last guy struts in on very long legs. He has a short brunette on his arm, but I'm too busy looking at him to notice her right away. His black hair is shaggy and longish and he has tattoos on both of his arms. He has sunglasses on and a killer smile. I hold my hand out to him.

"Hi, I'm Madison, the wardrobe manager." I say. He shakes my hand and smiles at me.

"Hey. I'm Austin." His girl nudges him, "And this is my fiancee, Jami." She gives me a snide smile and holds her hand out daintily.

"Hi." She says. He looks down at her.

"Baby, why don't you go stand over there and I'll get this shit done." She gives him the same smile that she gave me and swings her ass over to the wall where he pointed out. He looks back to me.

"OK, what do you need me to do?"

"Um, why don't you check out some of the stuff we have here. If you have any questions or need anything let me know." He gives me a genuine smile and walks past me. I turn and observe the back of him like a idiot and then I make my way to some of the other guys, checking in. One of the guys needs some measurements so I do that and I look past him while I'm measuring and I look at Jami. She's watching Austin like a hawk. I roll my eyes, I can't stand girls who are that clingy and protective of their men. If you can't trust them, don't be with them, that's what I say. I ignore her until I hear Austin call out and I move over to him.

"Hey, can we check these pants?" He asks.

"Yeah. Here, let me measure your inseam and we'll see if their gonna fit." I say and bend over with my tape measure. I look up at him and he's smirking. I stand up and shove the pants into his hands.

"Don't be a pig, Winkler." He laughs.

"I didn't say anything."

"Do you want a trophy?"

"No, baby. I'm good." I roll my eyes and look over his shoulder at Jami. She's giving me the death glare.

"Well, I better stand back. Your fiancee doesn't look too happy with me." He looks over his shoulder.

"Oh, she's harmless. I promise." I laugh and walk away from him.

Everything else goes well and I stand out of the way and watch the video shoot and then I get to take a picture with the band, which is a perk of the job, then it's time to go home. I'll get my paycheck tomorrow when I go in to work. I get in my car and drive back into central LA to the bungalow where I live with my twin sister, Morgan. We moved here from Michigan when we were eighteen. Were best friends in every sense of the word. Words can't really express my love for my sister, she's the best person I've ever met and she tells me exactly what she's thinking all the time. I pull into our driveway and get out. Lights are on in the house and I walk in. Morgan is sitting on the couch in sweatpants, watching TV.

"What up, babe?" I say, dropping my purse on the wood floor.

"Not a lot. How was the shoot? Did you get fired for being late?"

"No, Jimmy saved my ass and didn't tell anyone I was late. The shoot was great. I loved it."

"I'm glad." I plop down on the couch next to her and look at the TV.

"What's on?"

"Tough Love Couples." I smile.

"I love this show."

"I know. I made food, if you want some."

"OK. I'll check it out." I get up and go to my bedroom first and put on a gray sweat suit and walk out to the kitchen and check out the food situation. Morgan made my favorite, chicken Parmesan. I get a plate out and scoop out some pasta and a piece of chicken and ladle out some sauce and put it all over the plate. Lastly, I grab a piece of garlic bread and some silverware and sit back down on the couch next to Morgan.

"You are the best sister in the world."

"Tell me something I don't know, babe." She says. I swat at her arm, which makes her laugh.

"So, what happened at the shoot? Did you get to meet the band? Were any of them hot? You know nothing makes me happier than hot band guys." I laugh.

"Yes, I met the band, of course I met the band, I had to clothe them. Anyways. Yes, they were all hot. Especially the lead singer." She rolls her eyes.

"What?"

"You and your lead singer fetish."

"There are worse fetishes to have." I say, polishing off the last bite of chicken on my plate.

"OK, so what was hot about him?" She asks.

"Uh, everything! No, He was just really hot and kind of flirty in a sleazy kind of way."

"Oh great, Madison."

"No, no. In a good way. And anyways, he had a 'fiancee' who was a total bitch on wheels."

"Oh really?"

"Yeah, she was a piece of work."

"They always are."

We settle in and watch TV for a while and I go to bed with my TV on in my room. I've had a really long day and I have to go into work and give my bosses a report on how the shoot went, which is a load of shit if you ask me, but whatever. I think about Austin for a second and think about what I told Morgan about him. I know I'll never see him again, but I can't help but think about how cool he was. I'll probably read about his wedding to Queen Bitch in a few months. And with that crappy thought, I fall asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
OK, sorry for the shortness of this chapter. It will get better, with more Austin in it! lol. Thanks for reading. Comments are adored. I really want this story to do the first one justice, so let me know what you think!

I want to thank my wife Jackie, for the awesome layout. You rock girl! love you!