Its Complicated

Texting is Complicated

The sound of my TV is in the background buzzing and I am just sitting on my bed distracted looking blankly on my phone. I know i should be annoyed by now and turn it off going to bed but the tiny text that filled the screen of my phone has my full attention.
Let’s Break Up.
Those three simple words can cause a lot of damage to you. to me. I received this text about two hours ago and I haven’t yet put my phone down, cried, replied, or anything. It was like i was frozen, well more like I was trying to comprehend those words and trying to realize if it was true or not. I finally whisper to myself "Lets Break Up, that what it said Lets Break Up" I then can feel a burning sensation in my eyes as tears began to flow.
Purple ugly bags were under my eyes when I finally woke up that morning. The phone was still in my hand, I still haven’t processed it. I'm happy though that I don’t have school today, I am a complete wreck. I finally took a deep breath as I press the speed dial button for his number.
Ring.... Ring...Ring...
nothing.
Ring...Ring...Ring...
still nothing
Ring...
how long will it be? I can just imagine him picking it up soon and I'll feel relieved to hear his voice.
ri....Hey...
My heart skips its him
Hey guys sorry I couldn't get to you, leave me a message.
it was just a voicemail.
I laugh to myself at how a lousy voicemail made my heart skip. How the sound of him saying He made me feel happy again. I think I'm going to cry again as i fell back onto my pillow burring my face.