Falling Into Place

You Wait For His Spark

We pulled up in front of a worn out record store with a single light on. Billie turned off the car and reached to get out.

"This is where you wanted to go?" I asked.

He nodded. "Yeah. If this friendship is even going to start...you need my musical influence."
I quirked an eyebrow and he let out a sigh. " Just come on, you already trusted me to take you out of your house."

"Alright I'm coming." We walked inside and a kid with black hair looked up from his magazine.

"Hey Armstrong. What are you doing here?"

Billie smirked,"Trying to help out a friend with no music taste at all...wanna give me a hand?"
The man looked at me and Billie grinned, I could feel my face turning red.

"She doesnt talk much does she?" He asked.

Billie threw him a quick smirk, "Its cause she doesnt like you. Now come on I have to get her back."

I didn't like the sounds of this. The guy came out from behind the counter and Billie walked behind him, so I followed. They rambled on about bands Ive never heard of and shows being played in a club Ive never been to. All the while Billie was picking up records left and right as we combed the aisles for more. Some from the C's more from the O's another from the R's and so on. I finally tuned in when we came back to where we started from.

"This it Bill?" Billie nodded and pulled out a five dollar bill. Pulling his mouth to one side he looked up at me from under his curly brown hair.

"How much did you bring?" I rolled my eyes and grabbed a twenty from my pocket. He gave a satisfied grin as the guy checked out all the records. As we were walking out Billie handed me the bag.

"What." He sighed.

"These are yours. If you don't have a record player come to my place on Saturday...scratch that. Come to my house on Friday night."

"Why Friday night?"

"Well I'm going to assume you have no idea where Gilman is, for one. For two, we have two extra seats in the van and one now has your name on it." He noticed I really wasn't following where he was going and smiled smugly once the car had decided to start.
"Your going to see Sweet Children."

We came to my driveway where there was a light on in the window and my mothers face instantly disappeared. Billie chuckled a little.

"Not even 10 yet and shes freaking...I should have warned you, I'm mommy and daddy hate bait." He wriggled his eyebrows with the smirk I was starting to love.

"Yeah shes a bit...of a freak. Uhm, I'm gonna get inside I guess."

He nodded. "I'll remind you about Friday tomor- everyday." He smirked as I shut the door smiling. I waved to his review mirror then trotted into the house with my bag of records.
Once my mother 'noticed' I was in the living room she squinted her eyes at the bag.

"Did he buy something for you?"

Pfft. No I bought most of it, he just picked it out. I thought.

"Uh huh." She squinted trying to place what had happened tonight.
"Mom, nothing happened, but Friday I'm going to go to his house and help him with some Biology homework." My mother nodded and I knew I was free to go. A little white lie wouldn't hurt, because if she knew I was going to a punk club she would have to know who was driving what time it would be over, oh and of course I would have to be home by 10:30, blah blah blah. If I was going to have any fun this Friday night...I couldn't tell a soul.

Not like I would anyway.

Friday. My first...date?
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this update took so long and that it is soo short. =\
I am in the middle of moving and its been kinda crazy.
I am going to try to update one more time before Christmas because I wont have my computer for almost a week.

So sorry, please comment, and I will try and update.
<3