Status: Complete and edited

Two is Better Than One

Prologue

“Please Allie?” My best friend, Alaina begged. “I can’t stay here anymore. Mom has pushed me over the edge.”

Alaina and her mom have fought with each other ever since her dad died for years ago during the war. Now her mom was getting remarried and Alaina didn’t like that. She loved her dad and she thought her mother was betraying him by remarrying.

“What happened this time?” I asked, parking the car in my spot.

“Her fiancée said that I was old enough to live on my own now. At first mom stood up for me and said that I can stay with them as long as I want to, that she’d never kick me out. But now she is siding with him and telling me that I need to move out.”

“But out of state? There are a ton of other places to live here.”

“Why not Allie? Come on we can live together, plus I know you’re not happy at home.”

I sighed and placed my head on the steering wheel. She was right, I wasn’t happy at home. My parents were going through a nasty divorce after a year of a separation. I didn’t like the guy mom was seeing, and dad’s new interest was only four years older than me. Yeah my life wasn’t any better, so maybe moving out wasn’t such a bad idea.

“Okay fine, I’ll go.”

Alaina squealed and threw her arms around my neck. “I was thinking Pittsburgh.”

“Pittsburgh? Alaina, that’s across the freaking country.”

“I know, but my cousin lives there and he loves it. He said that he can help us find an apartment.” She grabbed her bag and got out of the car. I quickly followed behind her to our offices in the insurance building. Alaina and I were secretaries for two of the most well known agents in the company.

Once we got to our desks we began our morning routines for ourselves and our bosses. As I was turning in my computer, I turned to talk to Alaina, whose desk was next to mine.

“You know we are going to have to give Shawn and Jen our notices soon.” I said. She just nodded and went to get Shawn’s coffee and I turned to get Jen’s notes in order for her meetings this morning. After that was all done I opened a new word document and typed up my notice. I was moving to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
♠ ♠ ♠
Edited