Status: Complete and edited

Two is Better Than One

I'm Scared

One month later

My life has been crazy for the past month, mom had officially moved in with me and Alaina was in the process of moving in with Sidney. The first thing that I did was find mom an OBGYN, I got recommendations from all the women on the team for the best one and set my mom up with him, Jordan insisted on paying for her visits and as much as I tried to fight him on it I was thankful he wanted to help. She was now two months pregnant and her morning sickness was setting in and it was bad. I tried to help her as much as I could when I was home, but nothing seemed to be working. She kept telling me that she knew how to handle it because when she was pregnant with me I made her really sick as well. Work also added to my list of craziness because I had been placed in the toddler room for two weeks straight because the original toddler teacher has been out because of surgery complications she had over the Christmas break.

That’s what’s going on in my personal life, in the hockey world things were slowing down but speeding up at the same time. The boys were getting ready for the two week Olympic break and then the part of the season that mattered most was coming up. They needed to come back and win some games in order to secure a place in the playoffs. Alaina was going with Sidney to Vancouver, so I was going to be best friendless for two whole weeks. Jordan was still a little bummed that he didn’t make the Olympic team, but was happy that his brother and team mates had made it.

Today‘s game was a big one because the Penguins were playing the Capitals. It was the last game before the break and it was going to be intense because the rivalry between Alex Ovechkin and Sidney Crosby always was. I was going to the game like I normally do, but there was no way I was going to be able to behave myself. I never can when it comes to the Capitals, especially their captain, Alexander Ovechkin. Just hearing his name makes me want to punch something. Jordan thought it was funny, until he repeated his name and I punched him.

“Ow, babe. I do have to play tonight.” He said, teasing me.

“Shut up and just drive.” I told him. I was not going to like this game.

When we got to the arena, I went to the section where all the wives and girlfriends were sitting. Leah, wasn’t here because she hasn’t been feeling well for a little while, so it was just Vero, Sandra, Alaina, and I sitting in our normal row. Alaina kept an eye on me throughout the entire game because she knew how I got.

The game had been aggressive the entire night and as the second period was ending you could cut the tension between the benches with a knife. At one point Sidney and Alex got into a shoving match and I thought Alaina was going to jump over the glass and knock Ovechkin on his ass. Halfway through the third period, I was warned by the security guy that I needed to calm down or leave. I decided to leave because there was a Caps fan near me and I was ready to punch him in the face. I left the stands and made my way down to the locker room area and sat on the bench outside the door. I pulled my Ipod out and turned it on, I didn’t want to hear the noise of the game, or the Caps players’ names. As I sat there, I wondered what everybody was going to do during the break. I knew some of the guys were going home, mostly the Canadian boys, so that made me wonder if Jordan was planning on going home. I leaned back against the wall and closed my eyes.

I woke up some time later and noticed there was a shadow over me. I looked up from my Ipod and jumped right out of my skin. The shadow was my boyfriend and his team mates.

“Why are you out here?” TK asked

“I got a warning from one of the security guys. I decided that I didn’t want to get thrown out for punching the Caps fan near us, so I came back here.” I told them, as I hugged Jordan.

“Wasn’t Alaina supposed to be watching you?” Sidney asked, with a chuckle

“Yeah, she was but even she couldn’t calm me down. So I left.”

“Only you would almost get thrown out of a game.” Jordan laughed, leading me to the locker room. I pushed him lightly and walked in.

I took a seat at Jordan’s stall and tried to make myself invisible as the guys got undressed and showered, but that was impossible, especially when Max stopped right in front of me in nothing but a towel.

“Ouch, my innocent eyes!” I yelled covering my eyes and laughed.

“Innocent my ass.” Max laughed. “I know what you and Staalsy did last night. Hell, you two were practically having sex on the dance floor.” He smirked and walked away. The team had gone out to celebrate Max’s birthday since they were going to be on break during it. And yes, once again Jordan and I got hot and heavy and ended up leaving early…again.

I felt my cheeks burning as I looked towards Jordan who was blushing almost as bad as I knew I was.

“Look at those two blush!” Sidney pointed out.

“Sidney!” I gasped and the entire locker room chuckled. I guess this is what happens when you sleep with a hockey player, it is no longer private in the locker room. I stood up and headed to the door.

“I’m going to go find the girls, that way I won’t be subjected to listening to this corrupting talk.”

“Oh, bull shit, Allie and you now it.” Kris called.

“Goodbye boys.” I said waving and walking out the door.

I leaned against the wall laughing from embarrassment and waited for the other girls to come back here. The person who showed up made me want to scream…

Jordan’s POV

I watched as Allie walked out of the locker room, blushing. I couldn’t believe these guys, they were so immature sometimes. But I couldn’t help but laugh with them because Allie was being a good sport about that. I shook my head and went over to my stall to grab my towel.

“So….” Sidney said from next to me.

“Sid…you know I don’t ask you about your sex life with Alaina” I said in a warning tone. If this was any other girl I would be spilling every last detail about our night last night, but this was Allie they were asking about. I wasn’t going to do that to her, I care way to much about her.

Sidney chuckled, “You’re right Jord, so I won’t ask about yours. I’m proud of you though, you’ve changed. I remember this time last year if you had slept with a girl you’d be telling us.”

I blushed lightly and shoved Sidney. “Thanks, Captain.” I turned to look at Sidney. He was really happy with Alaina and I now know what he is feeling. “Hey, Sid.” I said, lowering my voice.

“Yeah, Jordan?”

“Can I tell you something?” I trusted Sidney, he was one of my best friends on the team.

“Of course, what is it?”

I took a deep breath and let it out, running my hand through my sweat soaked hair. “Do you remember last month when we went to Diesel and Allie and I ended up leaving early?” Sidney nodded and so I took that as a sign to continue. “Well we did end up sleeping together that night and afterwards, I might have told her that I love her. I took another deep breath and closed my eyes, when I opened my eyes and looked at Sidney, who had a huge smile on her face.

“Why do you seem so scared to admit that?”

“Because I told her after we had sex and I don’t know if she even heard it and..” I didn’t want to admit this, but I had to. “I’ve never felt like this with anyone else. I can see myself with Allie for a long time, and that scares me.”

“Jordan, it shouldn’t scare you. I see myself with Alaina for a long time, possibly forever and I’m not afraid to admit it. As for when you said it, yeah probably not the best time. You could make up for it though. We, well you, have a two week break. Take her out one night and tell her then. Make it special.”

I nodded. “Thanks Sid.” I told him, I heading for the showers. When I finished, I grabbed my stuff and walked out of the locker room and looked around the hallway for Allie. When I found her I froze, Ovechkin had her cornered and was harassing her. My fists instantly balled up when I noticed how uncomfortable she was. She was holding her own, but it wouldn’t last long. I dropped my stuff and made my way over to them.

"Get the fuck off of her." I said, clearly fuming.

"Why should I?" He smirked.

"Seriously? Just get the fuck off of me!" She yelled, clearly pissed off. She was ready to kick his ass.

He smiled an evil grin and turned around to look down at her, grabbing her. That was it, I grabbed him by the collar and slammed him into the wall, giving his already ugly face a good punch. He slumped to the floor and I continued to punch him. A pair of arms were on my shoulders trying to pull me off of him, but I was too pissed. Finally I looked behind me and saw Allie standing in the corner with Alaina and Sidney and Geno was the one pulling me away. He kept telling me to stop and that he wasn't worth it, so I shrugged him off and went over to Allie, grabbing her hand.

“Are you okay?” I asked kissing her forehead.

She took a deep breath and let it out in a quick burst of air. “Yeah I guess so. Though I’m glad you came out of the locker room when you did.” She put a hand on my arm, stopping me. “Thank you.” She placed a sweet kiss on my lips and turned to walk out to the car.

“Is that all I get?” I asked chasing after her. “I just saved you and that’s all I get?”

She laughed and turned around and wrapped her arms around my neck. “Oh, you want more?” She asked quietly.

“Well duh.”

She chuckled and stood up on her toes and kissed me. As girly as this sounds, my stomach flipped slowly as Allie continued to kiss me. I pulled her closer to me, I loved the feeling of her in my arms. I loved spending time with her. She was the one person I could actually talk to after a bad game, and that was saying something because even growing up I wouldn’t talk to my anyone not even my mom. I was no doubt falling in love with Allie. Allie broke the kiss and I looked down at her and smiled. She looked so beautiful wearing my jersey, her hair half up in a clip, her eyes sparking, and her lips smiling back at me.

“Let’s get out of here.” I said, grabbing her hand and lacing our fingers together.

We said goodbye to the team and made our way home. Allie ended up staying the night and I was as happy as I could be. I couldn’t sleep, I laid there with Allie snoring lightly in my arms, her breath warm against my neck. I laid there thinking about how I was going to tell her that I love her for real. The thought alone scared the shit out of me, I have never felt like this about a girl, the only women I have truly loved are my family.

Carefully I slipped out of bed and grabbed my phone, dialing a familiar number. I was aware of the time, but I needed to talk to someone.

“Jordan, you better be fucking dying.” A groggy voice snapped.

“I’m sorry, but I really need to talk to you.” I said quietly

I heard shuffling and muffled voices as Eric slipped out of bed. “What’s up? You sound a bit freaked out.”

I sighed and ran a hand down my face. “I kinda am, but kinda not.”

“Jordan, it’s too late to try and fucking understand you right now. What the hell is going on?”

“Sorry Eric, I just need to talk to you about something, but it can wait till morning I guess.”

“No, I’m sorry. Parker isn’t feeling well and he hasn’t been sleeping so neither have Tanya and I. On top of that we had a pretty hard loss tonight.” He sighed loudly. “What do you need to talk about?”

“How did you know that Tanya was the one?” I asked.

“What do you mean?”

“When did you know you were in love with her?”

“Ah,” He breathed. “You’re falling in love with Allie aren’t you?”

“I think, no, I know I am and it scares the shit out of me.” I admitted,

“It shouldn’t, but with your track record I can see why.” He chuckled. “Now to answer your question about Tanya. I just knew. And I can tell you that I knew when Allie came to Thunder Bay that you were already falling for her. Just go with your gut feelings and act upon them.”

“Yeah, that’s great advice there bro. I don’t know how to do that, hell I told her I loved her right after we had sex for the first time and she was falling asleep.”

“You didn’t? Jordan.” I could picture Eric slapping himself in the face.

“I did, but I don’t need to hear shit from you about it okay? I feel shitty enough already. I just need to know how to make this better.”

“Take her out to a nice dinner and just spend time with her. You’ll know when the time is right to tell her. And not after you two have sex.”

I heard crying in the distance. “Go take care of Parker, I’ll talk to you later.” I told Eric

“Sounds good and I’m telling you’ll know when to tell her.”

“Thanks. Good luck at the Olympics.”

“Thanks. Good night bro.”

“Night.”

I turned off my phone and climbed back into bed with Allie, feeling slightly better about my situation with her. I wrapped my arm around her waist and pulled her into my chest, kissing her head softly before drifting off to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Edited