Status: Complete and edited

Two is Better Than One

Oh Shit

Allie’s POV

The day after the game after the Capitals game Jordan and I drove Sidney, Alaina, Brooks Orpik, Marc-Andre Fleury, Vero, Geno, and Sergei Gonchar to the airport. We wished them luck at the Olympics and left them to head to Vancouver. After we said out goodbyes and wished everyone luck, we stopped at the store so I could do some shopping.

“Do you think that you and your mom would like to go out to dinner with me tonight?” Jordan asked as we were leaving Target.

I looked at him and smiled. “That sounds like a great idea, I think mom would love to get out of the apartment.” I told him, taking his hand.

“Great, I’ll drop by around seven or so. Dress nicely, I’ll make reservations.”

“Jordan, we don’t need to go anywhere fancy. Hell, I’d be happy with pizza.”

“Well, how does Olive Garden sound? It’s a happy medium.” He suggested.

“Olive Garden sounds wonderful.”

Jordan left me at my door with a kiss and went up to his apartment. When I opened the door, I saw my mom sitting in front of the television eating ice cream from the tub and watching The Notebook

“Uh oh, hormones raging?” I asked with a chuckled, setting the bags on the table.

Mom paused the movie and stuck her spoon back into the tub. “You have no idea. One minute I was laughing my ass off at The Hangover and now I’m on the verge of bawling my eyes out while watching this.” She laughed.

“I believe it.” I began putting the groceries away and when that was done I went to the linen closet to put the rest of the stuff away. “I bought that shampoo and conditioner you like.” I said as I grabbed a spoon from the kitchen and joined my mom on the couch.

She pressed play and we both settled in to watch the movie and eat ice cream. I smiled as I passed the tub of Mint Chocolate Chip to mom, her and I use to do this almost every weekend and when I went through a bad break up. We watched the movie in complete silence, we laughed and we cried. When the movie was over the tub of ice cream was long gone.

“That was nice.” My mom said, leaning on my shoulder.

“It was, I missed that.” I said, wrapping my arm around her shoulder.

“So how are things going with you and Jordan? I noticed you didn’t come home again last night.”

I blushed and hid behind my hair. “We’re doing good, and you’re right I didn’t. I stayed with him, but nothing happened.”

Mom sat up and looked at me. “Honey, I don’t care what you did or didn’t do. You are an adult and I trust you.”

I sighed. “Mom, can I tell you something?”

“Of course, baby. What’s up?”

“The night before you showed up, Jordan and I did have sex and as I was falling asleep Jordan told me he loved me. Now I’m not totally sure he knew I could still hear him, but he said it.”

“Has he said it since?” she asked

“No. That’s the thing, I’m not sure if I actually heard him say those words. Maybe I imagined them.”

“You could have, but I’m pretty sure that he actually said it sweetie. Just give him time, he’ll tell you again. You know you don’t have to wait for him to say it, you can say it first.”

I sighed and rested my head on my arm. “I know, I’m just afraid to.” I admitted.

“Why?”

“Because this is all new to me. Yeah I’ve had boyfriends in the past, but none that I have felt like this with. Also Jordan and I haven’t been together for that long, just a couple of months.”

“Yes, but you were friends before right? You’ve been in Pittsburgh for more than a year, so you’ve known Jordan for that long. Allie, there is nothing to be worried about.”

“Thanks mom.” I sighed. “Speaking of Jordan, he wants to take the two of us out to dinner tonight. We are going to Olive Garden. Does that work for you?”

“That actually sounds amazing. I have been craving some chicken Parmesan.”

I laughed and stood up. “Alright, he’s picking us up at seven. I have some things to do for work, so I’ll be in my room.”

I locked myself in my room, turned on my radio, and got to work on lesson plans for the toddlers since I was working there next week. As I was writing the first lesson plan, I noticed the date. That can’t be right.” I thought to myself I as I continued to write. I put my pen down and pulled out my mini calendar that I used for my cycle. I quickly flipped through it until I found this month.

“Oh shit.” I muttered as my eyes landed on, or rather didn’t land on, the little purple dot. I quickly recalculated the date and the marked date in my book. “Oh shit” I muttered again. I was almost a month late.

I tried to think, maybe I just forgot to mark it last time. I shook my head, no I was very good at keeping track of my period. Of course in my freak out moment, Alaina wasn’t here to tell me that it was all in my head, that I did just forget to mark it down. But again, I was very good about that. I laid backwards on my bed with a huge sigh and just stared at the ceiling. Don’t freak out about this just yet. You’re just stressed. Work has been driving you crazy and with everything that’s been going on with mom and the team just adds to it. I rolled onto my side and hugged my pillow as tears slowly rolled down my cheeks. I couldn’t be pregnant, just couldn’t the timing was absolutely horrible and we weren’t ready for a baby. Don’t get to ahead of your self there Allie. I told myself as I continued to cry. I was scared.

The next few days were stressful, ever since dinner two nights ago Jordan could tell something was wrong, but I wouldn’t tell him. The two of us would sit in his apartment with Kris and watched the Olympic hockey games, but I was just not getting into them like I usually did. That also set off that something was wrong with me. Alaina wasn’t here to help me through this and I was afraid to tell my mom. At the moment, my life sucked.

Since Alaina was in Vancouver I had gone to the store yesterday to get a pregnancy test by myself. I haven’t taken it yet, I wasn’t sure if I really wanted to know if I was pregnant or not. I took the box out of the bag and just stared at it.

“It’s not going to bite you.” I whispered to myself.

I grabbed the box and went into my bathroom. Five minutes later I was pacing around my room again, waiting for my phone alarm to go off. I jumped when the familiar Penguins’ goal horn blasted through my room, it was ready. Slowly I made my way back to the bathroom and the dreaded test. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath before looking at the plastic stick. When my eyes landed on the screen, I gasped and felt tears sting my eyes.

Positive I was pregnant.
♠ ♠ ♠
Edited