Status: Complete and edited

Two is Better Than One

As In More Than One?

Two Months Later

“How on earth am I going to fit in that?” I asked Alaina as we flipped through a magazine at the doctor’s office.

“Don‘t worry, you will.” She smiled and continued to look.

I shook my head with a chuckle and pulled out my phone to see if Jordan had sent me a text. I had an appointment to see what Jordan and I were having and he wanted to be here with me, but something came up with the team and he had to go. My mom was also supposed to be here, but Vero insisted on taking her out. I smiled to myself, she has become quite popular with not only the WAGs, but the boys as well. Everyone always asks about her and love coming over to the apartment to hang out with her. Some of the guys have even started calling her Mama Summers.

“Still no word?” Alaina asked, not looking up from her magazine.

“Nope. Still no word. What was so important that Sidney needed to pull Jordan away from me?”

Alaina simply shrugged and continued to read her magazine. I sighed and leaned my head back, resting my hands on my already swollen stomach. Apparently the Summers women were know for carrying heavy, which means I’m going to get fat. Mom was already huge, being five months pregnant with Logan. The sound of Alaina’s cell phone ringing pulled me out of my little trance. I watched as she got up and walked outside to take the call. I sighed and pulled out my phone, still nothing from Jordan.

NEW TEXT TO: Jordan
Where are you? Are you going to make it?

I pulled the magazine that I had brought with me and began flipping through it, taking note of things I wanted to get for the baby. My phone chimed in my purse, I quickly reached in to take it out.

NEW TEXT: Jordan
Not even five minutes away.

REPLY TO: Jordan
Good =) see you in a bit.

Just as I hit send, Alaina came bursting back in the office. She grabbed her purse and sent my an apologetic smile.

“I’m sorry, but I have to run. Jordan’s still coming right?” She asked.

“Yeah, go deal with whatever you have. Are you two still coming over later?”

“Wouldn’t miss it.” She smiled and turned to leave.

Alaina and Sidney were getting married in four months. Sidney had proposed to her after he won the gold medal against team USA. She was caught off guard as much as any of us. Obviously I was her maid of honor, but being the maid of honor while seven months pregnant is not going to be fun. The dress I was going to get is going to have to be big enough to be used as a blanket for a king sized bed.

“Miss. Summers.” I looked up at my name being called. “We are ready for you.”

I sighed and put my magazine back in my purse. “Okay.” I threw another glance at the glass doors. Familiar blond hair caught my attention. I turned to the nurse. “I’ll be a minute, my boyfriend just got here.” I smiled.

I heard the doors open and I smiled when he came over to me, placing a sweet kiss on my lips. “I made it.” He huffed.

“Just in time too.” We followed the nurse into the examination room and we waited for the doctor to come in. The same doctor that mom has. “So what was so important with the team that you had to ditch me?” I asked

Jordan looked away from his phone and smiled at me. “Nothing, Sid just wanted to have a team meeting.” I rolled my eyes. Typical Sidney, putting the team before everyone’s personal lives. I don’t know how Alaina can live with him.

“Well, Allie. I never thought I’d see you in here without your mom. How are you doing today?” Dr. Richards asked

“I’m doing pretty good.” I smiled,

“No sickness?”

“Not yet. Knock on wood.”

Both Jordan and the doctor laughed. “So Jordan, you guys are moving on to the playoffs. Congrats.” Dr. Richards smiled, setting up the machine.

“Thanks. It feels good being back in the playoffs for the third year in a row. We are pushing to win the cup for the second year in a row.” Jordan smiled.

“Like Mario.”

“Yep.”

Dr. Richards lifted my shirt and squeezed the cold gel on my stomach. I squeaked just a little and Jordan joined me at my side. I looked up into his beautiful eyes and my heart squeezed. He was looking at me with so much love and adoration. He leaned down and placed the sweetest kiss on my lips ever, when he pulled away he smiled down at me. I smiled and turned back to the screen. The heartbeat of the baby filled the room and tears instantly sprang to my eyes.

“Your babies are looking very healthy.” the doctor smiled

“We want to know-wait? Did you say babies? As in more than one?” I asked, shocked.

“Yes. Allie, you are having twins.”

I gasped and looked at Jordan who was looking at the screen, eyes wide and mouth open. Slowly he looked down at me and smiled. “Twins.” He whispered.

I bit my lip and nodded. Twins. I turned my attention back to the screen where I did indeed see two babies. Once again I was crying.

“What are we having?” Jordan asked quietly.

“Two girls.”

Tears were now falling down my cheeks. Jordan looked at me and I noticed that he also had tears in his eyes.

“I love you.” He whispered before kissing me.

“I love you, too, Jordan.”

We made another appointment around Jordan’s schedule and then left the doctors office. When we were in the car I couldn’t stop looking at the sonogram. Twins. I placed my hand on my stomach and rubbed tiny circles.

“I hope they have you eyes.” Jordan whispered.

I chuckled. “Really? Because I was hoping they’d have yours.”

“Well whatever they look like they will be beautiful.”

I leaned over the center console and placed a kiss to his cheek. Jordan grabbed my hand and placed a kiss on my knuckles. I looked out the window and noticed that we weren‘t heading back to the apartment building.

“Jord, where are we?” I asked curiously.

“You’ll see.” He smirked

I sighed and rested my head against the cool window. It was April now and everything was going well. I had no more doubts about Jordan and I, I was having twins with the man I loved, my mom was doing well considering everything she’s been through, my best friend was getting married, and the Penguins made it to the playoffs for a third year in a row. Life couldn’t get any better. I smiled as I ran my hand over my bump and began thinking about names. I wanted something pretty, something that would match their personalities. We still have six months to think of names, but I was always the type of person to think ahead.

“Babe, we’re here.” Jordan said softly, turning off the car.

I looked out the window and saw that we were in a neighborhood. I looked over at Jordan with a raised eyebrow.

“Jordan.” I said slowly. “What are we doing here?” I asked, though way back in my mind I had an idea of why we were here.

He smiled that signature Staal smirk and just got out of the car without answering me. I groaned and climbed out as well. Jordan was standing by the front of the car with his hand out. I grabbed it and looked at him, but he just kept smiling.

“Jordan, please tell me what we are doing?” I begged.

“Here, put this on.” He said, handing me a blind fold.

“Jordan.” I whined. “This is so not needed.”

Jordan didn’t say anything, he just spun me around and tired the blindfold. I felt his hands take mine and he began to lead me to wherever he was taking me. We continued to walk and then I herd voices that I recognized.

“Is that my other favorite Staal?” I asked, a smile forming on my lips.

“Hey, Allie.” He chuckled.

“Eric, what are you doing here?!” I asked, wanting to rip off my blindfold.

"Leave it,” Jordan commanded, reading my mind. “Eric, take her."

“Is he gone?” I asked.

“Yeah.” Eric said.

“What the hell is going on?”

“Nope, not telling. You are just going to have to wait.” I could hear the smirk in his voice.

“Ugh.”

Eric chuckled again and began leading me to God knows where. I heard Jordan’s voice somewhere in front of me, but still far away. I felt Eric step away from me and I started freaking out, but then I smelled Jordan’s familiar cologne.

“Ready Allie?” He asked.

“Jordan, I’ve been ready for a while.”

“That’s what she said!” Eric yelled, from again, somewhere in front of me.

“Mature Eric.” I laughed. “Yes, I’m ready. Now take this damn thing off of me.”

Jordan chuckled and took the blind fold off, I gasped once my eyes adjusted to the bring spring sun. I was standing in front of the most beautiful two story house. Eric was standing by the front door, smiling.

“Do you like it?” Jordan asked, stepping in front of me.

“Jordan, it’s beautiful. Is it ours?” I asked.

“It is” He smiled. “I lied earlier when I said we had something team related. I was here, signing the papers.” Jordan placed his hands on my cheeks. “Allie, will you move in with me?”

“Well duh, how could I not say no.” I laughed.

“Good. Oh, and there is a in-law suite in the back. Your mom can move in with us as well.”

I gave Jordan a kiss. “You thought of everything.”

“Do you want to see the inside?”

I nodded and ran over to Eric and gave him a hug. The three of us walked inside to take a tour of the house. Jordan took the point and began showing us everything. The downstairs was beautiful, there was a fire place, and a huge back yard. We made our way upstairs, where I heard voices. I looked at the two brothers and they just smiled at me. I rolled my eyes and followed the voices. I followed them right to one of the rooms that lined the hallway.

“Tanya? Parker?” I shouted, giving them hugs

“Hey Allie,” Tanya laughed. “I hear congrats are in order.” She said, placing her hands on my baby bump.

I smiled. “Yeah, and we have bigger news. We are having twins.”

“Twins?” Eric asked.

I nodded and started laughing when Tanya all but tackled me to the floor. I picked Parker up and placed a kiss to his cheek. The five of us finished looking around the house and then went back the apartment, since Sidney and Alaina were coming over. I rode with Tanya and Parker and Eric went with Jordan.

“So twins huh?” She said as she pulled into traffic.

“Yes, twins. I’m so excited.”

“What are you having?”

“Girls.”

“Oh, they are so going to be spoiled and have their daddy and uncles totally wrapped around their tiny fingers.”

I chuckled and nodded in agreement. That they were. Jordan was already ready to start shopping for everything and that surprised me at first. I mean when I first told him I was pregnant he ran out on me. Now that I knew he was just as excited about our girls as I was, I could relax some. Ten minutes later we pulled into the parking garage of the apartment and I noticed some of the other guys’ cars. Either they were at Kris’ apartment or mine was going to be very crowded.

“I got Parker,” I told Tanya. I opened the back door and noticed that the toddler had fallen asleep. Carefully, I unbuckled him and pulled him out of his chair without waking him. “Let’s just go to my apartment. Parker can sleep in my bed.” I told them as we were in the elevator.

Jordan grabbed my keys out of my pocket, much like he did four months ago, and unlocked my door. I was greeted by very loud talking and the smell of my mom’s famous peanut butter cookies. I walked into my living room and saw Sidney, Marc-Andre and Vero, Max, and Alaina sitting around.

“Hey guys, what are you all doing here?” I asked, handing Parker over to Jordan who took him to my room.

“We wanted to come see Mama Summers.” Max answered from the floor.

I looked to the kitchen and saw Geno helping my mother take the cookies out of the oven. I chuckled and grabbed Eric and Tanya’s hands.

“Mom, I’d like to introduce some friends of mine.” I said, giving her flour covered face a kiss. “Mom, this is Eric and Tanya, Jordan’s oldest brother and his wife. Eric, Tanya, this is my mother Sharon.”

“Well, hello there. It’s so nice to meet you two. I have heard many things about you. Did you bring the famous Parker with you?” She asked and I laughed. Typical mom, looking for the kids.

“Yeah, he’s sleeping right now. Jordan just put him in Allie’s bed.” Tanya smiled. “It’s nice to meet you too. Congratulations by the way.” She said, gesturing to my mom’s growing belly.

“Oh, thank you dear.”

“Do you need help?”

“No, I think I’m pretty much done. Evgeni got them all out of the oven for me.” She smiled.

Tanya and Eric went and joined the rest of the people in the living room. I helped mom clean up a little and then we joined everyone. Jordan was sitting on the loveseat with Eric, so I squeezed myself between my two favorite Staals.

“So Allie, how was your appointment?” Vero asked.

Everyone got quiet and looked over at me and Jordan. I smiled and reached for his hand.
“You tell them.” I whispered.

Jordan placed a kiss on my forehead and cleared his throat. “It went very well. We found out that we are having girls.” He smirked.

I waited to see if anyone caught the plural tense, but they all started talking at once. Then Sidney put his hand up and almost everyone stopped talking.

“Wait a second. Gronk, did you just say girls?” Sidney asked.

I nodded, not stopping the smile that spread across my face. “Yes Sid, you heard right. He said girls. Everyone, we are having twins.”

All the girls gasped and the guys started picking on Jordan about being out numbered. I reached into my purse and pulled the sonogram out and passed it around. I smiled at all my friends and turned to Jordan, kissing him.

“This calls for a celebration!” Sidney exclaimed standing up. “Allie, do you mind if I call some of the other guys over?”

“I don’t have a problem with it.” I turned to my mom. “Mom, you up for a party with hockey players?” I asked.

“Sounds like a fun time.” She smiled. “I will even order pizzas.”

Sidney nodded and started dialing his phone. An hour later my apartment was completely full with almost the entire team and their significant others. Jordan and I announced our news again and everyone was super excited for us. Everyone was enjoying themselves when the doorbell rang. I looked around and noticed that everyone was here, so I got up from my spot between Marc-Andre and Jordan to open the door. When I did I instantly recognized who was standing there and slammed the door shut.

“Jordan. I need you.” I yelled.

All the guys lifted their heads and looked at me, clearly catching the tone of my voice. Jordan quickly got off the couch and walked over to me.

“What’s wrong babe?” He asked quietly.

“Steven.”

“Shit” He hissed.

That one name ruined our night
♠ ♠ ♠
Edited